Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Recruiting
Topic Started: Apr 12 2015, 04:35 PM (140 Views)
Risdon McDorman
Member Avatar
First Line Centre
Do we have someone in charge of recruiting? Do we have a recruitment telegram?
What good fortune for governments that the people do not think. -- Adolf Hilter
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ParrrrTay
Member Avatar
...just a girl in the world.
Minister
Department of Immigrations is the area you are looking for. :fonz:
Scroll down and there are some sample TG's to send, pinned at the top are a list of nations recruited. RL took over for me so I haven't sent any in quite some time.
The Pubs of Parkplace
Delegate, Canada

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
~P.FLOYD

Sail on my friend...
Holding Shelter
Twirl Hippy Chick twirl

Matilda Love
Member Avatar

Minister
I keep forgetting to respond here, but this time I remembered!

I took over Recruiting for a bit when our govt was larger, and started to tidy up a few bits 'n bobs.
I really enjoyed this job, then I got interrupted by other matters and did not return.
Ris I am embarrassed by the mess it is in, I hope you were able to make sense of it.

I do hope to return one day to fix the department and recruit again for Canada, should I ever get out of my other NS commitments :lol:

Anyway, if there are any further questions about The Department of Immigration from anyone interested in jumping in, but unsure about the way forward, just start a thread with your thoughts or query over there, or do feel free to send me a PM about it.

Posted Image

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
Erica Jong

Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart go together.
ParrrrTay
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Risdon McDorman
Member Avatar
First Line Centre
I would be happy to help recruit, but honestly, I have greater concerns now about this region other than recruiting.

I like this group of people here and am very comfortable here, but the main problem I see is that the only activity that I see here is spam. Now don't get me wrong. I love spam just as much as the next guy. I love seeing my name up near the top of the top poster for the day. But, if this region is to move forward, we need to be providing some kind of substance.
Perhaps there used to be, but right now, I don't really see any kind of government simulation going on here. I would really love to be an integral part of reviving that, but I'm not really sure where to start.

So I welcome any insight from you all, and maybe some historical perspective on how we've gotten to this place and how we can move forward. Please understand that this is not intended as a criticism of Canada, but more as my interest to see it thrive.
What good fortune for governments that the people do not think. -- Adolf Hilter

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
One easy place to start is to challenge for one of the Ministries.
It is very hard to find properly cited quotes on the internet.
~Abraham Lincoln

Visit Al's FractAl Gallery

I'm in ur detailz likin' ur sinz. :evil:

Matilda Love
Member Avatar

Minister
Most certainly, challenge one of the ministries.
You can see quickly who is what at the top of any Foreign Affairs report - the ministry positions haven't changed in a very long time.
I would be so very pleased if one of us were challenged, our political processes have never yet been challenged/put to the test.

From our constitution:
Quote:

B. Cabinet Ministers and The Speaker of the House shall hold the positions granted by majority Vote of Confidence unless challenged or recalled.

We had to simplify our government as lack of interest in picking up government positions/activity was at such a minimum here. We discussed becoming more of a social club, which we pretty much were already. It was clear that Canada couldn't close - too many close friendships.
Activity has picked up a little since then, but mostly we are still a social club, as you rightly noted Ris.

In addition to this however, the raid on Canada showed it was important that we had some sort of government in place for such a time of crisis. We also saw how much Canada love/life there is on the forums, the RMB and the wider NS game. I like to equate the raid on Canada being a bit like the awakening of the Ents in Lord of the Rings. ;)

So there it is.
NS Canadians remain mostly interested in political game play here as a sideline activity. Citizens like to participate in discussion, but there is precious little interest in picking up office.
Or picking up office and really doing something with it....I am a prime example of this :blush:

I am quite confident people like yourself Ris might appear on our forums, that have a more political interest in the game play, I am sorry you weren't here at the same time as Eggplants or Hudson Bay's brief return.
If this doesn't happen, I am guessing, as you say, Canada will quietly and slowly say it's final farewell, but I believe this is still a long long time away.

I suggest this discussion, if it is to continue, should be moved to the HoC.
Heads up, I will do so if this is what happens here.

Posted Image

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
Erica Jong

Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart go together.
ParrrrTay
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Frequently Asked Questions · Next Topic »
Add Reply