Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to SCALE RACING LOBBY. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
IMPORTANT NEWS RELEASE FOR SNRA LM 2018; Affill. with Plastic Model Circle Track Race Cars Grp.
Topic Started: Mar 18 2018, 03:54 PM (192 Views)
Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hello all,
I thank all of you who have participated in the SNRA over the last couple of years. It is no secret our numbers are dwindling and participation on the Lobby except in the racing series is at a near standstill. Some of you have still done your best, and it has been noticed and appreciated. I have no means or time to run this forum, but as the promoter, commissioner or whatever I am of the SNRA I have made the decision to liven up the series. To avoid the need to recruit and place drivers in my own older builds, ask others to do so, and increase participation and bring in new entries, the SNRA has begun an affiliation with the Facebook group, Plastic Model Circle Track Race Cars Group.

Most of us have probably visited several of these groups recently and I found this one to be the most, positive, supportive, and fun-loving group I have ever seen on the Facebook. Many Lobby members who were once active on the Lobby are very active and supportive on this group. One of its administrators in fact, is one of our few remaining active participants on the Lobby, Mark Wreckers9 Desjardins Jr. There is never a cross word, and going into groups like this shields you from all the political and other BS that you can be subjected to on Facebook. The PMCTRCG is for circle track race car and truck builders only.

This year, the SNRA 2018 Late Model tour will continue to be reported on the Lobby as well as on the Group. However, if you do not at least join and enter in the Group you will not be entered in the SNRA. You should still enter in the Lobby if you plan on remaining active there, but you must at least enter in the Group. There is not a dedicated entry area on the Group but just designate your posted car is an entry for the SNRA and post the normal information. You do not need photo sharing software for posting on the Group either, you can simply store your pics in your computer and place them into your posts, all prompts are there. I will pick up all the entries on my computer and post a list. Your photos and car info will all be on the Group. Results and story will be the same in both places. There are no changes in the rules and the schedule is the same.

I plan to continue the SNRA into 2019, but it will then be exclusively on the Group and no longer on the Lobby. To continue to base things in the Lobby I think would sound the death knell of the SNRA by that time, there is simply no outreach. On the PMCTRCG there is ongoing activity, new postings each day, and the floodgates open on the weekend. Plus you have a chance to have a car selected as the banner for the group, every day!

So, I thank you for all the fun previously and I hope you check out the Plastic Model Circle Track Racers group, join and continue on in the SNRA's 10th season.

Dave Bayer
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wisdonm
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is good news and bad news. Good that we should increase participation. Bad for those of us that have refused to join facespace, all these years. mm1

Has a checkered past.

Stand on it....brakes only slow yoou down.

Chargincharlie6
chargincharlie6
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I know, Wisdom, and can echo what you just said. However, with 4 or 5 builders trying to fill at least a 15 car field is really not worth it anywhere. I can't afford appearance money! rr21 It already looks like 10 guys are on board there, one guy nearly has a car finished for it in 2 days and its not bad!!!
I can say this, Facebook is what you make it. I seldom, if ever, go on the news feed. I have my own page that is free from all the politics, PC BS and the like, I have a delete button, and groups like this one are isolated from the rest of facebook if you join. This one is only for builders of circle track cars and trucks associated with them, otherwise you would be kicked out. However, everything is only the most positive, and most of the old core members of the Lobby are already there.
Sorry, but Lobby has gone beyond me, and is no different than the group other than being able to organize things topically. In many ways the group is easier to use. You may wait wait 33 minutes for a post, not 3 weeks or more.
I'm sorry, but it had to be done. Saturday night is still where its at, it can't go away yet.
Your pal,
Dave
AMB RACING Oshkosh, Wi.
You can do it, because you can!

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
...It's too bad that posting on farcebook has taken a priority over posting anything here. I for one am not going to join farcebook just because everyone lost their loyalty to this site....and don't tell me they haven't or they would be here still posting. I imagine I might get someone riled up with this post from the farcebook bunch to post a reply, its just too bad they cant find the time to post on anything else.
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

Lefturns75
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, I been waiting for this. I don't know if anyone pays for this site but they might should shut it down and save some coins if they do. I guess this means I am done. I liked it here but I guess I will do as I have many times in my life and pick up my toys and find another sand box to enjoy. Sorry, but it won't be Farcebook. Wisdom, thanks for trying, I tried to help but I guess it was too little too late.
Ordinarily I am insane, but I do have lucid moments where I am merely stupid.
I never TRY to hit another car. But when I do I make sure its a Prius.

Another Rick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Just as the others have said, I am not on facebook, nor do I plan to join. I try to get something together for the SNRA, even if it is sometimes an older build if it fits within the rules. That being said, I belong to a couple of other forums which are in the same position, most of the members are posting facebook. What I can't understand is if a person can post on facebook what is the difference from posting here also?
I build models because GOD allows me to and because I can't afford the real thing!!

Brian Conn
Member Avatar
2 Corinthians 5:17
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Chargincharlie6
Mar 18 2018, 03:54 PM

if you do not at least join and enter in the Group you will not be entered in the SNRA. You should still enter in the Lobby if you plan on remaining active there, but you must at least enter in the Group.
Dave Bayer
....I am sick and tired of the b.s that is going on with screwing over someone who doesn't want to join farce book and everything else...and you wonder where the DANG base went to......
Get my car out of drag races as well at that is a complete predictable joke as well....it wasn't what I expected.
you guys screwed the pooch on this one
ON THE WORK BENCH....
Starsky & Hutch Ford Gran Torino (Season 2)
Posted ImageHosted on Fotki
FOR THE 2018 RACING SEASON
1978 Mustang II Hatchback dirt Late Model

dirttrackdave
dirttrackdave
[ *  *  * ]
Very sad news, been trying to get on there for year and a half. Classmate .com now there,but it won't take my e-mail address(have had 20yrs) they want too
much info to join and now with gov. investigations and all the problems for selling or giving away info. may sit on side and see.
Wed. will be talking to doctor for more eye surg.(wow) So builds and future vision quality in limbo.got late mods done too late for season.
Hope all works and same and more great friends and modelers join.

« Previous Topic · SATURDAY NIGHT RACING ASSOCIATION · Next Topic »
Add Reply