Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The SSA. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Quest 2b; Try again
Topic Started: Feb 17 2010, 02:29 PM (844 Views)
Moleland
Member Avatar
Slayer of the lame Glitter Elves
Ok, a little bit of house keeping. Here are the rules

1. You may choose to carry up to Five items. However, each item you carry will reduce your AGILITY and make you slower and less able to dodge attacks so be sure you need an item

2. Cheats and fools will never prosper in Knightmare dungeon

3. Aggression breeds aggression. Never attack anything unless it appears to be attacking you or threatening to do so. In a likeminded vein, never start a fight when your wits could serve you better

4. Every problem has a solution.

5. Anything in Bold indicates an option available to you, although this may be vague.

6. Remain true to the Code of Chivalry: be courageous, dutiful and just, protect the weak, and show honour even in adversity.

7. You may only go forwards - There is no going back

8. Your health is measured in LIFE FORCE. When fully healthy, it is Green, then it goes Amber, and finally Red. Any further lose will result in death. Life force can be restored using food, spells or by other means

9. Food does not have to be consumed upon picking up. You may carry it around and consume it later. However, you may only consume it at certain moments and it will only restore one life force grade

10. Beware the weapons of your enemies - as you may not wield them

11. In clue rooms, you may take any food and two other items

--------------------------

"Enter stranger!"

You enter the antechamber. "Ah? You have come to challenge my castle? Hmmm... You don't look much like a Knight, but I suppose you have as much chance as anyone of succeeding. Take the Helm of Justice!"

You take the Helmet of Justice as Treguard hands it to you. Placing it over your head, you experience a slight surprise as you find that your vision is not obscured as you had expected. "Justice may be blind," Treguard admits, "but there is no reason you should be. Now good luck, young adventurer!"

With that, he gestures towards the portal ahead of you. Nodding your head, you walk straight towards it, and are instantly transported into the dungeon. Straight away you are presented with a choice of two doors in the opposite wall. The wall above the left-hand door is marked with an exclamation mark, while the right-hand exit has inscribed above it a question mark.
The Benevolent Demi-Rule of Moleland demands gifts to remain benevolent! Bring them to me now!

Trophies
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Gillfish
Member Avatar
Zaro's rank
right.
"I beat up an admin trophy"
!!stating the obvious about the obvious sticker!!
"dynamite trophy for inventiveness"
"Most Amusing Typo of the Week" edited to read "Absolutely Most Amusing Typo Ever"
"Tastiest Member of the SSA" sign
"Bel is (not) my God" badge
"The Pun that Made Bel Cry" medal
"These go to 11!" Trophy
"Victory Medal of Victoriousness"
"Good memory" award
'I complete Sentences amusingly' badge
'golden yeti award'

Moleland
Member Avatar
You have not gone far before you come to a small bare study. A young woman is sat at a desk, looking very upset. Hearing you enter, she lifts her head, and you recognise her as Sidriss, daughter of the great wizard Hordriss the Confuser. She is studying a piece of paper, and eating an apple from a nearby basket of fruit.

"Hello there," she says. "I don't suppose you can help me? I wouldn't ask normally, but father's set me a stinker of a task as a riddle for getting a spell wrong. He's not going to teach me any more magic unless I can solve this riddle. Are you any good with this sort of thing?"
The Benevolent Demi-Rule of Moleland demands gifts to remain benevolent! Bring them to me now!

Trophies

Gillfish
Member Avatar
Zaro's rank
Sure
"Most Amusing Typo of the Week" edited to read "Absolutely Most Amusing Typo Ever"
"These go to 11!" Trophy
"Good memory" award
'golden yeti award'

Moleland
Member Avatar
She sets you the riddle

"A ship is in harbour, with its rope-ladder dangling into the water. The rungs on the ladder are all one foot apart, and there are two rungs submerged now. If the tide is rising at a rate of two feet per hour, how many rungs will be submerged after four hours?"

Trophies

Gillfish
Member Avatar
Zaro's rank
Two rungs.
"These go to 11!" Trophy
"Good memory" award
'golden yeti award'

Moleland
Member Avatar
"Just two," you tell her. "The ship's afloat, isn't it, so it's rising with the tide."
Sidriss' expression turns into a very grateful smile. "Oh, you clever thing!" she says, "That riddle has tricked me for months! You deserve a reward."
She takes out a couple of apples from the basket and gives them to you. "If you're going through the dungeon, you'll need some sustenance," she says, still smiling. "And I wouldn't go left from here if I were you - there's a scorpion about in that direction."
You gratefully accept the apples - each will restore one lost life force grade when eaten. Make a note of them (and reduce your DEXTERITY by the corresponding amount), and then continue on your way.

------------------------------------

Leaving Sidriss to her own devices, you make your way to the doors. There are two doorways leading out of the study, one on each of the side walls.

You can go Left or Right

Trophies

Gillfish
Member Avatar
Zaro's rank
Go right.

