Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Functionality need not be pretty ........
Topic Started: Nov 11 2010, 04:32 PM (774 Views)
old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
"High & Mighty" ........... the Ramcharger's first car ........

Posted Image

:P :P
I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

TECHMAN
Unregistered

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I ALWAYS thought that car was "DOG UGLY", but, still REAL COOL !!!!!!!! If you start "looking the car over" you'll see that this group's "thought pattern" was "thinking outside the box" LONG BEFORE there was even a "box" to "think outside of"....................

SUPER HIGH STANCE: That provided "weight transfer" when others that they competed against, didn't ALL "understand" the IMPORTANCE of getting the "weight to the back tires"..............

INTAKE: That was a F-O-R-E-R-U-N-N-E-R of the "Tunnel-ram" intakes, LONG BEFORE anyone had even "thought" about the "effects" of "that style of intake".......

EXHAUST: Building exhaust that would keep the "backpressure" where it was EQUAL (as they could do for that time) from cylinder to cylinder..............

FORCED AIR: Into the carb, and the HORSEPOWER GAINS there.............

Yep, "Functionality need not be pretty"............... :))) :)))

TECHMAN
Quote Post Goto Top

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
What did that car start out as ? I know it's a Plymouth but what model? I have seen this before but never any info about the car. I would like to build a car something like this one for my dad. He is a mopar fan :lol:
Kevin

TECHMAN
Unregistered

KEVIN........if you "look up the history" on the car, they started with a 1949 Plymouth coupe, a 354-inch Hemi with 392 heads, then LATER went to the 392-inch bottom end (under the 392 heads).

According to the RAMCHARGER'S Club History, the best the car ran was 11.80's (which for 1960, was PRETTY QUICK!!!!!!!)

That would make ONE COOL MODEL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :))) :)))

DJ
Quote Post Goto Top

old coyote
Member Avatar
Grumpy Old Furbutt
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
It started out as a 1949 Plymouth Business Coupe :)))
I may have to grow old ....... but I refuse to grow up !!!

TECHMAN
Unregistered

The thing that I always "liked best" about the appearance of the RAMCHARGER'S cars, were the "Candy Cane Striped" paint jobs !!!!!!!!!!! And the fact, that they were some of the "BADDEST OF THE BAD", didn't hurt anything either!!!!!!!! :))) :)))

DJ
Quote Post Goto Top

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks for the responses guys :))) Now to find a starting point :unsure:
Kevin

TECHMAN
Unregistered

KEVIN........TRY THIS............

http://resinrealm.net/Star/RRGalleries/RR_All.html

SCROLL DOWN THE RIGHT HAND LIST TO "PLYMOUTH", THEN "CLICK" ON THE WORD "PLYMOUTH" TO BRING UP THE PICTURES........

This would be using the 1950 Business Coupe (which, externally, looked the same) as I've never seen ANY VERSION of the 1949 kit.................

These are sold thru STEVE @ R&R RESINS...........The few that I've gotten, were decent quality, and he keeps a BIG INVENTORY of the stuff that's listed.

It would make ONE WILD LOOKING MODEL, and would be VERY UNIQUE !!!!!!!!! And would probably "endear you" to EVERY MOPAR FAN THAT EVER EXISTED!!!!! :))) :)))

DJ
Quote Post Goto Top

Hot Rod Tom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
TECHMAN,Nov 14 2010
04:45 AM
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

KEVIN........TRY THIS............

http://resinrealm.net/Star/RRGalleries/RR_All.html

SCROLL DOWN THE RIGHT HAND LIST TO "PLYMOUTH", THEN "CLICK" ON THE WORD "PLYMOUTH" TO BRING UP THE PICTURES........

This would be using the 1950 Business Coupe (which, externally, looked the same) as I've never seen ANY VERSION of the 1949 kit.................

These are sold thru STEVE @ R&R RESINS...........The few that I've gotten, were decent quality, and he keeps a BIG INVENTORY of the stuff that's listed.

It would make ONE WILD LOOKING MODEL, and would be VERY UNIQUE !!!!!!!!!  And would probably "endear you" to EVERY MOPAR FAN THAT EVER EXISTED!!!!!  :)))  :)))

DJ

fbr fbr :))) Great find D.J. ! I spent 2 hours searchin' yesterday lookin' for this !!!! ;a; I knew I had seen it somewhere ! I 've had this one in the back of my mind for some time now. What a Mopar Legend ! Street Rodder magazine started a tribute 1:1 build last year ( a good reference ). I'll try looking up the issues, They're buried in my "Library" in one of the stacks !!!
Hot Rod Tom
"When I was a little boy, I could only ride my bike up and down the street. When I got older, I got to go around the block!!!" Always did it counter clockwise!
http://s999.photobucket.com/albums/af118/HotRodTom99/[/URL]

Hot Rod Tom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
BINGO !!! I found them. Here's some shots of what "Street Rodder" Mag is doing as a project build. The original car(in color), their design concept for a street version, what they started with, and where they are. Since then, it's been torn down, dipped and gettin' ready for tubbin' and body work.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I think I need one !!!!! ;a;
PS: There's tons of references on the web on this car's history.
Hot Rod Tom
"When I was a little boy, I could only ride my bike up and down the street. When I got older, I got to go around the block!!!" Always did it counter clockwise!

krwasson
Member Avatar
Big Goof
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks again Guys :))) :))) :)))
Kevin

ronr
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
B) Photos :))) :)))
RON ROYSTON
"FLAT HEADS & INLINERS FOREVER""
http://photobucket.com/albums/b68/RonR1025/
http://www.earlyyearsresin.com/
"POP`s"

Hot Rod Tom
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
:lol: Being a budget/just formed racin' team of students, some how that induction system snuck out the back door of Chrysler engineering. Chrysler was experiment'n with variable legnth induction systems. If those stack tubes look like radiator hose, it's because they are !!!
Hot Rod Tom

TECHMAN
Unregistered

As TOM mentioned about the "Factories SNEAKING the experimental racing stuff OUT THE BACK DOOR", that WAS one of the REALLY COOL THINGS about the "Good Old Days"!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Having been around racing (basically all my life), and ALWAYS having been "one of those that had their hear under the hood", I've "spotted" LOTS of different things thru the years that were on "Racer's cars", asked questions about (which were generally just "shunned off"), only to see that SAME part come out in the Manufacture's Catalog the following year..........

I can "only imagine" WHAT ALL you would have "spotted" on this old car (when it was new) that would have "spiked your interest" !!!!!!!!!!!!! rrr rrr :))) :)))

DJ
Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · 1:1 Pictures · Next Topic »
Add Reply