Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
early years resin
Topic Started: Dec 20 2014, 05:34 PM (1,596 Views)
grampa55
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
can we still order from EARLY YEARS RESIN? I'm trying to find a 6 banger motor for a model...I don't know of anybody else that has 'em...Thanks!! The Ron dedication model is really sharp looking!! Great job on it!! Thanks,Neal
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I sent them an email about an order two week ago, but haven't heard anything yet.

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

USMC E5
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Ron was Early Years Resin. It was a one man show.
It is no longer open or taking orders.

If you want or need a 6 cylinder engine contact me.
As well as some other products like quick change rears,
Fuel cells and some flathead stuff.
Wheels, hubs, bodies and more coming soon from my own masters and new molds.
   You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.
-- Dean Martin

USMC E5
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
By no means I am saying I am taking over EYR, just in case the drama mill gets to spinning.
Simply wanting to provide the specialty items "we" tend to use as short track builders.
This has been something Ron and I talked about earlier in the year and was good to go with it.
Just didn't think it was this soon as we had planned some time to be spent between Christmas and New Years just for this reason.
-- Dean Martin

skeeter
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Tom,

I will be one of your biggest supporters of your planned effort to provide all of us here on the board with "parts and pieces" for our builds. I know you and Ron were really close friends and he would want you to carry on with what he loved and enjoyed. Without doubt your stuff will be outstanding just like the awesome models you build, along with all the other magic you perform.

Hope you have Merry Christmas with your family and friends!

Skeeter

USMC E5
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the support Skeeter.
Just trying to keep stuff available as I am seeing new people with a sudden interest in the "roots" and "early years" of racing.
-- Dean Martin

pljas
[ * ]
Hope you have old school wide five's

grampa55
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
USMC--E5, how about PLASTIC PERFORMANCE? Can you get that stuff? Thanks for any help!! If you need time to gather your plan, go for it!! We just appritiate you stepping up!! I'm also not sure of yer name!! Thanks, Neal :))) fbr .?.

USMC E5
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Neal,
My name is Tom.
I am working on securing the PPP stuff now.

Pljas,
I am working on 3 sets, maybe 4 sets of wheels now.
Just did a test on a mold for the first set last night and I am really happy with the result.
-- Dean Martin

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey all,:lol: As a stop gap, before Tom gets them going, if you absolutely have to have some PPP stuff now, it can be ordered from Model Roundup, the full line is there. Good price but shipping is high.

However, I have seen photos of much of Tom's stuff here and on the net, as well as how he makes them. Tom's products will be absolutely top notch! :)))

What he says he is going to do, he does,too! Dependable, good service.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

grampa55
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Charlie!! :))) I ordered from them, and paid more in shipping than the parts cost!! mm1 oh well...Neal

grampa55
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks Tom!! .z. Neal

Sign Painter
[ * ]
Tonight I emailed Ron for some parts. Glad I found this post. Sent Tom an email.

I'm a newbie here. Time to pick up where I left off building models when I was fourteen or fifteen. Now almost 50 years later and ready to get back and be a kid again. Want to get reacquainted with the hobby and find where I can find the good stuff to help me custom build some Vallejo Speedway hardtops from the mid 60's.

I'll start a thread later and share how I got started building Vallejo Speedway hardtops in 1964. I not only hand lettered the model. I was fortunate to hand lettered the actual race car. It's what got me started on my long career as a sign painter. Until then...Happy Trails.
Sign Painter
Posted Image

Posted Image

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :)))

Dutchman
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow, that's really cool. Sign painters are good as gold. Used to always look forward to watching our local man Dan Guy letter our cars back in the day. He, as all you guys do, had some great talent. Looking forward to seeing more of your hand-lettered builds! Denny :)))

Tom,looking forward to seeing what you come up with in your resin line. your builds are always top-notch so your stuff will no doubt be too. Thanks for your support to all of us short track builders and the hobby.