Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The worst has happened.; Lucas is at it again...
Topic Started: Sep 1 2011, 06:58 PM (120 Views)
Rock-Onia
Member Avatar
Stanley Cup Champ
Star Wars will never be the same.

For the Blu-Ray release of the Star Wars saga, George Lucas has made some changes that are not to my liking at all. The link in the article leads to the video with four other changes.

Thoughts? I'm not too pissed about Yoda or Krayt dragon calls, and even the blinking is not as bad as I made it out to be when I first saw it, but the error that has yet to be changed and the focus of this article have got me honestly crying.
Minister of Doughnuts and Beer: Summer '07-Spring '08
Proud Battle Rifle wielding member of the He Man Woman Hater Club
Matt Ricci And The Sometimes Y (my band)

"You can't look dignified when you're having fun."

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

davislyvania
Member Avatar
You! Yes...YOU....
I used to be bothered about Lucas and his insane compulsion with destroying the past. (1984 by George Lucas, perhaps?)
But lately, especially with the announcement of the 3D abominations coming next year, I just figure I'll ignore it and watch my theatrical cut version. (though a truly accurate theatrical version does not exist except on film reels. I know this because of the tape I made in '77.)

Eventually there'll be remakes that will give the very Earth itself cancer. But that doesn't mean we real fans have to watch them.

Kiljarit
Member Avatar
Penalty Killer
I wish you could still watch the original 3 on DVD without all of the recent crap he added in.

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
Sounds like a good excuse to watch the fan edited versions. Now if only I knew where I could get them...
Chuck Norris Points: 2

28 DAYS LATER: Abraham Weiss ~ 3:10 TO YUMA: Dwight "Bud" Marlowe ~ CANADIAN DOMINATION: Lord Marshal Casder ~ COPS: Jamie Vance ~ CSI: Jesse Vance ~ D&D: Caliban Canivar ~ GUARDIAN SOCIETY: Salvo, Alpha Boy ~ ON THE FRONT: Pvt. Dominic Reardon ~ MEDIEVAL TIMES: Prince Johann ~ SPIES: Leroy Perlman ~ STAR ADVENTURE: WO Andre Lanter ~ STRANDED: Justin Vance ~ SUPERNATURAL: Rhett Van Sprang ~ TIMESPLITTERS: Spc. Jeremiah "Rookie" Vance ~ WILD LIFE: Rex

davislyvania
Member Avatar
You! Yes...YOU....
Kiljarit,Sep 2 2011
06:30 PM
I wish you could still watch the original 3 on DVD without all of the recent crap he added in.

You can...or at least you could, for a while. I got them about 5 years ago; the only corrections they made were for things removed on the VHS versions ("Close the blast doors!" being one of them.)
I don't know if these can still be had. They had the original and the "new" versions in the same box.

Rock-Onia
Member Avatar
Stanley Cup Champ
I don't have Blu-Ray, and even if I did, I wouldn't get them. It's just the fact that that is how future generations may be introduced to the original movies, and I can't stand that. That is how the movies will be accepted by the masses because they're on the latest format. It makes me :(
Minister of Doughnuts and Beer: Summer '07-Spring '08
Proud Battle Rifle wielding member of the He Man Woman Hater Club
Matt Ricci And The Sometimes Y (my band)

"You can't look dignified when you're having fun."

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply