Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Setting the front hoop alignment & height
Topic Started: Jan 4 2015, 10:24 PM (402 Views)
Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
If your build requires a front hoop that does not come with the original kit and you need to get it in the proper position, this is what I do.

I use modeling clay to get the proper height and angle of the front hoop. Once I get every thing where I want it, I glue the front most hoop uprights in place.

For a build where I want the front hood to sit on top of the front hoop , here is what I do. I place two chunks of modeling clay under the hoop...one on each side, away from where I will need to work. I then place the body on and close the front hood down until it is closed properly, and in turn, the hoop height was set.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

USMC E5
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:)))
   You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
-- Dean Martin

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for this. It's a tip the utility of which goes way beyond setting a front hoop. It's an approach that allows alignment of any number of inter-related parts of a model. It's the kind of thing I look forward to seeing here now that I've joined up.
Keep on buildin'

Duffy
Unregistered

OHHHHHHYah. Our use of modeling clay is gonna see a giant spike, real soon now.
Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · TIPS & HOW TO · Next Topic »
Add Reply