Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
WW4:Indiana Jones & The Lost Scrolls of Alexandria
Topic Started: Feb 7 2015, 09:06 PM (2,368 Views)
Barrarabian Butlers
Member Avatar
Barry from 10000 Islands
Welcome to:

WW4: Indiana Jones and The Lost Scrolls of Alexandria

Posted Image

The Royal Library of Alexandria, Egypt was the greatest repository of knowledge ever known to mankind. Founded at the beginning of the 3rd century BC during the reign of Ptolemy II of Egypt, it sat on the shore of the Mediterranean Sea and was the greatest bastion of civilization and scientific thought that the world has ever seen. The library stored at its peak almost 700,000 individual parchment scrolls, including myriad manuscripts containing the wisdom, knowledge, and information, accumulated by the genius of the Hellenic peoples.

Posted Image

In a true tragedy of history, the 1st Century AD Roman historian, Aulus Gellius, wrote that the library was destroyed by fire during the 47 AD sacking of Alexandria by the Romans. Gellius claimed: “…700,000 scrolls were all burned.”

Posted Image

However, tradition holds, and rumors have persisted down through the ages, that three precious, irreplaceable scrolls had been saved from the fiery carnage. These parchments, which came to be known over time as “The Lost Scrolls of Alexandria”, were reported titled:

“Found: The Last Digit in Pi - It is 3.14 something” by Matheticulus Archimedes II.
“The Answer To The Ultimate Question Is Not 42” by Zaphoditum Beeblebroxicus
“Why Real Men Are From Athens, Real Women Are From Sparta” by Brucineus Kardashhishopes.

These irreplaceable manuscripts were reputedly ferreted out of the library prior to its destruction by a group of visiting Norwegian Mercenary Monks, who came to be known as “The Guardians of The Lost Scrolls”. The Guardians carefully secreted their precious cargo on board a barge owned by “The Pharaoh’s Bourbon & Taco Export Company”, and from Alexandria, sailed through the Mediterranean Sea and across the Atlantic Ocean….The scrolls’ reputed current hiding place is somewhere in The Dominion of Canada.

:cananim: :canada:

THE GAME

The famed archeologist, Indiana Jones, has launched a search for these three scrolls of incalculable value to mankind. He has enlisted the aid of 12 other world renowned and highly acclaimed archeologians to assist him. However, unknown to Indy, 3 of his assembled group are card carrying members of the present-day “Guardians of The Lost Scrolls”, who will stop at nothing to prevent the discovery of The Lost Scrolls of Alexandria and the divulgence of their powerful contents to an unworthy and unprepared World.

The goal of Indy & the Archeologists is to find the scrolls and eliminate the remaining 3 Guardians. The Guardians’ goal is to “reduce” the numbers of members in Indy’s group, so as to prevent them from ever desiring to search for the sacred parchments again.

THE ROLES

• Indiana Jones (Seer): Indy is confident that he can find the Lost Scrolls with the help of his Archeologists. However, he is aware of the existence of “The Guardians of The Lost Scrolls” and fears that a few members of his archeological team could indeed be members. Each Night Indy may search (scan) the belongings of one of his/her assembled group in order to determine whether they be friend or foe.

• 2 Security Officers (Defenders): These are archeologists who just happen to have been former members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police. Their previous experience gives them substantial skills to defend themselves and others. They know each other and every Night they may each choose one player to defend from the Guardians. They may defend themselves, each other, or any other player. However, a Security Officer may not choose to defend the same player that he/she defended the Night before.

• 7 Archeologists: They are dedicated to helping Indy discover the location of the Lost Scrolls and help uncover the identity of the nefarious “Guardians”. They have no special abilities other than to try and find the Guardians by Day, and survive the threat of death by Night.

• 3 Guardians: They are members of “The Guardians of The Lost Scrolls” and are determined to thwart Indy & the Archeologists from discovering the location of the sacred parchments. Each Night they may collectively choose one player to kill.

THE RULES

• Each Day phase will last 48 hours, during which the players will discuss and vote upon whom to lynch. A player’s vote should be bolded and in the following form: VOTE: Lynch (player name)

• The player with the most votes will be eliminated.

• In the event of a tie vote, the player who first reached the top voting total to lynch will be eliminated.

• A “No Lynch” vote may only be made on the 1st Day. After Day 1, “No Lynch” votes are not valid.

• Failure to post for two consecutive Day phases will result in elimination for inactivity.

• Each Night phase will last 24 hours, during which Indiana Jones, the Security Officers, and The Guardians may pm me the name of the player on whom they want to use their power.

• The Archeologist Group wins when all of The Guardians have been eliminated. The Guardians win when the number of their surviving players is equal to, or greater than, the number of survivors in the Archeologist Group.

• Private PM’s are NOT permitted. This prohibition does not apply to messages between Indiana Jones and the players Indy has scanned, between the Security Officers, and among The Guardians. However, other private communications between players will result in really nasty and icky penalties.

WINNERS: The Archeologists

Stormaen
Aersoldorf (Security Officer)
Hahiha
Markanite
Matilda Love

PLAYERS MADE DEAD

wopruthien - Archeologist: Lynched by the Archeologist group on Day 1
aternox - Archeologist: Killed by The Guardians on Night 1
Almonaster - Archeologist: Lynched by the Archeologist group on Day 2
Klopstock - Guardian: Lynched by the Archeologist group on Day 3
Auq - Security Officer: Killed by The Guardians on Night 3
the land - Guardian: Lynched by the Archeologist group on Day 4
disposablepuppetland - Indiana Jones: Killed by The Guardians on Night 4
lowercolumbia - Guardian: Lynched by the Archeologist group on Day 5

:cancan: :cancan:

The Game will begin when Sign-Ups have been announced as Closed, and the Roles have been sent out and received – or at least almost all have been received.
Posted Image - Posted Image
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
Could you please clarify "common threads for the Seer, Security Officers, and The Guardians"?
It is very hard to find properly cited quotes on the internet.
~Abraham Lincoln

Visit Al's FractAl Gallery

I'm in ur detailz likin' ur sinz. :evil:

Markanite
Member Avatar

Visiting Dignitary
Love the plot Barry!
Markanite - Delegate of 10000 Islands

Aersoldorf
Member Avatar
Waiting for the night to fall
Ambassador
Almonaster,Feb 8 2015
12:10 PM
Could you please clarify "common threads for the Seer, Security Officers, and The Guardians"?

Barry probably doesn't realize that your forum doesn't support pm chains with multiple participants like ours does back home.
Spamming the Canadian provinces since December 2013

Matilda Love
Member Avatar

Minister
Very excited about the pre story story!

*sets about preparing blueberry pies with favourite topper pressed with favourite rolling pin*

See here for more information
Posted Image

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
Erica Jong

Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart go together.
ParrrrTay

Barrarabian Butlers
Member Avatar
Barry from 10000 Islands
The Sign-up period has been closed and I have messaged everyone with their roles. I'll start the game when everyone, or most everyone, has read their roles. You can post here that you got your role or pm me, if you'd like.

FYI, all roles were randomly assigned using "RANDOM.ORG". So it won't do you any good trying to see what's going on in my head....My wife says she doesn't find much of interest in there anyway. :P

As far as "common pm threads" go, Aerso is correct. I wasn't aware that this forum doesn't support multiple recipients/participants on pm's. So I've changed the language in the rules to reflect that. The rule prohibits private messages between players about the game, other than those among Indy and the players they've scanned; between the Security Officers; and among The Guardians.

So with that, we're hopefully almost ready to go. I hope everyone enjoys the game. And thanks for letting me host. :)

Posted Image

Aersoldorf
Member Avatar
Ambassador
I have read mine

wopruthien
Member Avatar

Ambassador
Grave robbers everywhere.

aternox
Member Avatar
Rookie
I am ready to uncover some lost artefacts, thanks for hosting Barry!

Klopstock
Member Avatar
Team Captain
I brought my hand brush and portable carbon-dating kit!

Aersoldorf
Member Avatar
Ambassador
Klop, you should try dating girls. They're much more fun than carbon.

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
They're tricky, though. The young ones pretend to be older and the old ones pretend to be younger. Getting a precise date is an achievement.
~Abraham Lincoln

Aersoldorf
Member Avatar
Ambassador
Your forum needs a 'like' button

the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
well there is the quote unquote thread that can be found here that is sort of that idea.
You Don't Take Time out of Life for Music, You Take Time out of Music for Life~Unknown

Markanite
Member Avatar

Visiting Dignitary
Aersoldorf,Feb 9 2015
12:18 PM
Your forum needs a 'like' button

I went to like that post but :(

:lol:
Markanite - Delegate of 10000 Islands

Barrarabian Butlers
Member Avatar
Barry from 10000 Islands
And so our story begins….

Indiana Jones and his meticulously selected group of esteemed archeologists rode by camel drawn carriages from their hotel in Alexandria to the airport at the edge of town.

Posted Image

Once on board their plane, the flight from Alexandria to Ottawa, Canada was initially uneventful. Although Indy thought the in-flight food and beverage service of tacos and bourbon to be a bit strange, he attributed nothing significantly unusual to it as he drifted off into sleep at the back of the plane.

Posted Image

Suddenly, Indiana was abruptly awakened by a terrorizing sensation of falling. Peering out the window he saw the horrifying sight of the ground seeming to rush up toward the plane at an alarming rate. ”We’re crashing!” he yelled.

Thinking quickly, Indy reached for his whip….

And with that cliff-hanger, we start our game.

The 1st Day phase has begun. It will end 48 hours from now. It is your decision as to whether everyone on board Indy’s seemingly doomed plane survives its deadly descent. Choose wisely.

Posted Image

wopruthien
Member Avatar

Ambassador
We need an air brake. Who's the heaviest?

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
Who's flying this thing anyway?

* Heads forward. *
~Abraham Lincoln

Aersoldorf
Member Avatar
Ambassador
Dump the fuel, it worked for Bugs Bunny

lowercolumbia
Member Avatar
Draft Pick
Well, this is certainly an interesting way to start a game.

I'm with Aerso; dumping the fuel will probably help. And since pointing fingers isn't going to help us survive:

Vote: No Lynch

Just to get that out of the way.
A visiting senator from 10000 Islands...

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Village · Next Topic »
Add Reply