Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to The SSA. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Knightmare 2; DG's go
Topic Started: Mar 25 2009, 08:50 AM (747 Views)
Demonic Gophers
Member Avatar
Erazor Djinn cannot be stopped!
Well, there don't seem to be any clues about direction in the rules this time.

I guess I'll take the ? door, on the grounds that the wise realize how little they know.
*digs tunnel under thread*
Hail the Rodent Alliance!

*Is currently in the form of a goblin.*

My Trophies Colors!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Moleland
Member Avatar
Slayer of the lame Glitter Elves
You have not gone far before you come to a small bare study. A young woman is sat at a desk, looking very upset. Hearing you enter, she lifts her head, and you recognise her as Sidriss, daughter of the great wizard Hordriss the Confuser. She is studying a piece of paper, and eating an apple from a nearby basket of fruit.

"Hello there," she says. "I don't suppose you can help me? I wouldn't ask normally, but father's set me a stinker of a task as a punishment for getting a spell wrong. He's not going to teach me any more magic unless I can come up with a puzzle that he'll find difficult. Are you any good with this sort of thing?"
The Benevolent Demi-Rule of Moleland demands gifts to remain benevolent! Bring them to me now!

Trophies

Demonic Gophers
Member Avatar
I'd be happy to try and help.

My Trophies Colors!

Moleland
Member Avatar
"Oh? Do you have a good riddle for me then?"
The Benevolent Demi-Rule of Moleland demands gifts to remain benevolent! Bring them to me now!

Trophies

Demonic Gophers
Member Avatar
((So is there a specific solution, or do I just need to come up with any riddle, or what?))

My Trophies Colors!

Moleland
Member Avatar
[It is entirely your choice, but I left it deliberately open for you]

Trophies

Demonic Gophers
Member Avatar
((Hm, everything I come up with, I think - No, that's too easy. Not knowing if there's a right answer makes things tricky. Can I suggest more than one riddle?))

My Trophies Colors!

Moleland
Member Avatar
Demonic Gophers,Apr 4 2009
12:46 AM
((Hm, everything I come up with, I think - No, that's too easy. Not knowing if there's a right answer makes things tricky. Can I suggest more than one riddle?))

You only get one chance

Trophies

Demonic Gophers
Member Avatar
It paints, though it has no brush.
It dances, though it has no feet.
It bites, though it has no teeth.
What is it?

My Trophies Colors!

Moleland
Member Avatar
"I'm afraid you've got me there. What's the answer?"

Trophies

Demonic Gophers
Member Avatar
Fire. For it can paint a stone with smoke and soot, and dance upon a candle wick. And anyone who has gotten too close to a flame knows of fire's bite.

My Trophies Colors!

Moleland
Member Avatar
Sidriss frowned, "Well, that one might fool him. I'll give ago. Let me do you a little favour."

She reaches into her basket, and hands you an apple. Remember, food can be carried through multiple levels and consumed at certain points to restore one life force grade.

With nothing left here of any interest, you head towards the chamber exits. You can go Left or right

Trophies

Demonic Gophers
Member Avatar
I'd try and come up with more suggestions, but my time is limited. Good luck.

*Goes right.*

My Trophies Colors!

Moleland
Member Avatar
You preceed down a dark and narrow corridor. Eventually, you come across two exits. You go left or right

Trophies

Demonic Gophers
Member Avatar

I guess I'll go right again.

My Trophies Colors!

Moleland
Member Avatar
You walk along a dimly lit tunnel, until you emerge into a large room, dominated by a long table in the centre; on it there are various objects, but before you can look at them, the room is shook by a minor earthquake, originating from the far wall. As the quake subsides, you can now discern a face in the wall, and an angry face at that.

"Do not move, intruder!" it calls, "I am Igneous of Legend, and none shall pass from here without first displaying their worthiness. Three truths I seek; three falsehoods and you shall go no further."
You have no choice but to listen to the monster's riddles, and hope you can get them right. "Prepare yourself, dungeoneer," Igneous announces. "Here is my first:
Red and spewing when I sprang from earth - rock I am now, but what gave me birth?
"

Trophies

Demonic Gophers
Member Avatar
Ah! Lava springs from a volcano, of course. :)

My Trophies Colors!

Moleland
Member Avatar
"Truth accepted," Igneous says, with as little expression in his voice as it is possible for a permanently irritable rock creature to muster. "Very well, then, see how you handle my second:
What is it that rolls, but is not round, and tells the score yet speaks no sound?
"

Trophies

Demonic Gophers
Member Avatar

:unsure:

Oh, dice?

My Trophies Colors!

Moleland
Member Avatar
"Truth accepted," Igneous responds.
"All right then, youngster, you seem to know a lot, tell me what's only something when you don't know what?"

Trophies

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Roleplay and Games Lounge · Next Topic »
Add Reply