Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Down to the problem areas
Topic Started: May 3 2011, 03:47 PM (515 Views)
old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
... we're getting the Thames down to fixing all the problem areas ....... we found out that the right door jam in the body is not as deep as the left ....... therefore the right door wouldn't close properly once the interior door panel was installed ...... that required the hinges to be reworked to allow the door to move out .......... the right sliding door glass had to be realigned to slide easier ........ we had to modify the shifter cable mounting bracket on the transmission to allow the shifter to firmly seat in park (there is so little room there) ........ the transmission started leaking badly, so I had to install a thicker rubber pan gasket to stop that nonsense ......... we had to modify the drop-down license plate holder to attach to the battery box under the rear, then run the power wires and light wires for the lighted license plate bolts .......... Josh is re-fabricating the header panel that goes over the windshield in the interior, he didn't like the first one he did ......... interior screws had to be set in the front of the side panels, as they were too heavy for the velcro to hold and kept coming loose ........... waiting on parts to finish the brake system including a pressure switch which will have to be installed in the rear line for the brake lights ......... we're going to shorten the velocity stacks another 1/8" to insure clearance when the hood is being closed, it's just too close right now and occasionally scrapes the hood .......... still have to install the wheelie bars ................ etc., etc.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

ronr
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
EXCELLENT :))) :))) :)))
RON ROYSTON
"FLAT HEADS & INLINERS FOREVER""
http://photobucket.com/albums/b68/RonR1025/
http://www.earlyyearsresin.com/
"POP`s"

TECHMAN
Unregistered

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well.........you are DEFINATELY GETTIN' THERE !!!!!!!!! LOOKS AWESOME !!!!!!!!!

fbr fbr :))) :)))

DJ

ps-----these problems must seem like a "drop in the bucket" compared to the ones that you've already overcome, tho............
Quote Post Goto Top

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
B) :))) :)))
Kevin

fireguy14
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Looks great OC!
Dave Sullivan
my album
There is no replacement for displacement!!

Hot Rod Tom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:( :o That is just TOOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOL !!! TU>
Hot Rod Tom
"When I was a little boy, I could only ride my bike up and down the street. When I got older, I got to go around the block!!!" Always did it counter clockwise!
http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/HotRodTom99/[/URL]

charlie d.
[ *  *  * ]
I would like to see under the hood please pictures of the motor and drivetrain

old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
charlie d.,May 5 2011
10:40 AM

... the engine is a '66 327 cubic inch Chevrolet with a turbo-hydro 350 transmission :)))

Posted Image

I'll try to get some updated pics of the engine r2d2

Madd Mike
Member Avatar
Madd Mike
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
old coyote,May 6 2011
07:16 PM
charlie d.,May 5 2011
10:40 AM

... the engine is a '66 327 cubic inch Chevrolet with a turbo-hydro 350 transmission :)))

Posted Image

I'll try to get some updated pics of the engine r2d2

Have you had this on a dyno yet ??? fbr fbr Amazen what can be done in less than a year, Compaired with the other shop !!! fbr :)))
Posted Image
MADD MOTOR SPORTS/HEAVY CHEVY INC.
Puttin the past on laughting gas
Posted Image

« Previous Topic · 1:1 Pictures · Next Topic »
Add Reply