Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
InvisionFree?
Topic Started: Nov 12 2017, 01:00 PM (257 Views)
Eluvatar
Member Avatar
Rookie
Do you have a plan regarding this?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
Not yet. Thanks for the heads-up.
It is very hard to find properly cited quotes on the internet.
~Abraham Lincoln

Visit Al's FractAl Gallery

I'm in ur detailz likin' ur sinz. :evil:

Fin
Member Avatar
Finie The Goalie
ARE WE FIXING THIS ? :o
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 21-Skwerl Salute for the Dizzy Twirling Hippy Chick!

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
There are problems, Fin. Shay is looking into it. We may need to move to a new board instead.
~Abraham Lincoln

Mount Seymour

Ambassador
I'm not exactly sure where I should post this - this thread seemed the closest, but feel free to move it if it should be somewhere else.

I know it's not my place as an ambassador to comment on your internal affairs, but I feel like there are a couple things that need to be said in regards to this topic:

First - never give up. It's hard when you lose activity, but every region has its ups and downs. My philosophy is to never limit your future self-- you can only regret it. If you shut down your forums or begin to transfer to another region, there's no way out, at least not a natural one.

It's understandable that you regret being unable to produce as many embassy reports and have as active ambassadors as in the past. I was/have been always amazed by the quality and regularity of Canada embassy reports in Forest. But one solution to handle this, and really all of the problems you may be facing with an activity decline, is to think like a smaller region. Canada has had unusually large/numerous embassy reports. Many regions of Canada's size, though, don't even have embassy reports or (like Forest) do them approximately quarterly. It's nice to have ambassadors, but no one is going to complain if you don't have them. The important thing is that the community is happy and doing what it wants to do— not trying to scrape together a coulee people away from the spam games to force them to write a newsletter every month :P

And to this end, I think, it's important to maintain the forum as open no matter what activity level you have. If you seal yourself off from the world, you prevent any return of activity beyond the people you already have. You're Canada, and until your region is an empty wasteland devoid of nations, you're a community with some level of activity. You have a history, and while I don't know it well, I'd predict that at some point the region was less active than it is now.

Finally, on a separate note— switch to Zetaboards, and switch as quickly as you possibly can. I even feel guilty typing on this InvisionFree. :P Forest's forum got auto-switched to Tapatalk before we were able to do anything and we're frustratedly trying to get converted now from Tapatalk back to Zetaboards before they stop doing any conversions at all. We've learned in the meantime that Tapatalk doesn't allow you to post images and requires all posts to be approved by a moderator before showing up.
Posted ImagePosted Image Mount Seymour - Ambassador from Forest

Matilda Love
Member Avatar
^ Daedal Devil ^
Minister
Thanks Mount Seymour, I'll add your thoughts above to the thread as a quote by you.
Feel free to respond again to the ideas/plans we come up with.
For assurances, there is no way we would be deserting the actual region. The region has needed us in times of strife in the past, it is dear to us. Not at all sure how this is going to look, but it will be goodly I'm sure. Perhaps as you suggest, the changes may just be minimal.
Posted Image

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
Erica Jong

Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart go together.
ParrrrTay

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Sir Storm of the Order of the Maple Leaf
Speaker
If I remember rightly, we once made provisions fo switch to Zetaboards. Back when Carb was a potential threat as root admin on this forum, I think. I’m not sure whatever happened to the link but I’m sure the regulars hereabouts were set up as admins.

Thanks for the post, Mount Seymour. Much appreciated!
Speaker of the House of Commons

"Every joke is a tiny revolution." – George Orwell
:tea:

ParrrrTay
Member Avatar
...just a girl in the world.
Minister
Only the Root Admin. has permission to change over to ZetaBoard. I’ve tried.
Code:

Admin CP Message
Sorry, this function is available for the root admin only

This is all we can do:
Code:

Tapatalk Groups
Choices:  
Transfer my board to Tapatalk Groups when ready.
Transfer my board to ZetaBoards when ready.
Please defer my transfer, but I am leaning towards Tapatalk Groups.
Please defer my transfer, but I am leaning towards ZetaBoards.

I picked “Transfer my board to ZetaBoards when ready” so we wait until they are ready to transfer Canada over to ZetaBoards.
The Pubs of Parkplace
Delegate, Canada

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
~P.FLOYD

Sail on my friend...
Holding Shelter
Twirl Hippy Chick twirl

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
Have you tried raising a support request with Zeta explaining that our root is long gone and asking for options?
~Abraham Lincoln

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Speaker
Almonaster,Dec 21 2017
01:13 PM
Have you tried raising a support request with Zeta explaining that our root is long gone and asking for options?

I Think others have tried and failed, if I recall rightly. I could well be wrong.

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
I'm hoping the situation may have changed with this Tapa situation.
~Abraham Lincoln

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Speaker
It’s possible.

Whatever became of the backup forums?

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
They will still be there, albeit well out of date.
~Abraham Lincoln

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Speaker
Out of date and then some..! :unsure:

ParrrrTay
Member Avatar
Minister
I’m searching around, somewhere I read if Root Admin. is MIA ZetaBoard can fix that and appoint a new Root Admin.

http://docs.zetaboards.com/services/transferownership?s[]=root&s[]=admin

Quote:

.Ownership Transfer Policy

In order to facilitate the transfer of board ownership in the case of a currently inactive board owner, the following policy is followed. All transfers are ultimately at the discretion of Zathyus Networks.

The Owner Account must be inactive for 6 months. Inactivity is determined by the last activity timestamp (any visits while logged in update the timestamp).

Ownership transfer requests must be made by an existing moderator or admin account, unless otherwise allowed by Zathyus. If an active admin account is available, the request must be made through the support ticket system. If no account with ACP access is available, the request must be made via the Personal Support Ticket system on the Support Forum.

Upon a request being made, the owner of the root admin will be contacted by email or any other available method. If no response is received within 2 weeks, or a response allowing the transfer is received prior to that deadline, the transfer request will be approved at the discretion of Zathyus Networks. At any point in the 30 days following an ownership transfer, the original owner may request to have the transfer reversed by contacting Zathyus Networks. Zathyus Networks will reverse ownership transfers at their discretion based on the facts of each individual case.

Ownership transfer will be made to:

The account selected by the original owner.
The account selected with agreement of all existing active admins.
The active admin with the earliest registration date.
If no active admin accounts exist, the ownership transfer will be made to a moderator account at the discretion of Zathyus.

zIFBoards Transition Update November 2017

The following section of this documentation applies to zIFBoards only.
During the conversion of all zIFBoards to either Tapatalk groups or ZetaBoards, admin transfers will no longer be processed. For boards that choose to convert to ZetaBoards, the admin transfers can be requested after conversion.

Any admin can choose the conversion path on the Tapatalk Conversion page of their AdminCP. The default conversion for active boards will be to Tapatalk if no option is selected. Conversions are in process now, so do not delay in making your selection.
The Pubs of Parkplace
Delegate, Canada

~P.FLOYD

Sail on my friend...
Holding Shelter
Twirl Hippy Chick twirl

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
That sounds perfect. Get yourself made root, and we can then move to Zeta. :fonz:
~Abraham Lincoln

ParrrrTay
Member Avatar
Minister
At the top of this page, under the log in line:
Quote:

Your board is due for conversion to ZetaBoards at any time now.

If you are root admin. you can click ZetaBoards and it will change right away.

Since I’m not root admin. I can only pick my choice of board conversion (ZetaBoards or Tapatalk) and wait for them to change over Canada’s board. I already picked ZetaBoards in the admin. panel so...
Quote:

During the conversion of all zIFBoards to either Tapatalk groups or ZetaBoards, admin transfers will no longer be processed. For boards that choose to convert to ZetaBoards, the admin transfers can be requested after conversion.

I will submit a ticket for root admin. transfer after the conversion to ZetaBoards is completed.
The Pubs of Parkplace
Delegate, Canada

~P.FLOYD

Sail on my friend...
Holding Shelter
Twirl Hippy Chick twirl

Matilda Love
Member Avatar
^ Daedal Devil ^
Minister
Good plan :fonz:
Posted Image

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
Erica Jong

ParrrrTay

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
I'd suggest going for root straight away. It should give us better control.

EDIT: Mattie - your inbox is full - please clear it down so we can talk to you! :P
~Abraham Lincoln

Matilda Love
Member Avatar
^ Daedal Devil ^
Minister
Fixed :D
Posted Image

Erica Jong

ParrrrTay

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Frequently Asked Questions · Next Topic »
Add Reply