Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dirt Late Model Toterhome & Trailer; The begining (part 1)
Topic Started: Jun 15 2013, 11:00 AM (711 Views)
john54
[ *  *  * ]
I have been around dirt racing for more then 35 years from watching to owning, building and helping with a friend with a successful dirt sportsman (which is a thunder&lighting with a camaro snout which later become a full square tubed chassis 3 bar car with a fixed quick change rearend). I have been around all kinds of transporter from high dollar to the ones you ask your self how did they make it to the track. I have been sidelined from working on what I love and desided to build a model of a toter home and trailer with 2 cars. This assembly is not of any racer but of something I would own I could afford it. The worst thing that I am running into is finding parts. That means a lot of what you are seeing is hand crafted and fabricated. The Toter started out as a 359 Peterbuilt conventional cab with sleeper, this has been the only model that has been purchased for this project. Sourkraut model trucks has supplied some of the photoeched parts for the truck. Hobbylic has been my mane sourse for jus abbout everything that has been built out of plastic stock. I found some tire of a old semi car trailer off ebay in the truck juck yard section as well as the wheels for the trailer. I hope the everyone that looks at this build enjoys it as much as I have, enjoy the journey. roll
[url=[IMG]http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r700/john5411/359%20Peterbuilt%20Dirt%20Late%20Model%20Toter%20and%20Trailer/Thestartoftheproject001_zps5a6a6bec.jpg[/IMG]]The start of my journey[/URL][url=[IMG]http://i1362.photobucket.com/albums/r700/john5411/359%20Peterbuilt%20Dirt%20Late%20Model%20Toter%20and%20Trailer/1_zpsc46b2812.jpg[/IMG]]The frame[/URL]
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · HAULERS, TRAILERS · Next Topic »
Add Reply