Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Raybestos Trans Am Mustang
Topic Started: Nov 10 2012, 03:33 PM (990 Views)
signmike
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm building a replica of this SCCA Racer, I'm using a Revell kit and a resin body from competition resin.

Watch this, I'm having fun, hope it stays like this until the end.

Posted Image

Here the frame is pr=artly assembled and the body is sectioned.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Michel Maheu
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

signmike
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Some of the modification work:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Michel Maheu

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
rlr :))) :)))
Kevin

signmike
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm sorry I forgot about this one. I had too many issues with it, mainly the cleanliness of the chassis. Paint was bad. The body came up right but I messed up the paint on the rear and the clear I used yellowed. So I left it aside for a while and finally decided to finish it.
It makes a nice shelf model, I wheathered it a bit . I like it but I'd like to redo it sometimes...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Michel Maheu

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
LOL! Don't feel bad Mikey, I have a whole closet filled with projects that went that way! I still like the way this one looks and the body too! Its an accomplishment that you finished it. Every one of those kits I have been into suffered from warp on the chassis or body. I have four or five still in the shrink wrap because I couldn't face the pretzel chassis. Which version did you start with? I did the Motorcraft version and the body was twisted. Fixed that and I barfed up the white paint two times. Decals exploded when they hit water and had to find aftermarket replacements. When I did the finish-up, I had misplaced the glass. I call that Charlie Brown Luck. I have the JPS version I would like to do but I am afraid to open it.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
ANY problem race car can be cured with a pound of C 4, Detonator and a 12 volt battery.
Your drivers attitude will improve if you have the correct load in your Mossberg.
"After the last five or six Presidents, I'm Lookin' pretty good!"----
Richard Nixon

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nice pony Mike :))) :))) :)))
Kevin

henryc43
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Nicely done! :)))

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) I can't see anything wrong with it, mighty fine looking racer. Even a bad and dirty Mustang is better than most anything else.
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

Undertaker2480
Member Avatar
[ *  *  * ]
Mike, that's still a great looking build! Heck, I'd give my left leg to have some of my builds turn out that "bad!" r:r Judging from the comments above, you were fighting an uphill battle from the start with this kit. Still a dang great looking racer!
Eat. Sleep. Do creepy mortician stuff.

signmike
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thank you so much. It looks good on the shelf in my Mustang collection.
Michel Maheu

« Previous Topic · SPORTS CARS · Next Topic »
Add Reply