Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
'Lil' Giant Killer - 60's Jr. Fueler
Topic Started: Jan 2 2015, 03:04 PM (846 Views)
Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Hemi powered 60’s Style Junior Fueler Front Engined Dragster0
(More pictures below)

By way of introduction, another digger from My Back Pages, this time from 2013 and probably the most polished execution of race cars from my bench.

Mid-60’s diggers are among the most beautifully proportioned and designed straight line race cars ever created. And the slickest looking of all, IMHO, are the Junior Fuelers, those super light injected Little Giant Killers limited to 310 cu. in. and designed for optimum performance.in the first 300 feet. Can you say Hole Shot? Can your say Crowd Favorites?

Anyway, starting with the Ramchargers kit I deleted the extraneous bodywork, built up an injected Hemi (let’s assume it’s a small displacement DeSoto, shall we…) and gave it a slick showboat paint job typical of these mid-decade local heroes. Everything is from the Ramchargers Dragster kit except as noted below.

Thanx for lookin’,
B.

Bodywork: Ramchargers Dragster kit with nose deleted. Original vertical clamshell construction converted to fully functional removable cowl. Bodywork glued into place on final model with Ambroid Tac ‘n’ Place to allow the body shell to be removed to display the bare chassis. Paint is Tamiya AS-12 Bare Metal Silver with Tamiya TS-20 Metallic Green panels. Trade decals from the Ramchargers Dragster kit. Lil’ Giant Killer logo decals are home made.
Motor and Driveline: Ross Gibson Injected 392 Hemi resin kit block, heads, valley cover, accessory drive and oil pan. Correct Hilborn Chrysler 932 Hemi style injectors and Hilborn fuel pump courtesy of Altered Sates Models. Mickey Thompson early series Hemi style valve covers and stainless steel injector stacks courtesy of Speed City Resins.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Keep on buildin'

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
B) fbr fbr
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

IAracefan
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That is awesome! jsm
Kevin

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) :)))
Kevin

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you everyone! Sometime in 2015 I plan to build a proper stripped down Jr. Fueler, this time with a more correct injected small-block Chevy.
Keep on buildin'

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
wnw :))) Wonderful Bernard! Thanks for sharing. I know I SB chevy would be more typical for the car, but never apolgogize for a Hemi!!! r:r It is wonderful, I will be looking forward to many more of your builds. You could filter in some older ones, I'll try to do the same with some that never saw light here for whatever reason, but I've got to get going to finish several of the new, and old lol, builds I have going.
Dave
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

Bernard Kron
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Broken Photobucket links repaired. For now I'm only updating completed model pics. Updating w.i.p. links is just too huge a task! I'll update them on request...
Keep on buildin'

« Previous Topic · DRAG · Next Topic »
Add Reply