Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WW5 - sign-up
Topic Started: Feb 23 2015, 04:46 PM (692 Views)
Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
This will be an experimental variant. It may be difficult to balance. Hopefully still interesting.

10 so far...
Klop
DPL
Aerso
Wop
Auq
Ater
Barry
The Land
Stormaen
Hahiha
It is more moral for an idea to kill society than for society to kill an idea. ~ Pirsig.

Visit Al's FractAl Gallery

I'm in ur detailz likin' ur sinz. :evil: In cervisia fide
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Klopstock
Member Avatar
Team Captain
Al is going to experiment on us. This should be fun at least, I'm in.

My activity and involvement may not match that of previous games -- I've got a lot on my plate now back in 10000 Islands. But I'll still play and should still be able to participate adequately. Anyways I thought I'd say it now before the game begins so Aersoldorf, Wop, Ater, and others don't lynch me for being "suspiciously quiet" or anything.

disposablepuppetland
Member Avatar
Hall of Famer
Lynch Klop

Count me in.
[align=center]This is what DPL is about - Also known as The Justified Ancients of West-Side - Furthermore known as the Jam
Cartographer of Canada
[/align]

wopruthien
Member Avatar

Ambassador
Lynch Klop.

Sign me up so I can do that for real.

Aersoldorf
Member Avatar
Waiting for the night to fall
Ambassador
Count me in
Spamming the Canadian provinces since December 2013

Klopstock
Member Avatar
Team Captain
disposablepuppetland,Feb 23 2015
02:31 PM
Lynch Klop

Count me in.

I should have lynched you when I had the chance! :garpa:

:P

the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
I'm in.
You Don't Take Time out of Life for Music, You Take Time out of Music for Life~Unknown

Auq
Member Avatar
Touché
Count me in, just not as a physical guinea pig. I would be even more vulnerable to snakes...
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -Winston Churchill on success

Rudolph the abstract reindeer. -Lardon on Mattie's avatar

aternox
Member Avatar
Rookie
I'm in.

Barrarabian Butlers
Member Avatar
Barry from 10000 Islands
I'd like in. Just don't hold those snakes, tainted food, etc., from last game against me....It was all Klop's doing. I think he had all the grave robbers' power roles pretty much nailed by the end of Day 2. :clap:
Posted Image - Posted Image
Posted Image

the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
Barrarabian Butlers,Feb 24 2015
04:27 AM
I'd like in. Just don't hold those snakes, tainted food, etc., from last game against me....It was all Klop's doing. I think he had all the grave robbers' power roles pretty much nailed by the end of Day 2. :clap:

well, we figured out who had a power role by the end of day two...we just mistook who had what. I think if we hadn't failed in our attack of dpl, things would have gone very differently
You Don't Take Time out of Life for Music, You Take Time out of Music for Life~Unknown

Klopstock
Member Avatar
Team Captain
03:27 AM
I'd like in. Just don't hold those snakes, tainted food, etc., from last game against me....It was all Klop's doing.

Don't blame me for the snakes, bottomless pits, and tainted vegemite! That was all :butler:

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Sir Storm of the Order of the Maple Leaf
Speaker
You know I'm in! :fonz:
"Every joke is a tiny revolution." – George Orwell
:tea:

disposablepuppetland
Member Avatar
Hall of Famer
the land,Feb 24 2015
04:20 PM
04:27 AM
I'd like in. Just don't hold those snakes, tainted food, etc., from last game against me....It was all Klop's doing. I think he had all the grave robbers' power roles pretty much nailed by the end of Day 2.  :clap:

well, we figured out who had a power role by the end of day two...we just mistook who had what. I think if we hadn't failed in our attack of dpl, things would have gone very differently

But I had also found both defenders by that stage, so I was always going to be defended. You were slightly lucky to get two kills in a row after that.

I'm somewhat surprised if you genuinely guessed Auq on day two. He didn't really give anything away.

I think you gave yourselves away on day three. We had already guessed Klop on day two, but at least one of you should have kept a low profile.

To be honest, I think the defenders have it too easy if they know each other from the start.
[align=center]This is what DPL is about - Also known as The Justified Ancients of West-Side - Furthermore known as the Jam
Cartographer of Canada
[/align]

Klopstock
Member Avatar
Team Captain
disposablepuppetland,Feb 24 2015
03:43 PM
To be honest, I think the defenders have it too easy if they know each other from the start.

I believe Al might make some modifications to the defender roles this game. We discussed it in the "dead thread" over in TKI.

Are the odds of victory supposed to be 50/50 between the village and the wolves? If not, I think they should be. The village has yet to be seriously challenged and I think that's a structural issue with the game mechanics.

the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
Something that's different here, than in games I've played in real life is the seer is allowed to interact with those they have scanned. That gives a distinct advantage to the villagers. It might help balance it a bit.

Aersoldorf
Member Avatar
Ambassador
My two cents:

I agree that DPL and Auq gave away the fact that we were the 3 power roles last game, but at the same time we had pretty much (in my mind at least) found 2 of the 3 of the guardians. I warned Auq to defend himself instead of me on night 4 but he didn't take my advice. We also wasted a scan because I forgot to tell DPL who the other defender was when he scanned me on night 1. He scanned Auq the next night when it wasn't necessary.

I also agree that defenders knowing each other gives the village more of an edge.

I've read about live games where the seer can't contact anyone at night and I think that would make for a very interesting twist.

disposablepuppetland
Member Avatar
Hall of Famer
Aersoldorf,Feb 25 2015
04:35 AM
We also wasted a scan because I forgot to tell DPL who the other defender was when he scanned me on night 1. He scanned Auq the next night when it wasn't necessary.

It was still necessary because by Butler's rules I wasn't allowed to PM anyone I hadn't scanned.
Cartographer of Canada
[/align]

Barrarabian Butlers
Member Avatar
Barry from 10000 Islands
Klopstock,Feb 24 2015
07:22 PM
Are the odds of victory supposed to be 50/50 between the village and the wolves? If not, I think they should be. The village has yet to be seriously challenged and I think that's a structural issue with the game mechanics.

I think the hosts want their games to be balanced and fair, yet still put in a couple twists to keep it fresh.

Over in XKI, we've had 41 WW games. The Candy Lane went through the results there, and Villagers have won 23, the Wolves 17, with 1 tie.
Posted Image - Posted Image
Posted Image

Aersoldorf
Member Avatar
Ambassador
The results also prove that the village is better off not lynching on day 1.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Village · Next Topic »
Add Reply