Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Simple custom trailer for my '34 Ford roadster
Topic Started: Jan 26 2015, 07:17 PM (485 Views)
Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This doesn't even come close to what Duffy showed us with his recent trailer build/ It's a simple two-whee;ed trailer I made for a race set I completed a couple of years ago. Almost entirely scratch built from various shapes of Evergreen and Plastruct plastic, the exceptions being the wheels and tires (standard AMT Firestones and steelies), the fenders (AMT ’25 T rear ‘cycle fenders) and the springs (AMT ’37 Chevy rear suspension). I know zero about trailers so I used the little trailer in the Revell Edelbrock Midget kit as a pattern. Of course this one is much, much, bigger and had to have suspension to take the weight.

Here are a couple of pics of the trailer, the car and trailer together and the race set. I'll post more pics of the race set as part of my posts for the roadster and the '40 Ford sedan delivery.

Thanx for lookin',
B.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Duffy
Unregistered

Well, HECK yah!! See, I said I overthought the thing and here's the proof. All the crossbraces I put in to keep the weldment from flopping & parallelogramming? You put the bracing in the front segment, and it does the same thing. That's what we need. Or, the tread plates would serve as shear-panels, that'd be sufficient too.

You gonna tell us more about the sag wagon? It's beautiful!
Quote Post Goto Top

dirtman
[ *  *  * ]
Very nice!

Rett
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) :)))
Kevin