Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The SSA. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Try again Bel; Adventure 2
Topic Started: Feb 15 2010, 04:15 PM (639 Views)
Belschaft
Member Avatar
And Moley's still top poster
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'd like to take the crucifix and the steel blade.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moleland
Member Avatar
Slayer of the lame Glitter Elves
(Mumbles to self)

You have a choice of two exits. Left or Right?
The Benevolent Demi-Rule of Moleland demands gifts to remain benevolent! Bring them to me now!

Trophies

Belschaft
Member Avatar
Why so mumble?

Right.

Moleland
Member Avatar
You walk straight into a long, narrow corridor. As you make your way along it, you see a faint light in the distance, quickly getting bigger and bigger, until it can be seen in its full haunting splendour. It is a ghost - and no ordinary ghost. This apparition was once a knight like yourself, a knight who came before you in the dungeon and failed. Its spectral remains still haunt the corridors of the dungeon, and you will need something to get past it.
The Benevolent Demi-Rule of Moleland demands gifts to remain benevolent! Bring them to me now!

Trophies

Belschaft
Member Avatar
*holds up crucifix*

Moleland
Member Avatar
You thrust the cross into what passes for the ghost's face. Seeing the holy rood, it looks at you in horror. You reach out and touch it with the crucifix. Instantly, there is a hissing sound, as the ghost evaporates into nothing. Unfortunately, it takes the crucifix with it, but still, you managed to get past the ghost. You sigh, and pass through the exit.

--------------------

You come to a small dingy hovel. In the centre is a large cauldron, bubbling ferociously. One side of the room is filled with shelves, on which are laid all sorts of strange substances - most of which you have never seen before.
An old crone is cackling to herself as she takes a jar of something from one of the shelves, and tips it into her cauldron. Moving back to the rows of shelves, she sees you. "What do you want?" she demands, in a rough voice.
Nervous, you begin to explain your presence. As soon as she hears the word "quest", the old witch stops you. "Not another one!" she shrieks, waving her arms up in the air. "Doesn't Treguard know that I'm sick and tired of interruptions?"
You decide not to comment, in case you say the wrong thing and she turns you into a toad. Instead, you politely ask if you can pass through.
"Well, you can pass through, and the sooner the better!" Mildread snaps. "But you're not going to last long in this dungeon by keeping pig-ignorant!"
"Have you got any information?" you ask, hopefully.
"Yes, but I don't have time teaching idiots like you how to get across causeways, or floors that aren't there!" the witch replies. "I've lost some ingredients for me spell!"
You hastily check your possessions, crossing your fingers that the right item will earn you the information you need.

Unfortunately, you took neither the batwings or the herb jar (As you were told to by Igneous!) and must leave by the only exit

---------------------------

After walking along another long narrow tunnel, you find yourself in an open chamber, dominated by several rows of hexagonal tiles, on which you see various different numbers. This is the great level one causeway, and one foot wrong here could mean the end of your quest. If you don't have the code, you will have to guess.

The level one causeway spans out before you, five rows of tiles, all inscribed with numbers. In its entirety, the tiles are as follows:

Posted Image

You cast your gaze down to the first row of the causeway, and the two tiles that present themselves. One of them is inscribed with a number one, the other with a five. But which do you think represents the correct path?

Trophies

Belschaft
Member Avatar

Moleland
Member Avatar
That isn't an option

Trophies

Belschaft
Member Avatar
Seven.

Moleland
Member Avatar
Again, not an option

Trophies

Belschaft
Member Avatar
Five <_<

Moleland
Member Avatar
You take a deep breath and step onto the tile. Instantly it gives way under your feet. Panicking, you try to grab hold of the other tile in the hopes of climbing to safety. Your arms smash down onto the tile inscribed with the number one, the jarring impact going through your body like a small earthquake. Your Life Force Status is Amber. If you are still alive, you climb up onto the correct tile, and survey the second row - this time there are three tiles, but only two of them are within reach of your position. Which will it be?

Trophies

Belschaft
Member Avatar
Seven.

Moleland
Member Avatar
NOT AN OPTION!

3 or 4

Trophies

Belschaft
Member Avatar
Three <_<

Moleland
Member Avatar
The tile plummets under your weight, and you with it. As you realise your predicament, you stretch your arms out, hoping to secure purchase on another tile, hopefully one that is part of the correct sequence. [You lucky devil!]You manage to land one arm firmly on the tile adjacent to the one you just stepped on, and the impact jars every bone in your body. YOUR LIFEFORCE STATUS IS RED. With every bit of strength you can muster, you clamber up onto the tile, which supports your weight, trying to ignore the sound of the adjacent tiles falling away. Calming yourself down, you look at the next row. There are four tiles along this third row, but again, only two of them are within reach. You cannot afford to make another error. Will you go for tile 7 or 8?

Trophies

Belschaft
Member Avatar
Can I eat my two apples?

Moleland
Member Avatar
Not at this time

Trophies

Belschaft
Member Avatar
I disagree.

Moleland
Member Avatar
The puzzle will kill you if you delay

Trophies

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplay and Games Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply