Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Long overdue Greetings from a Raven
Topic Started: Apr 26 2016, 10:03 PM (146 Views)
Joshua Ravenclaw
Member Avatar
Hello everyone,

My name is Raven - I'm better known as Lord Ravenclaw, currently Delegate of The North Pacific.

For four years, my nation, "The Imperial Crown" - half of its life - has resided in the Desert Lands of Osiris. Until recent events, which tore the heart from the still beating body that is Osiris' community, and proceeded to shred it into pieces while it tore down the very community and establishment that had been built - with my diplomatic and political credibility two and a half years past, while spouting nonsense about security and necessity.

Clicking the "Tired of Life in Osiris" button was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made for this game, and it is one that I have agonised over for a long time.

You could say, I'm seeking a fresh start, so I can look at my nation and smile over happier memories than the sad ones that cling to it.

I'll give some background, since some may be wary of me (which is rather common these days). I am a well known neutral, with independent leanings and have only been involved with gameplay a handful of times - one raid with the old Osiris military on Nazi's three years ago, three or four defences as part of The Grey Wardens, part of the Coalition which helped liberate tSP in 2013 and more recently I was present at the liberation of Warzone Australia with KoA and TNP forces. In addition, I am the founder of the region known as Kingdom of Alexandria, and have been part of NationStates for eight years, as of about a week ago.

I have fond memories of encountering Almonaster over the years, most recently at the World Fair. I registered on this board sometime ago, with a hope that I could see more to NationStates than the limited environments I had while as a Diplomat in service to Osiris, TSP, TEP and then TNP.

So, yes. Nice to meet you all, and I hope to actually find a chance to learn more about your historic region and its community.

~Raven
Delegate of The North Pacific, Sovereign of the Kingdom of Alexandria
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Matilda Love
Member Avatar
^ Daedal Devil ^
Minister
Hi Raven.

Sounds like you are here with heavy heart, so I won't burden it more with silly, relentless Canadian humour and spam. No promises for further down the track though :evil: :P

....nor what will follow this post ;)

Truly, I hope you find good respite here, when you just want some fun down time with good friends, science time, art time, or interesting article time. we have something of each.
You are welcome in Canada :cananim:
Posted Image

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
Erica Jong

Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart go together.
ParrrrTay

Joshua Ravenclaw
Member Avatar
Thank you so much :)

Some of my closest friends in NationStates are Canadian (Diamete and Feirmont), I actually have a fairly large Commonwealth membership in Alexandria's cabinet, which is nice since they are just a joy to be around.

Above all else, I'm happy to just be somewhere new where I can explore and discover the history of this fantastic community. This forum was on the list of NS places I should visit given to me by McMasterdonia last year since even he said I needed to go out and explore more places (he was surprised that I was already registered here at the time though!)
Delegate of The North Pacific, Sovereign of the Kingdom of Alexandria

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
Good to see you here.
It is very hard to find properly cited quotes on the internet.
~Abraham Lincoln

Visit Al's FractAl Gallery

I'm in ur detailz likin' ur sinz. :evil:

ParrrrTay
Member Avatar
...just a girl in the world.
Minister
WTC!

It would not be a proper Canadian welcome without offering you a moose beer.
:moose: :beer:

The Pubs of Parkplace
Delegate, Canada

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
~P.FLOYD

Sail on my friend...
Holding Shelter
Twirl Hippy Chick twirl

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Sir Storm of the Order of the Maple Leaf
Speaker
Moose Gland – The Taste of Canada, eh!

Welcome to Canada! :cananim:
Speaker of the House of Commons

"Every joke is a tiny revolution." – George Orwell
:tea:

Grand_Prince_Geoff_I
ParrrrTay,Apr 27 2016
05:53 PM
WTC!

It would not be a proper Canadian welcome without offering you a moose beer.
:moose: :beer:

Should add a mass of poutine on top of that, perhaps a beaver tail?

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Country Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply