Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WW5: The Good Old Hockey Game; Is the best game you can name...
Topic Started: Jun 9 2015, 09:08 PM (1,088 Views)
Auq
Member Avatar
Touché
Backstory fluff
October 20th, 4 days before current events, New Trevionze, Auq
A shady figure shuffles to another, equally shady, figure beneath the domineering walls of the arena. Another emerges from the previously unseen doorway to lean against the wall.
"You know what you have to do?", he inquires
"How could we not, it is the sole purpose you sent us here for, the sooner we are finished with these icicles the sooner we can get back to playing hockey where it was meant to be played, under the tropical sun of the Ten Thousand Islands."
"Good, if either of you is caught in the investigation this stirs up you wont be coming back. I expect one them to be off the ice each game. We are done here"
All of the figures break off, two heading towards the hotel district and one to hail a cab

October 23rd, yesterday, New Trevionze, Auq

What a game we have coming up for you folks today! This will be a first in so many different ways for these traditional rivals. It is of course the first time they will play against each other in this 2015-2016 season, it will be the inaugural game and tournament of the Esseldee Memorial Arena and we have an astounding prize pool set for you at home and in the stands. 15 Million dollars, you heard me right. The Canadian Moose Squad will be facing off against their longtime tropical rivals, The Ten Thousand Tacos in the NSHL Auqian Invitational for 15 million dollars in prize money.

During the first game, played on the 23rd
The second minute of overtime, current score is 2-2

And then out of no where comes Matilda, flying out the Canadian zone with the puck in front of her and not a single XKI player in front of her, save for their goalie! Everyone is trying to catch up to Matilda, very much the rising star of the Canadian National team, but she's just too fast! A loan player has broken from the pack, Hes got an XKI jersey on! this could be disastrous for Canada if Matilda loses the puck here. Hes right on top of her, she wont make it! She winds back and makes a wild shot, she might as well be at the center line for this distance, It goes in! The XKI goalie has no idea what just happened, who could have expected this kind of risk taking!

Matilda peels of to the side, preparing to accept the resounding applause of her teammates and fans, but the pack behind her turns too, it seems as though players don't know what has happened in front of them. There is confusion, people are falling, Matilda tries to dodge the human cannonball barreling towards her but there is no time, it smashes into her with a resounding thud, that doesn't look good.

Excerpt from The Trevionze Inquirer article run this morning, October 24th
It would appear that the injuries sustained by team Canada's star player and captain, Matilda Love, are not life threatening, but to her, something even worse. "My back is broken in multiple places, I'll be lucky if I skate again, let alone play", says Love. For this young star, hockey is over.

In the Canadian locker room
"This wasn't an accident!", screams the Coach, gesturing wildly with hands, practically foaming at the mouth. "Someone in this room crippled our only hope, and I will find them!"

Here is what we'll do;
Everyday, before each game you guys are going to vote. The winner of the vote gets kicked from the team. There are some fancy workers rights laws that don't let me find out if a player has lived or visited those tropical sand bars they call islands while they work for, but we drop a player a day ill find anyone who's been there right fast!

The actual Game info

So, hockey theme, cool eh? Each day phase will last two days, starting at 12am EST tomorrow, during the day phase all players will vote on who to kick from the team (lynch)
format the vote and change vote as per usual.
Vote: Almonaster
submit a new post stating the change if you wish to change votes.
Change vote: Almonaster
Each game (night phase) will last 24 hours from the end of the last day phase.

In the night phase;
-the XKI undercover players (wolves) will choose to beat down a player on the ice.
-The coaches assistant (Seer) will observe the play of a single player and determine their role (pm me a name)
-The defensmen (defenders) have a chance to hover around a player on the ice, protecting them from harm
-everyone else does nothing

Rules
-No pming unless it is between the wolves or people that have been scanned and introduced to each other by the seer.
-Dont post the pm stating your role
-No dead player influence
-The GMs word is law
-Just because they are called XKI undercover players doesn't mean all of the wolves will be XKI members

Role call
Two XKI undercover players (wolves)
one Coaches assistant (seer)
one defensemen (defenders)
5 player (villagers)

Aternox #32, Forward
The Land #90, Wingmen
Stormaen #23, Center
The Butler #98, Forward
Klop #67, Wingmen
DPL #09, Goalie
Al #88, Defensmen
Hahiha #41, Reserve Goalie
Wop #83, Forward
Aerso #39, Defesmen )

Pms are sent, may the odds be ever in you favour.

edit:removed the edit
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -Winston Churchill on success

Rudolph the abstract reindeer. -Lardon on Mattie's avatar
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

aternox
Member Avatar
Rookie
I like the theme Auq, good luck everyone! :)

disposablepuppetland
Member Avatar
Hall of Famer
As usual I'll be voting to kick those who remain silent.
[align=center]This is what DPL is about - Also known as The Justified Ancients of West-Side - Furthermore known as the Jam
Cartographer of Canada
[/align]

wopruthien
Member Avatar

Ambassador
Attacking forward woo. Never played hockey before.

Barrarabian Butlers
Member Avatar
Barry from 10000 Islands
*sends Mattie a "Get Well Soon" card*

Yay! I'm a forward with #98. That's gotta be the highest hockey jersey number ever. :lol:

The game theme is really cool, Auq. Should be fun. Good Luck everyone.

Posted Image - Posted Image
Posted Image

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Let's get them as got Mat. Hard!
Posted Image
It is more moral for an idea to kill society than for society to kill an idea. ~ Pirsig.

Visit Al's FractAl Gallery

I'm in ur detailz likin' ur sinz. :evil: In cervisia fide

Aersoldorf
Member Avatar
Waiting for the night to fall
Ambassador
Put me in coach, I'm ready to play
Spamming the Canadian provinces since December 2013

Klopstock
Member Avatar
Team Captain
Posted Image

Hahiha
Member Avatar
Enforcer
Wolves, I want to play and I am a better Taco Islanders. So I ask you to beat up DPL so I can play, I'll pay with Aerso's tacos.
10000 Islands Citizen
81st Knight of TITO

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Sir Storm of the Order of the Maple Leaf
Speaker
Almonaster,Jun 10 2015
12:11 PM
Let's get them as got Mat. Hard!
Posted Image

Right! :angry: *Dons helmet and growls!* :angry:

Cool theme, btw, Auq! :fonz:
"Every joke is a tiny revolution." – George Orwell
:tea:

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
OK, for being late to practice, I vote: kick The Land.

[ooc]Auq, can you please post timing details for the phases?[/ooc]
It is more moral for an idea to kill society than for society to kill an idea. ~ Pirsig.

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Speaker
Almonaster,Jun 11 2015
03:23 PM
OK, for being late to practice, I vote: kick The Land.

May as well get the ball rolling. Or should that be puck sliding! :P

Vote: The Land

Auq
Member Avatar
Touché
Quote:

So, hockey theme, cool eh? Each day phase will last two days, starting at 12am EST tomorrow, during the day phase all players will vote on who to kick from the team (lynch)

There you go!, I had it hidden amongst the other rules, sorry abou that.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -Winston Churchill on success

Rudolph the abstract reindeer. -Lardon on Mattie's avatar

the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
I was waiting for the official say so. I was going to suggest Al cause his number is a palindrome. So in order to offer up more than just me I will say.

Vote:Lynch Al
You Don't Take Time out of Life for Music, You Take Time out of Music for Life~Unknown

Barrarabian Butlers
Member Avatar
Barry from 10000 Islands
These Canadian hockey games are fast paced and brutal. I've learned you've got to take someone out the first day here, and that you never, ever serve tea *glances at Ater Nox* during the game.

I'll closely cover Al at the start of this game. It will tie him up with The Land and has absolutely nothing to do with the fact his lone vote just got me lynched in XKI WW43. :whistle:

Vote: Check AL into the stands.
Posted Image - Posted Image
Posted Image

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Auq,Jun 11 2015
08:20 PM
Quote:

There you go!, I had it hidden amongst the other rules, sorry abou that.

Sorry, I missed that. I find 12am ambiguous, though. Assuming you meant mid-day, we now have a bit over 17 hours left, is that correct?

aternox
Member Avatar
Rookie
Barrarabian Butlers,Jun 12 2015
08:02 AM
These Canadian hockey games are fast paced and brutal. I've learned you've got to take someone out the first day here, and that you never, ever serve tea *glances at Ater Nox* during the game.

Oh, I see how it is Barry, you're not even willing to help the team stay hydrated! That almost sounds like sabotage to me...

Despite, that I will vote:

Vote: Lynch Stormaen

I'd say joining in on the first vote in the first day phase could be an attempt to stay under the radar while helping get a mob started.

Aersoldorf
Member Avatar
Waiting for the night to fall
Ambassador
I refuse to submit to what I consider to be a flawed mob mentality which demands a first day victim. Statistics support the No Lynch strategy on Day 1, and I'm all about the numbers.

Vote: Kick nobody
Spamming the Canadian provinces since December 2013

Klopstock
Member Avatar
Team Captain
Vote: Lynch Al

Hey, he likes first day lynching and we have no one better to hang at this point. :P

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Speaker
aternox,Jun 11 2015
11:10 PM
Barrarabian Butlers,Jun 12 2015
08:02 AM

Oh, I see how it is Barry, you're not even willing to help the team stay hydrated! That almost sounds like sabotage to me...

Despite, that I will vote:

Vote: Lynch Stormaen

I'd say joining in on the first vote in the first day phase could be an attempt to stay under the radar while helping get a mob started.

There's no tea..? :o

I always find it hard to come up with strong enough reasons to vote for anyone on the first day but I do think lynching/kicking someone is the best course. So, if someone else offers up a passable reason then, hey, I go for it. :shrug:

But now you've made me feel bad! :lol: :ph43r:

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Village · Next Topic »
Add Reply