Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Would you play...?
Topic Started: Oct 13 2008, 01:33 PM (1,235 Views)
Mirahge
And you say I have problems!
I'd thought i'd create a would you play thread so we don't always have to open up polls.

Anyway, would anyone be interested in playing like a rock band scenario?

"Life continues on, with...or without you" ~Locust Queen, Gears of War 2

RP Charecters:
James Redmen - 28 days later
Pvt Damain Horton - On the Front
Lance Dersan - Cops
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Niongor
Member Avatar
Giver of the *Hi-5*
I've had this idea for a while, but I've never known whether it would be strong enough to keep people playing it.

Basically the synopsis is:
It's 15,000 BC and we're the first people to set foot in North America, literally the "new world". We're basically a tribe of Native Americans/First Nations and we're part of a larger network of humans in southern Alaska.

We'd be a group that had broken away and began heading south, into Canada. It's the ice-age so still very cold and there'd be mammoths and big toothed cats would still roam the plains.

We'd have to survive the dangers and make it to a new and fertile hunting ground hundreds of miles away from our starting point in Alaska.

Lastly, begin Native American/First Nation like peoples, we'd have names like "Little Hawk" or whatever you chose. Our weapons would be throwing sticks, clubs and bows and arrows, as well as fire of course.

So what do you all think?
"There is no next time: it's now or never!"

Posted Image

Ess
Member Avatar
twirling hippy chick
I like it - The Clan of the Cave Bear, et al type stuff! :)
Posted Image
WOW Canada is a Wonderland of enchantments~Bobert
Ess is the Chuck Norris of NS Canada, so anything's possible.~Redundancies
The hippy chick is Canada's coolest! ~Fiddy
HappinEss ~Matilda

Mirahge
Thinking it through, but who would play a more 'compact' version of World Domination

Changes:
Only 4 Countries (Unless we have more ppl)
No tax collections, no one likes the idea of reporting in every day
No HP Points
Each country has specific 'Rescorces' Each with its own benifits, and sellable for a profit

Still in the proccess of thought, but just liked to know if anyone would play this?

RP Charecters:
Lance Dersan - Cops

Niongor
Member Avatar
Giver of the *Hi-5*
Would anybody be willing to play a game similar to TimeSplitters? Read about it on the link to find out more.

EDIT: Spelling correction.

Posted Image

Fin
Member Avatar
Finie The Goalie
I love that game
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A 21-Skwerl Salute for the Dizzy Twirling Hippy Chick!

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Ess
Member Avatar
twirling hippy chick
Niongor,Nov 7 2008
05:20 AM
Would anybody be willing to play a game similar to TimeSpliters? Read about it on the link to find out more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TimeSplitters

Spelling ERROR!!! :P
Posted Image
WOW Canada is a Wonderland of enchantments~Bobert
Ess is the Chuck Norris of NS Canada, so anything's possible.~Redundancies
The hippy chick is Canada's coolest! ~Fiddy
HappinEss ~Matilda

Niongor
Member Avatar
Giver of the *Hi-5*
1) Fin, I also love that game! :D

2) Sowwy for spelling mistake, Ess :blush:

Posted Image

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
Sometime down the line would anybody be interested in a RP set in the Middle Ages, perhaps England or the Crusades? We could have a King/Queen, other members of the Royal Family, peasants, knights, a Pope (or some less important local member of the clergy), etc.
Chuck Norris Points: 2

28 DAYS LATER: Abraham Weiss ~ 3:10 TO YUMA: Dwight "Bud" Marlowe ~ CANADIAN DOMINATION: Lord Marshal Casder ~ COPS: Jamie Vance ~ CSI: Jesse Vance ~ D&D: Caliban Canivar ~ GUARDIAN SOCIETY: Salvo, Alpha Boy ~ ON THE FRONT: Pvt. Dominic Reardon ~ MEDIEVAL TIMES: Prince Johann ~ SPIES: Leroy Perlman ~ STAR ADVENTURE: WO Andre Lanter ~ STRANDED: Justin Vance ~ SUPERNATURAL: Rhett Van Sprang ~ TIMESPLITTERS: Spc. Jeremiah "Rookie" Vance ~ WILD LIFE: Rex

Mirahge
I'd play it!

RP Charecters:
Lance Dersan - Cops

Niongor
Member Avatar
Giver of the *Hi-5*
I'd play that, Ryl.

Out of interest, would anybody want to play a game similar to Master & Commander? Basically, we'd be explorers taking on the new world or something. Just an idea of course.

Posted Image

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
Sounds fun. Maybe we could blend that with Pirates of the Caribbean, which more people have probably seen. We could explore, fend off Spanish/French privateers (if we'll be playing the English) and fight funky pirates.

What about a Simpsons RP?

28 DAYS LATER: Abraham Weiss ~ 3:10 TO YUMA: Dwight "Bud" Marlowe ~ CANADIAN DOMINATION: Lord Marshal Casder ~ COPS: Jamie Vance ~ CSI: Jesse Vance ~ D&D: Caliban Canivar ~ GUARDIAN SOCIETY: Salvo, Alpha Boy ~ ON THE FRONT: Pvt. Dominic Reardon ~ MEDIEVAL TIMES: Prince Johann ~ SPIES: Leroy Perlman ~ STAR ADVENTURE: WO Andre Lanter ~ STRANDED: Justin Vance ~ SUPERNATURAL: Rhett Van Sprang ~ TIMESPLITTERS: Spc. Jeremiah "Rookie" Vance ~ WILD LIFE: Rex

disposablepuppetland
Member Avatar
Hall of Famer
Is the On The Front RP going to move on to its next time period soon? I'd like to join in if the next one is modern-day Iraq or Afghanistan.
[align=center]This is what DPL is about - Also known as The Justified Ancients of West-Side - Furthermore known as the Jam
Cartographer of Canada
[/align]

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
We could try to resurrect the Osama thread for that, or you can join On The Front.

Mirahge,Jul 13 2008
09:28 PM
Good!

Scenario:

The Year is 2045, and the entire world is at war. It started with the controversial study of human 'Grafting', taking parts from a human corpse, reanimating them, and using those parts to create the 'Perfect Human'. It started with Russian Troops. Shortly after use, the Canadian, American, and British Governments pressured the Russians to stop, or suffer dire consequences. China, Japan, and Germany rally behind the Russians. Thats how it started...

We start as Undercover Troops in Russia to destroy a 'Grafting' facility. (NATO)
We start as Troops on a boat to assault Canada (Alliance)

Name:
Side: (NATO or Human Perfection Alliance *HPC*)
Nationality:
Weapon: (Make something upá :P )

Rylvan,Jul 14 2008
02:57 PM
Name: Dobrev, Vladimir
Side: NATO
Nationality: Russian
Weapon: Railgun SMG, Rail Pistol

Farney,Jul 14 2008
06:58 PM
Name: Jenoise, Maurice L.
Side: Nato
Nationality: American, descended from French Canadians
Weapon: Needler (yes, the one from HALO) and a four barreled shotgun (12 gauge, from "Mace Griffin, Bounty Hunter".

Mirahge,Jul 14 2008
07:56 PM
Name: Cpt Tristan Macdonald
Side: North American Treaty Organization
Nationality: Canadian
Weapon: Positive Ionic Charge Pistol, Percision Plasma Sniper Rifle

the land,Jul 17 2008
06:05 PM
Name: Kaylee
Side: NATO
Nationality: Canadian
Weapon: BFG, Plasma Riffle, and a random assortment of other small toys

Fin,Jul 30 2008
01:58 PM
Name: Sergeant Lee Roberts C.A.M.C, demolition expert
Side: Nato
Nationality: The Chesapeake Alliance (Combination of Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and West Virginia.) A nation formed after the 2nd American Civil War
Weapon: Mini Nuke Bombs, Bowie Knife, Rifle Shotgun (A shotgun that can fire from long distiencis)

disposablepuppetland
Member Avatar
Hall of Famer
Nah, the story I have in mind wouldn't fit into the Osama thread. It's ok, I'll just wait until On The Front cycles on to the next timeframe.
[align=center]This is what DPL is about - Also known as The Justified Ancients of West-Side - Furthermore known as the Jam
Cartographer of Canada
[/align]

Fin
Member Avatar
Finie The Goalie
Ryl "Sometime down the line would anybody be interested in a RP set in the Middle Ages, perhaps England or the Crusades? We could have a King/Queen, other members of the Royal Family, peasants, knights, a Pope (or some less important local member of the clergy), etc."

Why arn't we playing this, i love medieval times

Also is there a way we can do D&D because i haven't played it in a coon's age and i'm getting my shakes
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
Would you be interested in starting that up?

Fin
Member Avatar
Finie The Goalie
For which one Ryl my boy?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

Rylvan
Member Avatar
Premier Poster
Both if you want. Either one is fine. Or maybe we could have a poll.

Fin
Member Avatar
Finie The Goalie
Well i can start planing out the Medieval RP, but as for the D&D i have to talk with a contact of mine about if its possible to do it online.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Canada-Fin
Equinox-Hospitlar
AoQ-Hero

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Role Play Forum · Next Topic »
Add Reply