Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2015 Race # 14: Sunshine Nationals
Topic Started: May 16 2015, 08:04 PM (396 Views)
wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Welcome ladies, gentlemen, kids of all ages, crews, and drivers to 14th and final round of the 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour here at the Sunshine Nationals at New Jacksonville Speedway in Jacksonville, Florida. We just can't seem to shake this rain. It's been a wet last couple of days, but the radar says it's done raining, although the track has some damp spots off line. Let's hope it holds until we're done. The temps are in the high 70’s.

Tonight is the final event for 2015. We’ve had thirteen different winners in the first thirteen events. It’s been a close fought battle with Speed holding a 1 point lead over Dannnyboy, with Mick trailing by another six points, and Kevin another point behind. These four drivers still have a mathematical chance of being the 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour champion.

So let's go racing and see who it will be. Dylan Kelly, today's fastest qualifier and winner of our 10th event, will get the evening started with a single car pass. He is driving the blown Hemi powered BIG DOG RACING rail.

Posted Image

Dylan warms his tires and stages. Dylan takes off and gets excessive wheel spin. He completes his run. Dylan is in round 2.

Our first pair of the evening is Dave "the Bayou man" Barron VS our current points leader, Paul D. "Speed Merchant" Smith.

Da Bayouman will be driving his Hemi powered '32 Vicky altered, named Puff Puffer. Speed is racing his powered Undertaker Prototype for the Historic Racing Associates.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The divers do their burnouts and stage. Speed roars off with a 1.3 second lead. Da Bayouman charges off after him. Speed is having traction problems and is unable to hold off da Bayouman. Da Bayouman will move into round 2

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Our next pair of the night is the winner of our 8th event, Aussie Mick Gadd VS the winner of our 11th event, Dannyboy "MrChevyblack" Lynch.

Mick will be driving his '87 Motorcraft Thunderbird Pro-Stock with 500cu ins.

Posted Image

Dannyboy is driving his immaculate 1965 Chevelle SS396 Super Stock prepared by Bonin Performance and MCB Motorsports.

Posted Image

Both do burnouts and stage. Dannyboy roars off with a 1.4 second lead. Mick gets wheel spin and is having trouble finding traction. Dannyboy holds Mick off. Dannyboy will move on to round 2.

Up next is Max Barron VS L. Edward "ET" Leadbetter.

Max will be driving the BBRT blown Plymouth powered digger rail, sponsored by Johnny's Speed Shop.

Posted Image

ET is running a Hemi Powered, 1959 Dynamic Performance Special, sponsored by Dynamic Performance Services.

Posted Image

The drivers warm their tires and stage. ET charges off with a .4 second head start. Max takes off, but is early and red lights. ET will be in round 2.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Up next is our traveling medicine show, Doc Dremel VS the Mad Doctor.

Doc is driving his bright yellow HellRaiser. a Hemi powered Bantam Roadster sponsored by Iron Cannibal Racing.

Posted Image

The Mad Doctor and his ‘39 Ford AA dragster powered by a 425ci Buick nailhead, and sponsored by Backyard Café.

Posted Image

They stage, after their burnouts. The Mad Dr. roars away with a 1.3 second advantage. But Doc and the HellRaiser ore on it tonight and pass the Mad Dr. with time to spare. Doc is in round 2.

Up next is a pair of Kevins. Kevin Barron VS Kevin "IAracefan" Sassman, winner of the fourth event.

Kevin is driving a blown Hemi Fiat Altered called "Pucker Power".

Posted Image

IAracefan is driving a 1963 Chevy II Altered Wheel Base big block Chevy for The Uncle Verde Race Team and sponsored by 555 Automotive.

Posted Image

Both do burnouts and stage. IAracefan charges off with a 1.3 head start. Keving really smoke his tires, but can not find enough traction. IAracefan is going to round 2 with the win.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Our next pair is the battle of champions. Defending 2014 champion Tom "Sarge" Enlow VS the 2013 champion, wisdonm.

Sarge is driving twin turboed 383 powered 1966 Nova 10.5" tire Outlaw sponsored by Harley Davidson.

Posted Image

Wisdonm is driving Dirt's '67 Olds 442, sponsored by thr Dragon Express Chinese Restaurant.

Posted Image

After prepping their tires, they stage. Wisdonm roars away with a 2.4 second lead. Sarge gets a good wheels up start. You can hear the twin turbos spool. Suddenly Sarge starts fishtailing, and has to back down. Wisdonm will be in round 2.

This brings up two crowd favorites, the winner of our 9th event, Arthur Valenti VS Trevor Kelly.

Art will be piloting the 383 blown Hemi P/V EXPRESS prepped by Paitch-Valente.

Posted Image

Trevor Kelly is driving a sweet looking fuel injected Mustang gasser.

Posted Image

The drivers warmed their tires and staged. Trevor takes off with a 1.3 second head start. Art gives chase, but can not seem to get hooked up. Trevor hangs on for the win and will go to round 2.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Our next pair is the winner of our 12th event, Delbert Hoyt Jr. VS the winner of our first event, Lenoard "Leadfoot" Leadbetter.

Del is driving a 1933 Willys Overland Panel powered by a 427 SOHC Ford.

Posted Image

Leadfoot's '29 A is powered by a '51 Merc that was prepped by Podunkville Auto Wrecking & Salvage and sponsored by Elmer's Sub Sandwich Shop & Diesel Repair.

Posted Image

Both staged and started to un-nerve each other. Leadfoot roars away with a healthy 3.8 second lead. Del got the SOCH reved up, but just could not catch him. Leadfoot is in round 2.

Next up is Dave "Charging Charlie" Bayer, winner of the third event, VS Ted C. of the BBRT.

Dave will be driving Rodger Ramjet 1965 Dodge Coronet Max Wedge Super Stock, prepped by Titus Lafontaine and sponsored by Raygo Dodge, Bayer Signs, AMB Racing.

Posted Image

Ted C. will be driving the BBRT '57 Chevy Gasser powered by a Paxton supercharged 409 W block Chevy.

Posted Image

The drivers stage, after prepping their tires. Ted roars away with a 1.6 second advantage. Charging Charlie gives chase, but is not able to pass the Chevy. Ted will be in round 2.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Coming up next are Kenny Barron VS the winner of our 5th event, Outback Jack.

Kenny Barron will drive a BBRT twin injected rail called Double Dynomite.

Posted Image

Outback Jack is driving his '68 Charger for Down Under Racing and sponsored by Dingo Ate My Baby Clothing Company.

Posted Image

After their burnouts, they stage. Jack charges off with a 1.5 second lead. Kenny roars away, but is fighting for traction. Jack wins by half a car length. Jack will be in round 2.

Our next pair is Mark Joseph VS Ms Agnus Cudahy.

Mark Joseph is driving a Bayou Bengal Racin Team prepped Blown Small Block Chevy Digger style rail.

Posted Image

Ms Agnus Cudahy is driving her 1964 Ford Thunderbolt powered by a 427 Ford with 2 4bbls.

Posted Image

The drivers stage, after warming their tires. Ms Agnus thunders away with a 1.5 second lead. Mark gives chase, but he too is looking for traction. Ms Agnus wins and will be in round 2.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Our final pair of round 1 are Nathan "Tex" Perrine VS Roy Takahashi, winner of the second event of the year.

Tex will drive the blown Olds powered 1940 Willys PU Gasser "The Chile Pepper".

Posted Image

Roy is driving Brand X, a '51 Anglia powered by a 53 Hudson Six, 308 Cubic inches, 3X2 carb on gas.

Posted Image

The drivers prep their tires and stage. Roy thunders away with a giant 3.9 second advantage. Tex tries to wait, but, once again, red lights. Roy will be the last to go to round 2.

That concludes round 1. Round 1 has not been kind to the more powerful cars, it seems due to poor traction. It also was unkind to three of four title contenders, with only Dannyboy moving into round 2.

Please return for round 2 after our short break.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Welcome ladies, gentlemen, kids of all ages, crews, and drivers to 14th and final event of the 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour here at the Sunshine Nationals at New Jacksonville Speedway in Jacksonville, Florida. Although it hasn't rained in the last four hours, the track has not been kind to the high powered cars, traction wise. The temps are in the high 70’s. It' time to start round 2.

Our first pair is today's fast qualifier Dylan and his digger Vs da Bayouman and his Puff Puffer.

Posted Image
Posted Image

They both do burn outs and stage. Da Bayouman roars off with a .3 second lead. Dylan chases after him, but is not able to catch him. Da Bayouman is going to round 3.

The next pair is Dannyboy and his Chevelle VS ET in his Dynamic Performance Special.

Posted Image
Posted Image

After warming their tires, they stage. ET roars away with a .7 second head start. Dannyboy gives chase, but can't pass him. ET moves into round 3.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Up next is Doc driving his HellRaiser VS IAracefan driving a Chevy II Altered.

Posted Image
Posted Image

They do their burn outs and stage. IAracefan thunderers off with a 2 second advantage. Doc charges after him. He is really hooked up and is able to beat him by .002 seconds. Doc will be in round 3.

Next is wisdonm driving his Olds. He will be making a single car pass.

Posted Image

He warms his tires and stages. Off he goes, making a clean run. Wisdonm is in round 3.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This brings up Trevor and his Mustang VS Leadfoot and his Model A.

Posted Image
Posted Image

They staged, after warming their tires. Trevor roars off with a 1 second lead. Leadfoot gets a great start and hooks up. He beats Trevor by a fender. Leadfoot will move into round 3.

Up next is Ted and his BBRT Chevy VS Jack and his Charger.

Posted Image
Posted Image

After their burn outs, they stage. Jack charges off with a .6 second head start. Ted gives chase, but is unable to catch him. Jack is in round 3.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Our last pair in round 2 are the ever popular Ms Agnus and her Thunderbolt VS Roy in his Brand X.

Posted Image
Posted Image

They prep their tires and slowly stage. Roy roars off with a huge 3 second advantage. Ms Agnus waits and then thunders after him, but sadly she red lighted. Roy will be in round 3.

That concludes round 2. We will return with round 3, after our short break.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Welcome ladies, gentlemen, kids of all ages, crews, and drivers to 14th and final event of the 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour here at the Sunshine Nationals at New Jacksonville Speedway in Jacksonville, Florida. The temps are in the high 70’s. It' time to start round 3.

Our first pair in round 3 is da Bayouman in his Puff Puffer VS ET in the Dynamic Performance Special.

Posted Image
Posted Image

They do some major burn outs, heating their tires. and then stage. ET roars away with a .5 second lead. Da Bayouman gives chase, but is unable to pass him. ET wins and will move into the semi-final round.

Up next is Doc and his HellRaiser Bantam. He will be making a single car pass.

Posted Image

Doc staged after his burn out. Doc pops a wheely and completes an impressive run. Doc will be in the semi-final round.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
The next pair is wisdonm in his Olds VS Leadfoot in his Model A.

Posted Image
Posted Image

They warm their tires and stage. Leadfoot thunders off with a 2.1 second lead. Wisdonm cuts a perfect light and barely beats Leadfoot by .002 seconds. Wisdonm will be in the semi-final round.

The final pair in round 3 are Jack and his Charger VS Roy and his Anglia Brand X.

Posted Image
Posted Image

The drivers stage, after prepping their tires. Roy roared away with a 2.7 second advantage. Jack gets a great start and chases after him. Roy seemed to be slowing down, as Jack passed him to win by a half a car length. Jack will be the last to move into the semi-final round.

That concludes round 3. In a few minuets, we will return for the semi-final round.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Welcome ladies, gentlemen, kids of all ages, crews, and drivers to 14th and final event of the 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour here at the Sunshine Nationals at New Jacksonville Speedway in Jacksonville, Florida. The temps are in the mid 70’s. It' time to start our exciting semi-final round.

The first pair in the semi-final round is ET and his Dynamic Performance Special VS Doc and his HellRaiser Bantam.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Both drivers stage, after doing their burn outs. ET charges off with a 1.2 second head start. Doc roars after him, but is unable to catch ET. ET is going into the final round.

Up next is wisdonm and his Olds VS Jack and his Charger.

Posted Image
Posted Image

They warm their tires and stage. Wisdonm thunders away with a .4 second lead. Jack charges after him and beats him by .020 seconds. Jack will be in the final round.

That concludes the semi-final round. After a short break, we will return for our final round.

Has a checkered past.

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Welcome ladies, gentlemen, kids of all ages, crews, and drivers to 14th and final event of the 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour here at the Sunshine Nationals at New Jacksonville Speedway in Jacksonville, Florida. The temps are in the mid 70’s. It' time to start our exciting final round to determine our champion.

Our final round competitors are ET VS Jack.

L. Edward "ET" Leadbetter is driving his Hemi Powered, 1959 Dynamic Performance Special, sponsored by Dynamic Performance Services.

Posted Image

Outback Jack is driving his '68 Charger for Down Under Racing and sponsored by Dingo Ate My Baby Clothing Company.

Posted Image

Our finalist do huge burnouts and gingerly stage. Jack charges off with a 1 second lead. ET roars after him is able to pass him for the win. ET wins. ET is our Sunshine Nationals Champion.

Please join me in congratulating ET in being the 2015 Sunshine Nationals Champion. fbr

Posted Image

Tonight we also get to crown the 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour Champion Dannyboy.

Posted Image

You can view the 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour Champion’s thread here.

Final 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour points standing after round #14

1st (101) Dannyboy 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour Champion

2nd (100) Speed

3rd (93) Doc
Mick

5th (92) Kevin
Leadfoot

7th (88) Trevor

8th (87) wisdonm

9th (86) Roy

10th (85) Dylan

11th (84) Tex
Max
Ms Agnus

14th (83) Kenny
Chargin Charlie

16th (82) Ted

17th (81) ET
Jack

19th (80) Tom
Bayouman

21st (79) Del
IAracefan

23rd (73) Art

24th (72) Mark

25th (34) Mad DR.

26th (6) Lil Charlie

That concludes the 2015 SNRA Southern Fryed Drag Tour season. Hope to see all y’all next year. :)))

Has a checkered past.

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Herzlichen Gluckwunsch Franzose. I will need you to PM me your address so I can ship out your Monogram Red Hot T-Bird Kit. Bernard, I will need yours for the Revell Pontiac engine parts pack. Enjoy the winnings!!
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Duffy
Unregistered

Hi All

Artie here, still giddy from having survived my first season as a drag car handler - the phrase "couldn't hook up" oughta be tattooed across some non-PC part of my anatomy, but make it a place I can touch up next year, okay?

Dannyboy has done wonders throughout the Tour, and I applaud loud and long at his clinching the title. He's a good guy and has become a good friend, and I'm looking forward to running against him (and ALL you lot!) next Spring.

There'll be more of us next year, too: Heckpussy LaFlamme caught the bug and is talking about building a car - I worry a little there, because he's actually our other rookie here, and a non-engineer-type pushman at that; but he says he's got some ideas about how to get around that. Indeed, I saw H'P (hey, good initials, huh?) in deep conversation with Ms. Agnus Cudahey after the Bristol meet (and he just clammed up when we asked about what was said); what do you think? Doing homework? Forming Evil Alliances? There's more to the Agnus/H'P story too, I bet. Ms. Cudahey's -umm, what? Granddaughter? Grandniece? I've lost track, I'm just a driver - has been showing up at these last few meets, and I've observed Heckpussy going fulltiltboogie distracted whenever she's around: distracted, Thousand-Yard-Stare, his usual taciturn monosyllables further eroding into a series of gulps. I would say he's smitten, but I wouldn't say it within earshot.

....And there's more: seems The Colonel Of Truth has family as well! Yes, amazing as it may seem, somebody tolerated him sufficiently for a time, and he has a daughter, Ruth. Just graduated from Cal State Fullerton with a degree in Thermodynamics, minoring in Macrame, and according to C.O. she's committing her dear departed Mom's estate to her racing war chest. Surprise, surprise.

So as of right now, Team Paitch-Valente may be fielding (along with some help maybe, guys - heck, I dunno everything, f'Lord'ssakes, I'm just the charming handsome driver here!) the PV Express along with a TBA car for Heckpussy LaFlamme, and a possible from Ruth Truth. Stay tuned.

See you guys after it thaws. Man, I can't wait!

Artie Vee
Quote Post Goto Top

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, after never making it into the quarter finals throughout the tour, in fact hardly making it out of the first round most of the time, ET finally gets his win! I hafta tell you, with two drivers entered, we thought about switching them just in case it might be the car, but we never did. With our other driver, "Speed merchant" Smith taking runner up in the series we're glad we didn't, but it was a close call... Thanx to all the entries, the organizers for some great handicapping, and some great racing.
Keep on buildin'

« Previous Topic · SNRA Southern Fryed Drag tour · Next Topic »
Add Reply