Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
25 T Modified from '67
Topic Started: Dec 29 2014, 06:32 PM (494 Views)
Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This T Modified is modeled from a 1:1 I used to watch race. I was lucky enough to speak with the original builder/driver at length and got to drool over a stack of photos of the real car from back in the day. Armed with the builders descriptions and original photos I was able to create a 95% accurate replica of the old original. The 1:1 rode on an original T frame with some tubing and square tube added for strength. The Engine is a 413 Chrysler and the roll cage was built from Drive shafts. The steering box was from an old Tractor but he couldn't remember what he robbed it from, Ferguson or Ford 9n maybe. Corvette Disc brakes on all fours, Jeep radiator and international front axle. Body was steel. Talk about your Junk Yard Dog!!!! The car raced in two states for about three years and was a regular at Ozark Speedway.

My Scale version uses the AMT 25T frame and body, 413 from the 49 Merc kit and a whole box of spare parts and evergreen bits. The roll cage was made from kit sprue sized to match a Drive Shaft. It was then weathered and mudded up with pastels and acrylics. I tried to stay as close to the original 1:1 as possible. The Original Builder/Driver said the number 1/2 was used because everyone told him it only looked like half of a car. The original is long since gone and its steel was most likely used to make parts for a K car or Yugo. I tried to dirty up the car a lot as I NEVER saw this car clean in the day! It did however win lots of races.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) :)))
Kevin

Throback
Member Avatar
Frank the CRANK
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
B) :))) fbr
Frank Burval aka Frank the CRANK
Throback Scale Motorsports
Showdown Design and Graphics
Frank the Crank's Speed Shop

-Do your part to recycle plastic. Build models! (Me)
-Throback, its an old nickname...has nothing to do with fishing!!!
-Hey...Its Saturday night! If your not slingin' dirt you better be kickin' asphalt!!!! (Me)
-My Pappy Said, "Son you're gonna drive me to drinkin if you don't stop drivin that Hot....Rod....Lincoln! (Charles Ryan, W.S. Stevenson)

jpmracing
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :)))
PIERRE MICHAUD

check out my other builds
http://s1053.photobucket.com/user/jpmracin.../?sort=2&page=1

carl
Member Avatar