Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Question about endorsements
Topic Started: Nov 8 2013, 01:06 PM (234 Views)
Alterrum
Member Avatar
First Line Centre
The regional factbook page says to keep endorsements below 50% of the delegates endorsement count, but there are several nations who have more endorsements than that. I would like to endorse some nations like that, but I'm not sure if it would be against the rules. :unsure:

Could someone clarify?
More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
- Charlie Chaplin
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Almonaster
Member Avatar
Homophonophile
Minister
The way it generally works is for the target nation to ensure they do not go any limits set. Staying below 50% is safe. Above that, we have a soft limit of 60%, and will issue a warning.

If nations register here and declare their intentions either as a candidate for delegate, or wishing not to be delegate, but prepared to abide by the constitution if they accidentally do, then they may be allowed a higher count.

It is an area which has had a controversial history. At present my understanding is that the Delegacy Contention legislation is in force as a guideline only. The Ejection and Board Suspension Guidelines are also relevant.

In any case, you are entitled to endorse anyone you like, but may be requested not to do so either by the endorsee or a minister. Meanwhile, just go ahead.
The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. ~ Mencken

Visit Al's FractAl Gallery

I'm in ur detailz likin' ur sinz. :evil:
Posted Image

Alterrum
Member Avatar
First Line Centre
Ok, thank you very much for a detailed answer. ;)
More than machinery, we need humanity. More than cleverness, we need kindness and gentleness. Without these qualities, life will be violent and all will be lost.
- Charlie Chaplin

« Previous Topic · Frequently Asked Questions · Next Topic »
Add Reply