Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Primered Customized '49 Ford Coupe
Topic Started: May 6 2015, 08:31 PM (616 Views)
Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Slammed Customized '49 Ford Coupe in Gray Primer

So this is what's been occupying my bench for the past couple of months. Not a race car so I didn't do a W.I.P. here.

I started this project intending it for the primer CBP on another board but kept thinking I might go for a glossy paint job. In the end it told me to stay in primer, so here it is. AMT '49 Coupe slammed 7+ scale inches all around, mainly kit parts except for the following changes:

Chassis: lowered 7.5 scale inches front and rear using offset spindles at the front and lowering blocks at the rear.
Bodywork: Modelhaus resin '51 Ford customized grill with single plain bar (bullets removed) and smoothed bumpers. Frenched headlights. Hood, deck and doors shaved. Scratch built visor from styrene strip and rod. AMT Kit custom rear rolled pan, license plate molding,bumpers and taillights. Scratch built exhaust tips from flattened and shaped aluminum tubing. Kit supplied spotlights.
Wheels and Tires: Parts box sourced front white walls, Revell '53 Cadillac bullet sombrero hubcaps, AMT kit rear tires with hand painted whitewalls. The wheels are from my parts box, the worst I could find since they'll never be seen...
Interior: Modified from AMT kit with scratch built bolsters and homemade decals for leopard skin patterned portions.
Paint: Duplicolor Gray Primer Sealer. Interior finished in in Duplicolor Yellow and Tamiya Semi Gloss black. Interior upholstered surfaces cleared with testors Dullcote.

Thanx for lookin',
B.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) nice

dirtman
[ *  *  * ]
49 - 50 Fords are one of my favorites. I've owned about 5! Ya dun good on this one. Brings back some good memories...

Rett

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Sweet old custom. Just roll the Lucky Strikes up in the T-shirt sleeve, comb through the pompadour, and let's go cruising.
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

Dr Kerry
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks awesome bernard!!!!
Kustom Kar Kulture in Scale
My Webpage

Ahh it's great to smell racing fuel in the morning!!!!!

Scaleavenue http://scaleavenue.myfastforum.org/index.php

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks guys. Memory lane was definitely the point of the exercise, although with slick front grill treatment it's not quite as funky as it might have been. At some point I need to do some sort of early 50's coupe in black or dark gray primer, maybe with mismatched panels for that work-in-progress look, with red wheels and white walls, just to get it out of my system...
Keep on buildin'

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
B) :))) fbr
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Broken Photobucket links repaired. For now I'm only updating completed model pics. Updating w.i.p. links is just too huge a task! I'll update them on request...
Keep on buildin'

« Previous Topic · ANYTHING OTHER THAN RACE CARS · Next Topic »
Add Reply