Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Former Territories of Goose-ada; It isnít calm before the storm
Topic Started: Oct 2 2010, 05:36 AM (153 Views)
Bob_of_Mage
Member Avatar
All-Star
OOC:Before Red Square Pond claims its new turf I want to do a bit of transition from the old to the new. Since I havenít found any pre-existing info Iím making up a new past and present for plot five. If there are any conflicts please tell me quickly before too much happens. Now I take my first step into a brave new world.

The Former Territories of Goose-ada are nearly in a civil war as three major factions try to move the territory in different directions.

Order of the Frozen Foot: A fundamentalist religious sect who believes the messiah has lost his way due to losing a foot to frostbite. They are searching for him across the frozen land to reunite him with his frozen foot which he lost. They believe that the messiah will not appear while chaos reigns across the land. The faction is trying to unite the Former Territories of Goose-ada under their flag by any means. Their practice of limited human sacrifice (only those willing or criminals who have committed capitol crimes) has made them many enemies.

Blue Ganders: The descendants of invaders who conquered some of the southlands a thousand years ago. They have ruled southern Goose-ada since they invaded and dominated Goose-ada after it was united three hundred years ago. They have most of the nationís remaining wealth and own all the best land in the south. The rearranged the politic districts in the old Goose-ada to give themselves a disproportional amount of seats and an out right majority over the larger People of the Really Cold Ice. Feels that the People of the Really Cold Ice only want to delay progress. Feeling under threat from Really Cold Ice militias, counter militias have been formed.

People of the Really Cold Ice: Have lived in this land since before recorded time. Were at war with the Blue Ganders until the nation united three hundred years ago. They dominate the frozen northlands but are exclude from most of the green southlands. After the collapse of old Goose-ada the People of the Really Cold Ice were able to finally to reassert control over the northlands and one of the cities. A number of rogue violent militias have launched a campaign of revenge against Blue Ganders. Wish to be free from Blue Gander control but lack ownership of much of their land.

Military Remnant: They control most of Goose-ada weapons and have stayed out of the civil conflicts. They only operate in Fort Bastion and maintain the border. Who ever gains control over all of Goose-ada will have the support of the military. However the longer Goose-ada is without a central government the more individual units leave to join a faction, bring with them military hardware.

On the map:
-The west most city is controlled by the People of the Really Cold Ice and called Port Full of Ice
-The south most city is controlled by the Order of the Frozen Foot and called Foothaven
-The last city is controlled by the Blue Ganders and called City 2
-The Military base is called Fort Bastion
Why say something with one word, when you can use twelve words instead!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · RP Reference Information · Next Topic »
Add Reply