Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
plastic bondo??
Topic Started: Mar 1 2015, 08:51 PM (961 Views)
grampa55
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I narrowed a 34 ford body. Now I need too fill in the crack so we can't see the place I cut it. What should I use??!! :unsure: .?. Thanks!! Neal ps: I check below to receive emails from the site, but never get any...Any ideas??!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Gramps, If you are in a pinch, Squadron white works pretty well. Take your time and more than one filling after sanding. I have had good luck with it at times. Another good one I like is Evercoat ultra-smooth finishing putty. Most auto parts stores keep it. There was another Evercoat putty called Euro-Cream Coat but I have not seen any in years so not sure its still made. I felt it was just about the best. Take your time and do a lot of block sanding and you will get there! Good Luck.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
...I use the squadron putty as well and I also use the Bondo glazing and spot putty (#907) that comes in a tube that's available at your local auto parts store.....the #801 tube of Bondo glazing and spot putty will work also , but I prefer to use it on larger imperfections where as the 907 works better with smaller scratches.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1932 Ford Altered drag car
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
When I cut bodies or do any major modifications which require strength in that area for sanding I use acrylic fingernail filler. It is located in the cosmetic section at Wallyworld or can be bought at any beauty supply place, such as Sally's Beauty Supplies. It requires good ventilation because it is rather strongly odored and the fumes are similar to MEK or Toulene. It dries rather quickly and is extremely hard so it requires quite a bit of effort to sand; however the joint is super strong, will not crack during sanding, and it does come out really smooth. One other quirk with this stuff, it does not work well in a dehydrator - it will bubble up.
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

grampa55
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
tHANKS GUYS!!! I'll try and then post pics!! Neal rlr

USMC E5
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I like to use actual body filler.
Lately I've been using Dolphin Glaze by UPOL.
Available at local body shop/paint suppliers.
It was only $12 with hardener.
Lightweight polyester filler. Will not shrink like other fillers and sands really clean.
   You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
-- Dean Martin

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
Administrator /Old has been!!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I use mek in a bottle with pieces of plastic in it,make sure the bottle has a brush with it,something like a solvaset bottle,make sure you use it with a lot of ventilation!!!
The Smell,Rubber Burning,Nitro In the Air...Never mide me im just looking for my Meds

« Previous Topic · TIPS & HOW TO · Next Topic »
Add Reply