Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Would you be interested in joining an RP game
Yes, I've been waiting for a chance to join one for awhile 3 (37.5%)
Yes, but I'm not sure how it works 0 (0%)
Maybe, Depends on the scenario 4 (50%)
No 0 (0%)
Other, Please respond below 1 (12.5%)
Total Votes: 8
Are you interested in starting up a RP scenario
Topic Started: Jan 22 2014, 10:46 AM (174 Views)
the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
This poll is to see if there is any interest in starting up an RP again since it has been silent for awhile in the section of the forum.
You Don't Take Time out of Life for Music, You Take Time out of Music for Life~Unknown

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Sir Storm of the Order of the Maple Leaf
Speaker
This is so weird, I just had an RP idea last night that I wanted to float by the region! :lol:

I was thinking something like Pirates of the North Atlantic, an obvious spoof of the more famous Pirates brand. Or, alternatively, we could be part of a scientific expedition to explore Canada. (Or one then the other!) :P

I think we'd have some great personal traits we could put into our characters, such as: Shay as Captain/Master; Ess, Mattie or Al as First Mate; DPL as navigator; and the rest of us could fill other roles that appeal to us. E.g. Land could be the land expedition leader? I'd probably be some type of security/cabin boy person and there'd need to be a cook... Where's Omni? :ph43r:

[/hijack]
"Every joke is a tiny revolution." – George Orwell
:tea:

Alterrum
Member Avatar
First Line Centre
I would be interested, but I'd just like to add I'm quite busy in real life at the moment so I might not able to check in very regularly, if that's okay
More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
- Charlie Chaplin

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Many of our ideas seem to focus on exploration.

What if we took the mapping Canada idea and ran it into a Lost World scenario. Maybe a hidden valley with a Sasquatch civilisation who don't want the explorers to leave...?
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. ~ Mencken

Visit Al's FractAl Gallery

I'm in ur detailz likin' ur sinz. :evil:
Posted Image

the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
I'm down with playing pretty much anything.

I would like to know of those who put depends on the scenario, which scenarios they would be interested in playing.

As for activity level, it's alright if you can't check in regularly, however sometimes things go rather quickly, especially if there are two active rpers on and they keep responding to the topic.
You Don't Take Time out of Life for Music, You Take Time out of Music for Life~Unknown

Alterrum
Member Avatar
First Line Centre
Ok, thank you Land :)
More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
- Charlie Chaplin

Lorelai County
Member Avatar
Stanley Cup Champ
Stormaen,Jan 23 2014
02:16 PM
I think we'd have some great personal traits we could put into our characters, such as: Shay as Captain/Master; Ess, Mattie or Al as First Mate; DPL as navigator; and the rest of us could fill other roles that appeal to us.  E.g. Land could be the land expedition leader?  I'd probably be some type of security/cabin boy person and there'd need to be a cook... Where's Omni?  :ph43r:

I think, I might end up being the red shirt. :cry:
Posted Image
Posted Image ----> Posted Image

Matilda Love
Member Avatar

Minister
LC noooooo!!!!!!!!!!! red shirt no *stomps foot*

You must be the comedian/tease!
And/or someone scientific too, a geologist or astronomer or biologist or archeologist or some other idea you would prefer of course.

I don't want no leadership thing please :D
Can I please be the photographer/illustrator?

i don't have to be the only one if others want to :)

Posted Image

Everyone has talent. What is rare is the courage to follow the talent to the dark place where it leads.
Erica Jong

Fine art is that in which the hand, the head, and the heart go together.
ParrrrTay
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Stormaen
Member Avatar
Sir Storm of the Order of the Maple Leaf
Speaker
Funnily enough, I did have it in my head you should be the illustrator., Mattie! :lol:

I like the idea Al suggested of exploring Canada and running in to some Lost World scenario. We could also tie it in to this sequence of posts by DPL, Al and myself.

Scenario: we are exploring the Canadian world and charting and surveying all we see. We come across strange creatures and cultures and document them before moving on to the next wacky adventure.

How does that sound?

LC: there are no redshirts on this voyage! Red coats maybe but no redshirts! :P

How about you join me in the security detail role? The more eyes, the merrier! :JT:

We could call our exploration/scientific vessel the Jack Tarr too.
"Every joke is a tiny revolution." – George Orwell
:tea:

Lorelai County
Member Avatar
Stanley Cup Champ
Stormaen,Jan 24 2014
03:56 PM
LC: there are no redshirts on this voyage!

Totally agree with you. As soon we explore new shores we seem to mysteriously disappear.

Like your name idea for the vessel.
Posted Image ----> Posted Image

« Previous Topic · General Role Play Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply