Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Green Lantern trailer
Topic Started: Nov 17 2010, 12:45 PM (220 Views)
Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
(Not sure whether to put this in Movies or the comic book thread in Literature.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbUOnJykqxo

Looks okay, but the costume still looks stupid and obviously CGI. They also seem to have changed Hal's character traits a little as well, which I don't really like, but I guess that means if they make the Flash movie and they choose to use Barry Allen, they can make him funny like Wally West.
Chuck Norris Points: 2

28 DAYS LATER: Abraham Weiss ~ 3:10 TO YUMA: Dwight "Bud" Marlowe ~ CANADIAN DOMINATION: Lord Marshal Casder ~ COPS: Jamie Vance ~ CSI: Jesse Vance ~ D&D: Caliban Canivar ~ GUARDIAN SOCIETY: Salvo, Alpha Boy ~ ON THE FRONT: Pvt. Dominic Reardon ~ MEDIEVAL TIMES: Prince Johann ~ SPIES: Leroy Perlman ~ STAR ADVENTURE: WO Andre Lanter ~ STRANDED: Justin Vance ~ SUPERNATURAL: Rhett Van Sprang ~ TIMESPLITTERS: Spc. Jeremiah "Rookie" Vance ~ WILD LIFE: Rex
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Fin
Member Avatar
Chasing Wind mills
Yeah kinda seems like a combination of Hal Jordan and Kyle Rayner...Which ruins my idea for a trilogy. Which goes...

Hal becomes GL, fights Sinestro.....Hal sees coast city destroyed becomes Paralex....Jordan Vs. Rayner
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 21-Skwerl Salute for the Dizzy Twirling Hippy Chick!

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
I'm not the biggest fan of Kyle, but the Parallax thing would be cool. I'd like to see John Stewart and Guy Gardner back up Hal at some point. I think I did read somewhere that we'd be seeing one or both of them at some point. Hope that turns out to be true.

28 DAYS LATER: Abraham Weiss ~ 3:10 TO YUMA: Dwight "Bud" Marlowe ~ CANADIAN DOMINATION: Lord Marshal Casder ~ COPS: Jamie Vance ~ CSI: Jesse Vance ~ D&D: Caliban Canivar ~ GUARDIAN SOCIETY: Salvo, Alpha Boy ~ ON THE FRONT: Pvt. Dominic Reardon ~ MEDIEVAL TIMES: Prince Johann ~ SPIES: Leroy Perlman ~ STAR ADVENTURE: WO Andre Lanter ~ STRANDED: Justin Vance ~ SUPERNATURAL: Rhett Van Sprang ~ TIMESPLITTERS: Spc. Jeremiah "Rookie" Vance ~ WILD LIFE: Rex

Fin
Member Avatar
Chasing Wind mills
I use to not like Guy, but the more you see things with him the more you like him
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
I actually like this fan trailer a lot better. It takes Hal more seriously for one thing, while still having moments of lightness and brevity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hTiRnqnvDs...be_gdata_player

Fin
Member Avatar
Chasing Wind mills
I can see Captain Mal play as Hal...And yeah thats a pretty good fan trailer
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Omnivorous
Member Avatar
The AntiEss
I know which film I would rather watch...
# of Posted Image points: -2

Department of Immigration Member
Posted Image

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
I do like the part just after the one minute mark (right after the WB and DC logos), when the awesome music kicks in and we get our first glimpse of space, though.

Fin
Member Avatar
Chasing Wind mills
So Ryl, do you know if theres gonna be any mention of the black lanterns in the movie....And thats what should be DC's next animated movie
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
I haven't heard anything about the BL Corps in relation to this movie, and I think that storyline is just too massive for one film anyway, especially the first film where they have to cram in the origin story too. Maybe in Green Lantern 3?

The next one I think will probably be Dark Knight Rises, and then Man of Steel, that Superman reboot Christopher Nolan is producing with Zack Snyder directing.

Funny enough, this was the exact thing I was thinking about last night. I doubt a Flash movie would work because he's not as popular with the general public and doesn't seem to have the same level of drama as Batman or Superman. Plus, a good hero needs a good villain, and I'm sure most if not all non-comic book fans would be hard pressed to name just one character in Flash's rogues gallery.
That Aquaman adaptation has been talked about a lot ever since Adrian Grenier (I think that's his name) played him in Entourage, and they even filmed a TV pilot starring Justin Hartley (who plays Green Arrow in Smallville) but that never got picked up. Same as with Flash, I doubt most people could name a single Aquaman villain, and on top of that, many consider him kind of lame.
If they got someone really passionate about it, and who had big ideas for the character, I actually think a Martian Manhunter movie just might actually work. He's got some great powers, he's fairly interesting, and like Supes, he's got that drama of being the last surviving member of an alien species who is faced with the choice of protecting a planet and race not his own, when he could easily just destroy or conquer them. He seems to have little bits of Superman, Batman (parts of his personality), and Green Lantern (the battling aliens thing) in him, which could make a very compelling combination.
Wonder Woman's also long overdue for her own movie too. She is one of DC's "Big Three".

Oh, wait, you said 'animated'. In that case I think absolutely anything's possible. Maybe they could take the Batman: Gotham Knight and Halo: Legends idea and apply it to the entire Justice League. Have a bunch of acclaimed Japanese animation studios work on a collection of short films packaged on one DVD exploring the lives of each hero.

Edit:
I hear DC Showcase Original Shorts Collection is supposed to be coming out some time this year. And according to Wikipedia, Batman: Year One, and Green Lantern: Emerald Knights are both coming in 2011.

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
I don't get how he's supposed to be irresponsible if he's responsible for 100 million dollar planes, and not fearless if he's a friggin' test/fighter pilot...

« Previous Topic · Real Life Entertainment · Next Topic »
Add Reply