Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Kiwi style racer; Late 60's allcomer.
Topic Started: May 29 2012, 10:01 PM (462 Views)
Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Inspired by our fearless Kiwi and our friend Gavin Evitt, I am dong a series of sedan style road racers. There was a truly wide variety from the 60's ththrough the 80's, the first done will be this Mustang with Tunnel Port Boss 302 power. It is the simple AMT 66 Mustang kit. I have most of the main stuff assemble d and painted, but decided to remove the exhaust and slightly rebuild the chassis. I just need to plate the floorboard in a few places and it is ready to go ansd accept side dump exhausts. I will use early Nascar Blue streak Nascar tires on the American Mags, the number circles and then hand letter as usual. following cars will be replicas, some with decals, some with me duplicating their oringinal lettering, or signwriting as they say in NZ. :lol: Once the chassis is repainted this one will come along very quickly, foil, a few wires, some detail paint and thats it. I hope it will be interesting and that you'll like it.
Posted Image The basic pieces at this point.
Posted ImageThe body and the Vintage Racing Mins. Decal sheet, lots of goodies on there.
Posted ImageHere's the interior with a simple cage bent up from evergreen tube and a headrest built in.
Posted ImageDash and Engine, prior to final finishing and detailing.

Thanks for looking. Its been a slump but I've gotten far on quite a few things now.
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

carl
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) Looks real good so far

Carl

GavinEvitt
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) B) Just wait until you start talking with a kiwi accent. rr21

Cool Bro.
Saving the past for the future.

ronr
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:))) :))) pecce
RON ROYSTON
"FLAT HEADS & INLINERS FOREVER""
http://photobucket.com/albums/b68/RonR1025/
http://www.earlyyearsresin.com/
"POP`s"

fireguy14
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
B) pecce
Dave Sullivan
my album
There is no replacement for displacement!!

« Previous Topic · SPORTS CARS · Next Topic »
Add Reply