Anyway I'm off for the night so forgive me if I don't post until the morning.

Edit: I will be off for the night in a bit, not right now.
"These go to 11!" Trophy
"Good memory" award
'golden yeti award'

Moleland
Member Avatar
You advance along another short tunnel, emerging into another room, this time with two doors in the far wall.

Left or Right?

Trophies

Gillfish
Member Avatar
Zaro's rank
right
"These go to 11!" Trophy
"Good memory" award
'golden yeti award'

Moleland
Member Avatar
You walk along a dimly lit tunnel, until you emerge into a large room, dominated by a long table in the centre; on it there are various objects, but before you can look at them, the room is shook by a minor earthquake, originating from the far wall. As the quake subsides, you can now discern a face in the wall, and an angry face at that.
"Do not move, intruder!" it calls, "I am Igneous of Legend, and none shall pass from here without first displaying their worthiness. Three truths I seek; three falsehoods and you shall go no further."
You have no choice but to listen to the monster's riddles, and hope you can get them right. "Prepare yourself, dungeoneer," Igneous announces. "Here is my first:
"Red and spewing when I sprang from earth - rock I am now, but what gave me birth?
"

Trophies

Gillfish
Member Avatar
Zaro's rank
Moleland,Feb 18 2010
12:03 AM
You walk along a dimly lit tunnel, until you emerge into a large room, dominated by a long table in the centre; on it there are various objects, but before you can look at them, the room is shook by a minor earthquake, originating from the far wall. As the quake subsides, you can now discern a face in the wall, and an angry face at that.
"Do not move, intruder!" it calls, "I am Igneous of Legend, and none shall pass from here without first displaying their worthiness. Three truths I seek; three falsehoods and you shall go no further."
You have no choice but to listen to the monster's riddles, and hope you can get them right. "Prepare yourself, dungeoneer," Igneous announces. "Here is my first:
"Red and spewing when I sprang from earth - rock I am now, but what gave me birth?
"

A volcano.
"These go to 11!" Trophy
"Good memory" award
'golden yeti award'

Moleland
Member Avatar
"Truth accepted," Igneous says, with as little expression in his voice as it is possible for a permanently irritable rock creature to muster. "Very well, then, see how you handle my second:
"What is it that rolls, but is not round, and tells the score yet speaks no sound?
"

Trophies

Gillfish
Member Avatar
Zaro's rank
A Die/dice (1 die two dice?)
"These go to 11!" Trophy
"Good memory" award
'golden yeti award'

Moleland
Member Avatar
"Truth accepted," Igneous responds.
"All right then, youngster, you seem to know a lot, tell me what's only something when you don't know what?"

Trophies

Gillfish
Member Avatar
Zaro's rank
Moleland,Feb 18 2010
10:28 PM
"All right then, youngster, you seem to know a lot, tell me what's only something when you don't know what?"

Do you mean what it it?
"These go to 11!" Trophy
"Good memory" award
'golden yeti award'

Moleland
Member Avatar
Gillfish,Feb 18 2010
10:29 PM
Moleland,Feb 18 2010

Do you mean what it it?

Igneous sighs. "I can repeat the Riddle once, and only once
All right then, youngster, you seem to know a lot, tell me what's only something when you don't know what?"

Trophies

Gillfish
Member Avatar
Zaro's rank
Moleland,Feb 18 2010
10:31 PM
Gillfish,Feb 18 2010
10:29 PM
Moleland,Feb 18 2010

Do you mean what it it?

Igneous sighs. "I can repeat the Riddle once, and only once
All right then, youngster, you seem to know a lot, tell me what's only something when you don't know what?"

That was OOC, as it looked like you hadn't finished typing it out - "when you don't know what?" didn't seem to make sense.

Anyway, my answer will be "A Riddle"

OOC: If it was "What is is?" it would have been "A mystery"
"These go to 11!" Trophy
"Good memory" award
'golden yeti award'

Moleland
Member Avatar
OOC: I know, but I thought making it IC answered it sufficently

"Truth accepted!" Igneous declares, with what can only pass in his voice for a tone of amazement. "Three is the score; you may know more. Your quest is for the crown, though you may not rule with it. You should know that only the ancient and holy remedies are right. The sinister path can live up to its name; it is certainly a colourful route; the trick is going for the right one, and not being the hunted, but the hunter. You would do well to know that no magic will work against the great causeway. Also, the first step is the song - but it is not the next step."

He then fades away, back into the wall. You look back at the clue table

Looking on top of the table, you see the following objects arranged haphazardly: a horn, a crucifix, a banana, a jar of batwings, a jar of another herb you do not recognise, and two daggers; one with an ordinary steel blade, the other with a shining green blade. You can take two items plus the food.

Trophies

Gillfish
Member Avatar
Zaro's rank
*Takes horn, crucifix and food*
"These go to 11!" Trophy
"Good memory" award
'golden yeti award'

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplay and Games Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply