Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
New dirt late model MD3 nose evolution nose ?
Topic Started: Jul 8 2015, 10:14 AM (1,718 Views)
chris b
[ * ]
Is there any scratch builders that can build a master for the new MD3 evolution nose for the dirt late models ? I have a resin one from Dirt Modeler than I think can be used for scale purposes. There is a few changes in the new model, mostly the drivers side fender stands much higher now. All about more down force. Anybody willing to give it a try ..please notify me. Thanks ! Chris
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
...Your probably going to have better luck doing this one yourself. I cant think of ANY reputable caster on this site that would build the master and have some unknown person do the pour.....there is way too much plagiarism these days going on in the hobby as far as pouring resin goes. mm1

I digress,back to your O.P . Since all that is needed is raising the Left side area, you could easily do this with some flat material (pretty much anything) and some filler putty. Make a cut between the area that you want to raise and the main portion of the nose, use a flat piece(s) to fill in the gaps and filler putty to make it look right. Sand, prime, paint and your done.

Be sure and post some pictures.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

chris b
[ * ]
Thank you Brian......I think your right. There is no shortage on finding help or getting parts for Sprinter's but "modern" dirt late models is a whole different animal. :unsure:

sentsat71
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Also noticed when a dirt late model series ran at a one of the local tracks, that the bottom of the nose piece is slanted to the point it is even across the bottom when at speed in the turns. Higher on the right side of the car than the left. Didn't have a camera with me, so I have no pics......
Ed K

supergluek5
Member Avatar
Supergluek5
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Chrisb,

Try looking at the end of the forum for the links of Custom dirtcars.com and DM dirt modeler

Supergluek5
Mike
Only 3 Sports--- Racing, racing, and more racing

chris b
[ * ]
supergluek5,Jul 16 2015
07:37 PM
Chrisb,

Try looking at the end of the forum for the links of Custom dirtcars.com and DM dirt modeler

Supergluek5
Mike

custom dirt cars is working on one now ! :))) Thanks !

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
...got some dimensions for you...I converted them over to 1:25 from 1:1...I dont know if this will help or not. This piece shown would have been from the original design...I don't have anything yet for the Generation 2 MD3
Posted Image
I don't know what scale you are working with ,but it looks like the Gen 2 MD3 could easily be scratch built out of what Custom Dirtcars already has available as a nylon plastic (3-D printed) 1:24 piece.....
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

chris b
[ * ]
:))) Thanks Brian, Custom Dirt Cars came out with a 3D printed one and I have received it ! Looks really good ! brvo

« Previous Topic · SHORT TRACKERS DIRT · Next Topic »
Add Reply