Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'32 Ford 5-window Dry Lakes Racer; Bonnevile car w/ full bellypan
Topic Started: Jan 14 2015, 04:39 PM (514 Views)
Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Chopped Dry Lakes Style 5-Window Deuce Coupe with Full Bellypan

In honor of the newly renamed Drag/L.S.T. section here's a full-on Bonneville style dry lakes racer I built a few years back. Starting with a spare Revell ’32 Ford 5-window coupe which I chopped 6 ˝ scale inches, much of this car is scratch built including a full bellypan, the interior and the steering. The rest is scraped together from my parts box. Here’s the full run down:

Bodywork: Revell 5-window ’32 Ford coupe. Top chopped 6 ˝ scale inches, clear red acetate windows and grill. Scratch built full bellypan.
Chassis and suspension: Chassis integrated into bellypan structure. Rear suspension omitted since it’s hidden inside the bodywork. Front suspension based on Revell Deuce tubular dropped front axle. Front spring shaved and de-arched, scratch built steering, split wishbones and tubular shocks from AMT ’29 Ford Model A kit.
Motor and transmission: Blown Buick Nailhead V8 from Revell Tony Nancy Double Dragster kit with Hilborn four port injector from a Revell Parts Pac small block Chevy. Headers from an AMT ’40 Ford Sedan Delivery kit. ’39 La Salle transmission courtesy of Early Years Resin.
Interior: Scratch built from sheet styrene with resin bucket seat courtesy of ThePartsBox.com, AMT ’36 Ford steering wheel and roll bar from an AMT ’37 Chevy coupe kit.
Wheels and tires: Moon disc style wheels courtesy of Early Years Resin. Front tires from a Revell ’37 Ford Sedan Delivery kit, rear tires courtesy of Herb Deeks.
Paint and graphics: Main color is Krylon Bauhaus Gold enamel over white primer. Decals are home made.

Thanx for lookin’,
B.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Some detail photos:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Phun with Photoshop:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'

Duffy
Unregistered

- Woh.
Quote Post Goto Top

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) :)))
Kevin

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
fbr fbr fbr
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanx guys!
Keep on buildin'

« Previous Topic · DRAG · Next Topic »
Add Reply