Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
68 Camaro promod wip.
Topic Started: Jan 23 2015, 03:19 PM (2,257 Views)
resin-daddy
Member Avatar
Administrator /Old has been!!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Here are a few pictures of the Promod im working on.The body and chassis are 3D printed,wheels are from Micro-Nitro and tires from Futurattractions. More to come.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
The Smell,Rubber Burning,Nitro In the Air...Never mide me im just looking for my Meds
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Real small-scale 3-D work! How is the texture on the chassis and body? What are you using as your printing material? Did you provide the 3-D files for the output? Beautiful car and details. The lines of the body are really tasty!
Keep on buildin'

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) looks really good Jamie :)))

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) rlr
Kevin

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
WOW, Its already a beautiful model ! Can't wait to see it done !

pecce rlr pecce
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks guy's,Bernard the chassis is pretty smooth,the body was some what rougher.I sealed both in Future floor shine then used Duplicolor primer and Rustoleum filler primer followed by a coat of clear,there smooth now! No I didn't do the files the parts are from TDR Inovations,all the aluminum parts I machined myself,im kinda proud of the bell housing,here are some more pic's.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The Smell,Rubber Burning,Nitro In the Air...Never mide me im just looking for my Meds

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Got more work done,i remachined the bellhousing and started work on the rearend tubes.Waiting for the etched rotors to get here before I machine the hubs. If anyone knows where I can get Ultra orange pearl paint at chime in and let me know :))) More pics to come.

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow the detail on this thing is crazy. Keep it up !

pecce rlr pecce
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

resin-daddy
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Frank,just a little update,got some etched parts coming including the brake rotors.I needed them before I can machine the hubs in order to know what size to turn them.All that cheap RB Motions :P parts ordered too along with the House of color paint,also made the valve covers today guess I will start on the engine as its not weather fit to spray the body and chassis :)))

old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Great start Jamie ........... looking really good fbr B) :)))
I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!

Hondo
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Dang, that'll be nice......... :))) :)))
Jim

« Previous Topic · DRAG · Next Topic »
Add Reply