Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
1964 Plymouth Valiant Gasser
Topic Started: Aug 22 2011, 07:12 AM (696 Views)
GavinEvitt
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
About time something was posted in here!
This is a tribute build of a NZ Stockcar based on a 1934 Ford 5W Coupe, originally built for racing in late 1956 the car raced at three tracks in the Auckland area over a period of years and was altered quite a bit over this time. The build is of the car as it raced at Gloucester Park in 1963.
Posted Image

WIP.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Saving the past for the future.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

GavinEvitt
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
More WIP

Posted Image

Posted Image

Finished.

Posted Image

Posted Image

GavinEvitt
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

TECHMAN
Unregistered

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

HHHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMM.........................

This looks "sorta like" the car in the "other post"!!!!!!!!!!!!! rr21 rr21

AGAIN.....GREAT JOB MY FRIEND !!!!!!!!!!! fbr fbr :))) :)))

DJ
Quote Post Goto Top

71 Charger 500
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Guys, you are not gonna believe what I stumbled upon over the weekend. While driving down the road going to the lake that I have a camper set up at the campground, I passed a pole building with the doors open. I glanced over and saw the front of what I thought was a first generation Barracuda. I used to have a '66 so I went up to the next crossroad and turned around and went back. The guy just happened to be out in his yard and I asked if I could look at his old car in the barn. He said yes. I went back to the car, got my camera and took a bunch of pics just to have as a reference.

When I was finished talking to him, I found out that he was 31 years old, had helped a friend out a few years before who needed some money and had bought the car from him. The current owners wife died two years ago and he is living on his own trying to raise his two little girls. He offered the car to me at a terriffic price but with my wife not working, I just don't have the cash right now.

What I ended up doing is offering to list the car on Ebay for him for just the listing fees. I do listings for people quite often and usually get 10% of the selling price as my fee. I told him I would waive that for him to try and get some cash for him and his girls. He has to be going through a tough time. He was very caring to his girls while I was there and I was quite touched.

Here is a link to my photobucket folder of the car. Check it out guys, its a cool old car. http://s28.photobucket.com/albums/c215/mop...;cpZZ1QQtppZZ16

Here is my Ebay link if you care to watch it. I hope he gets a couple grand for this thing at least. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQcmdZVi...KQ3aMESELXQ3aIT I just listed this thing last night at about 9:00 or so and it has six watchers already so I have my fingers crossed.

Posted Image
"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." John Wayne

"You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything." Aaron Tippin

Buy AMERICAN, the job you save could be your own!

That Ricer that you just bought - sold- assembled...just cost my wife her job at GM.........Thanks.

Man, that Ricer of yours is fast, you were really movin' when I passed you in my Dodge!

TECHMAN
Unregistered

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HECK OF AN OLD "WAR-HORSE" THERE MO !!!!!!!! (Musta had a BIG HAMMER in that thing, with the A/G tags on the roofline..........) jsm jsm

HOPE Y'ALL THE BEST on finding it a "new home" !!!!!!!!! :))) :)))

DJ
Quote Post Goto Top

ricky12
Unregistered

cool looking car
Quote Post Goto Top

ronr
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
B) :))) :))) :)))
RON ROYSTON
"FLAT HEADS & INLINERS FOREVER""
http://photobucket.com/albums/b68/RonR1025/
http://www.earlyyearsresin.com/
"POP`s"

26speedster
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey Gav, Great build, love these builds with history behind them & Great to see someone is building for the cbp as well . Paul.. fbr
"JALOPY HEAVEN"
FLATHEADS & INLINERS FOREVER.

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
B) :))) :)))
Kevin

« Previous Topic · 1:1 Pictures · Next Topic »
Add Reply