Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Heroes II
Topic Started: Jun 5 2010, 02:33 PM (2,149 Views)
Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
Codename: (Optional.)
Power or Abilities:
Personality:
Biography: (Age, gender, family, home, back-story, significant others, etc.)
Chuck Norris Points: 2

28 DAYS LATER: Abraham Weiss ~ 3:10 TO YUMA: Dwight "Bud" Marlowe ~ CANADIAN DOMINATION: Lord Marshal Casder ~ COPS: Jamie Vance ~ CSI: Jesse Vance ~ D&D: Caliban Canivar ~ GUARDIAN SOCIETY: Salvo, Alpha Boy ~ ON THE FRONT: Pvt. Dominic Reardon ~ MEDIEVAL TIMES: Prince Johann ~ SPIES: Leroy Perlman ~ STAR ADVENTURE: WO Andre Lanter ~ STRANDED: Justin Vance ~ SUPERNATURAL: Rhett Van Sprang ~ TIMESPLITTERS: Spc. Jeremiah "Rookie" Vance ~ WILD LIFE: Rex
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
Codename: Night Strider
Power or Abilities: Psychic/ Telekinesis
Personality: Quiet, Secretive, calm, intelligent. willing to do anything to defend the innocent.
Biography: At 24 Madelin has been aware of her powers for quite sometime. Although she doesn't use them much she has practiced them in secret and has had good success. She lives by herself and not very many people know much about her. Her past and present are shrouded in mystery and it is hard to get to know her. She has very strong beliefs that she will uphold until her dying breath. She doesn't get close to anyone because she is afraid to loose them like she did her parents in a mysterious accident 5 years ago.
You Don't Take Time out of Life for Music, You Take Time out of Music for Life~Unknown

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
What do you guys think about me taking Shapeshifting again? Am I being unfair and making my character too powerful?

28 DAYS LATER: Abraham Weiss ~ 3:10 TO YUMA: Dwight "Bud" Marlowe ~ CANADIAN DOMINATION: Lord Marshal Casder ~ COPS: Jamie Vance ~ CSI: Jesse Vance ~ D&D: Caliban Canivar ~ GUARDIAN SOCIETY: Salvo, Alpha Boy ~ ON THE FRONT: Pvt. Dominic Reardon ~ MEDIEVAL TIMES: Prince Johann ~ SPIES: Leroy Perlman ~ STAR ADVENTURE: WO Andre Lanter ~ STRANDED: Justin Vance ~ SUPERNATURAL: Rhett Van Sprang ~ TIMESPLITTERS: Spc. Jeremiah "Rookie" Vance ~ WILD LIFE: Rex

the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
i don't think your character is too powerful...I think all the characters have the potential to be very powerful if they are developed correctly...my character especially can become very dangerous as time goes on.
You Don't Take Time out of Life for Music, You Take Time out of Music for Life~Unknown

CIV D C
Member Avatar
We can't do this all day you know.
Codename: The Real Lantern
Power or Abilities: A red ring that gives him somewhat similar powers to Green Lanterns in DC Comics. His ring shoots beams of red light and generates weak force fields. There are also some limited healing abilites.
Personality: Is very obsessive, but also shows little fear.
Biography: This 32 year old had a childhood obsession with the Green Lanterns. At 20, he found the ability make a ring just like it. His last version seemed like a failure, as it only emitted a red light. He found the secret to his ring at 31- a small piece of uranium incased in lead.
For every action there is an equal and opposite government program. Unknown
Posted Image

Fin
Member Avatar
Chasing Wind mills
Yeah Ryl, go for it

Codename: The Specter
Power or Abilities: Immortality (stopped aging at 30),Healing Factor
Personality: A loner, bit crazed, depressed but hides it with joking, chivalrous, spurts of rage
Biography: (Age, gender, family, home, back-story, significant others, etc.)
In 1778, at age 30, Roger and his pregnant wife, Clair, had a small tobacco farm in North Carolina. One night a detachment of Red Coats, ransacked his house, taking food clothing, everything. They burned down his house and made him watch as they raped Clair and than slit her throat. They then shot him in the chest, left for dead. The next day as the town held a funeral Roger awoke in the middle of it. Thinking he was a witch or demon the town banished him. So now that he lost everything he tried to hang himself but still didn't die. Seeing this as a sign from some sort of higher power, he made a vow that he will walk the earth, protecting people from evil so no one else will ever lose a love one. He is the Walking Ghost, he is The Specter.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 21-Skwerl Salute for the Dizzy Twirling Hippy Chick!

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Mirahge
And you say I have problems!
Codename: None
Power or Abilities: Weather Manipulation
Personality: Reserved, Intorverted. Friendly but Shy, Often Sarcastic
Biography: Hunter is a 16 year old Irish boy from an immigrating family. He lives in a large house as his parents are both scientests in biology. He never really talks to many people except a few good friends, especially his best friend Tristan. He is an only child and knew about his power and controlled it at 14. His power is mostley reflected by his mood at the time.

"Life continues on, with...or without you" ~Locust Queen, Gears of War 2

RP Charecters:
James Redmen - 28 days later
Pvt Damain Horton - On the Front
Lance Dersan - Cops

Fin
Member Avatar
Chasing Wind mills
Its a misty Saturday night in the city of Toronto. Roger O'Reilly is laying on a bench. He has todays paper over him acting as a make-shift blanket. He is trying to catch some shut-eye but the loud noise of drunk people scurrying from pub to pub makes it hard.

Its okay though, Roger thinks to himself. He hasn't had much sleep through his 200 plus years of living. He prefers if he didn't have to sleep because of the same nightmare hes been having for those 200 plus years. The same one where he sees his wife raped, his wife and unborn child murdered. Each night he wakes up yelling.

Now he hears yelling. Not yelling of party goers but one he knows far too well, a blood curtailing scream of a young woman. Roger stands up, people walking by glairs at him. Its like they never seen a man in disshuffled thrift store clothes, with holed running shoes and a dirty old Hartford Whalers ball cap.

He mumbles imaginary words while taking out a necklace with a cross. A gift given to him by his wife, the only thing he has left of her. He kisses it with his chapped lips and places it back under his shirt.

From his standing stance he sprints towards the screaming. Thinking to himself, he wonder why no one else is hearing this or is it his mind playing tricks. He hope its his mind playing tricks on him again, this wouldn't be the first time it would.

He rushes through a pack of giggling girls and into a dark alley way. His dark blue eyes sees a man atop a woman at knife point. The woman screams "Please get off me"

"Didn't you hear the lady, she said get off." The would be rapist turns his head to see Roger. "What is a homeless man gonna do about it? Ya gonna make me?"

"Yes."

The man stands up, charging Roger with his knife pointed at Rogers chest. Roger steps aside and the man runs by him. He trips the man and he falls onto the ground, his chin hits hard braking some teeth. "You son of a bitch."

He stands back up. "He should stay down." The man takes a swipe but Roger grabs his wrist. He twists his arm until he hears a crack. Than he hits the man with a round house punch knocking him unconscious.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Mirahge
OOC: Oh sorry Fin i didn't see you guy was an O'Riley too :P

Hunter wakes up to a cloudy Toronto morning. He sheepishly gets up and throws on a pair of jeans and a plain t-shirt. He looks out the window and looks around, making sure no one is around. Then he cuts a hole with his powers and lets the sunlight in his home

"Thats better."

Hunter starts to get some breakfast

RP Charecters:
Lance Dersan - Cops

CIV D C
Member Avatar
We can't do this all day you know.
Samuel wakes up, happy that this is his day off. All he needs for the day is a fridge, microwave, a lot of coffee, and piles of Green Lantern Comics. After a rushed breakfast, Sam sits down with a comic.He murmurs

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!"

Samuel then breaks into a giggle that always get him cold stares
For every action there is an equal and opposite government program. Unknown
Posted Image

the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
As I get up I think about the coming day. I have been feeling a nagging sense of danger for the past week that hasn't gone away.

Fin
Member Avatar
Chasing Wind mills
Roger turns around to the woman. "You okay, Ma'am"

She nods her head, "Yes, I am." She walks up to him, Roger takes a step back. The woman reaches into her purse and takes out some money. "Here this is for you, it looks as if you need it."

He pushes the woman's hand away. "No Ma'am, I can't accept your money."

" You have no place to sleep, come with me. You'll can sleep in a bed and take a shower...you really need that."

"No Ma'am."

"But..."

"NO!" he says pushing her away. "I'm sorry but really you don't want me around. You should call the police." He walks off into the street, the sun is coming up.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Mirahge
Finishes off his breakfast then grabs his backpack and books

"I'm off to school, mum! G'bye!"

RP Charecters:
Lance Dersan - Cops

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
OOC: I've been thinking about what to do about my character constantly for five days now and I've come to the conclusion using Shapeshifting again will likely mean a clone of Havoc, and I don't want to do the same character under a different name. Besides, I don't think a bloodthirsty, power-hungry sociopath would work well as a hero, and RPs we've done where some players are good and others evil have never really worked as well as when we're all on the same side. So I'm going to try the lighter, less grim and disturbing, route this time.

Codename: Omni-Man
Power or Abilities: Transmogrification (can meld with or 'possess' objects, and take on the properties of anything he touches, except living organic matter such as animals or humans). If he gets hurt in human form, he can heal himself by transforming into something and back, but the process is mentally and physically exhausting, leaving him temporarily weakened afterwards. He also has one major weakness, he is sensitive to loud noises and sonic weapons. (His atoms are naturally susceptible to instability because the chemical bonds holding them together have to break apart and realign every time he transforms, so when he is bombarded by strong soundwaves the vibrations cause him to become unstable.)
Personality: Fun-loving, means well, but a bit of an airhead.
Biography: Lives by himself in a messy apartment. Has a brother (Damien, 6 years older) and sister (Melissa, 5 years older) he talks to on the phone now and then. Parents (Neil and Isabelle) are semi-retired and spend half the year living in Florida. Discovered his power recently and has been having fun with it, but has just enough sense to keep it a secret.

Mirahge
Walks amoung the suburbs to school

RP Charecters:
Lance Dersan - Cops

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
Eventually rolls out of bed, facefirst into a pile of dirty underpants. Gets a whiff and jumps up wide awake.
"OH, that's nasty..."
Scratches his stubble and gets a cup of apple juice from the fridge.

Mirahge
Notices a dry patch in a neighborhood. Feeling helpful, Hunter looks around to make sure no one is looking then molds a cloud in the sky, and it begins to lightly rain

"Jus doing me part for the environment."

RP Charecters:
Lance Dersan - Cops

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
Eats some Del Monte peach slices straight from the can. Turns on the FM radio.
"...and it looks like rain, rain, rain for today. Stay tuned for the full weekly forecast listeners!"
Gets dressed and heads out.

Mirahge
Sees the school as he goes up to the school

RP Charecters:
Lance Dersan - Cops

the land
Member Avatar
Just another mile
I as I get ready for the day's lessons I keep alert for any sign that the danger has finally come.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Role Play Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply