Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
HELLO CANADA!
Topic Started: Mar 16 2017, 10:19 PM (141 Views)
Owen Hesse
Member Avatar
Checking Line Forward
Hey guys! I'm Owen and because of my past positions within nation states I feel I can be a strong addition to Canada. I have sat as Chancellor in the New Galactic Empire for well over a year and in this time we have re written nearly every bill in that region with the exception of the constitution. I have overseen the re writing of the criminal code, new procedures in the senate, creation of new departments and my personal favorite accomplishment a quorum within the empire. In Kvatch as speaker and a member of their legislating branch I was apart of the creation of the constitution, the creation of both their civil and criminal codes as well as their legislative procedures. I have served in executive roles in charge of citizen applications and the organisation and approval process for religions in a region which gives some insight of the daily work of a government as well as been part of the privy council in the New Galactic Empire where as many of you know the top officials in the region get together and discuss the regions interests.

My career in the Kingdom of Great Britain however has been the most fruitful. I have served in every cabinet post, including being Prime Minister. where I was able to push activity and repopulation of the region in a struggling time. I'v sat in their House of Commons for almost two years, elections held every two months and sat as a Lord of parliament among many other jobs here and there.

I'm not here to brag, but as a RL native of Canada the hurt I see watching this region tumble is real. I want to try and change course, try something new and reinvigorate Canada so we might be able to once again call it a power among nation states.

To do this we will need new ideas, new members and an openness to change. I will soon seek to hold office here in Canada, a place to start this ambitious mission of mine and I hope everyone here will welcome it with open arms!
Ambassador from the Kingdom of Great Britain
Citizen of Canada
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matilda Love
Member Avatar

Minister

This comes at a good time as I know that I for one, while still involved and deeply committed to this region, am nonetheless really struggling to keep up with basic NSC requirements because of ongoing activities in rl. For me the inactivity is bitter sweet because some of the rl activities that I took up were encouraged by the beautiful people that continue to populate this region!

I have ideas I'd like to see tried, but lack the energy and time to argue in their favour, nor enact by simply getting on and 'doing' any of it.

So Owen, it will be a joy having your input, looking forward to your thoughts.
The House of Commons might be a good place for you to start :)
Posted Image

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
Erica Jong

Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart go together.
ParrrrTay
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Owen Hesse
Member Avatar
Checking Line Forward
you should shoot me a PM with some of these ideas ;)
Citizen of Canada

ParrrrTay
Member Avatar
...just a girl in the world.
Minister
WTC! :cananim:
If you would like to become involved we could always use ambassadors. The list of vacancies can be located HERE.
The Pubs of Parkplace
Delegate, Canada

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
~P.FLOYD

Sail on my friend...
Holding Shelter
Twirl Hippy Chick twirl

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
Owen Hesse,Mar 17 2017
06:49 PM
you should shoot me a PM with some of these ideas ;)

We've all got ideas, mate. Why don't you punt out a few of yours?
It is very hard to find properly cited quotes on the internet.
~Abraham Lincoln

Visit Al's FractAl Gallery

I'm in ur detailz likin' ur sinz. :evil:

Owen Hesse
Member Avatar
Checking Line Forward
Sure.

Standard elections will be a must. Every region iv had the pleasure of playing in has these times as activity boosts Its when everyone can be at least a little political, share their ideas and truly shape the leadership around them.

A proper constitution. Lets outline EVERYTHING. This isn't a region that seems to want to be raiding, and that's fine but then it needs to be very RP friendly. Iv found a lack of depth in the legislation and the constitution itself is fairly dull. Outline the bodies, What is the HoC? What can they do? How much power do they have to rule themselves? How does the government work and what can they do? All of these things seem fairly jumbled here and its not needed.

Further a Judiciary would be helpful. This is nation states, we play politics and have laws. Sometimes people break those laws or extend their powers to far, someone needs to be able to stop them. Create the checks and balances we have IRL.

These are fairly big plans, and a lot of smaller things can come out of all of them. But the one common factor is fleshing out the region. What is Canada? How does It work and where do I get involved?
Citizen of Canada

Matilda Love
Member Avatar

Minister
Been painting in over 30C sunshine all day, so knackered but will attempt a brief reply.

House of Commons is found here:http://z8.invisionfree.com/NationStates_Ca...php?showforum=6

Our constitution and govt has been drastically cut and simplified because we don't have enough folk to maintain anything too complex. Small, uncomplicated and fast acting if we need to be because we don't have the red tape. If the forum becomes more populated, we become more complex again, as once we were.

For now, these are the positions.
Delegate, Minister of Internal Affairs, Minister of External Affairs and Speaker.
These positions can be challenged at any time.
It's not actually complicated, it's very simple.

As for the constitution, we are aware it needs more work....again energy and time because of Rl gets in the way of active forum folk to really follow through.

So, what we lack is people on the forum. Role Play, as you state, could indeed be a good way to get others involved. We don't have any role plays running because no-one active on the forum has time to run a role play, but could join in. Would you like to run a role play and see if any RMB Canadians can be encouraged to make the leap across into the forum to play? Perhaps they then would like to be involved in other ways, growing the participation in here to a point where we can have a political element once again.

So, in short, the big plans don't happen because the small ones have to happen first, to increase forum participation.
Posted Image

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
Erica Jong

Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart go together.
ParrrrTay
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Owen Hesse
Member Avatar
Checking Line Forward
Absolutely its a balancing act, It always Is no matter how big a region is. Got to spur it a bit otherwise there isn't much of a reason of new guys to stay.

Like I said, there is a lot of work and I have to do a little more catching up on EXACTLY how things role here in order to start
Citizen of Canada

Fin
Member Avatar
Finie The Goalie
KGB Huh....well welcome to Canada, enjoy our moose beer :moose: :beer:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 21-Skwerl Salute for the Dizzy Twirling Hippy Chick!

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Owen Hesse
Member Avatar
Checking Line Forward
Fin,Mar 26 2017
08:49 PM
KGB Huh....well welcome to Canada, enjoy our moose beer :moose: :beer:

Why the "huh...."??
Citizen of Canada

Fin
Member Avatar
Finie The Goalie
Just a huh, I think I was in KGB...so huh....but in my past I've been in many a region....The beer poops righta the moose's butt
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 21-Skwerl Salute for the Dizzy Twirling Hippy Chick!

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Owen Hesse
Member Avatar
Checking Line Forward
Fin,Mar 28 2017
10:08 PM
Just a huh, I think I was in KGB...so huh....but in my past I've been in many a region....The beer poops righta the moose's butt

Honestly I think the King of KGB was here in Canada at some point. He talked about some ministry of beer and doenuts or something
Citizen of Canada

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
The ministry has been absorbed into the Ministry of Internal Affairs, but the beer and doughnuts remain.
It is very hard to find properly cited quotes on the internet.
~Abraham Lincoln

Visit Al's FractAl Gallery

I'm in ur detailz likin' ur sinz. :evil:

Owen Hesse
Member Avatar
Checking Line Forward
At least they live! Seems like a good place to get a job ;)
Citizen of Canada

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Country Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply