Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Once upon a time....
Topic Started: Apr 1 2008, 02:03 PM (641 Views)
Liarg
Member Avatar
Stranger, in an even stranger land....
A lone figure stands on the rocky beach, hands shoved deep into his pockets, collar turned up against the dampness weeping from the coming night. Dressed in dark clothing, unmoving against the wind, almost invisible in the mist, eyes turned upward, a painful smile touching the corner of his lips. The small cabin stands, lonely and quiet, almost blending into the steep hillside. In the chilly twilight, it almost looks as though it is a part of the natural landscape. All that remains of the beautiful creeping flowers that once climbed up the decking are dead, withered vines, like a skeleton of the life that once filled this place. A distant memory are the parties that once rang out through the valley from within, the smoke that rose from the stone chimney, forced down low over the water by the snow clouds overhead, the smell of the crackling hickory in the fireplace…..the whispered words of lovers curled in what seemed could only have been an eternal embrace, long, passionate nights that always ended too soon. Life, once so abundantly flowing from this place, now replaced by only solemn quiet, oppressive melancholy, overwhelming stillness. As he stands, lost in thought, he hears the echo of a heartbeat…his own heartbeat ringing in his head. As the thoughts flow back, his clear blue eyes cloud over with pain, and the heartbeat splits, now the sound of two beats in unison ring out in his head. Both strong and individual, but in rhythm, feeding off of each other, making each other stronger, making each other whole. Then, his mind snapping to the reality of life, the sound stops, and he shakes his head as though waking from a disturbing dream. He once again looks upward for a moment, listening intently as far off in the distance, a beautiful, terrible, heart stopping sound rips through the night....the roar of a single lion. As though prompted by the primal cry, he begins to climb the worn wooden stairs up to the place he once called home.
There is no normal life, Wyatt; there's just life. Get on with it.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Liarg
Member Avatar
The place is locked up tight, with all the storm shutters securely in place. The large stone urns on the deck remain, but the miniature citrus trees, imported from the South Pacific years ago have long since died after sitting neglected through the brutal Canadian winter. Stuffed between the eves and under the overhanging roofs are the scattered remains of numerous bird nests, some intact and some falling out and littering the edges of the decking. Seemingly structurally intact, the place is in need of a severe cleaning and a lot of maintenance. He slowly moves to the door, placing one hand on the knob while reaching with the other to the chain around his neck. Pulling the chain out, he seizes the key that has hung there for so long and inserts it slowly, almost painfully into the lock. Hesitating a moment, he gathers his thoughts, catches his breath, and swallows the lump in his throat before turning the key to the left and hearing the quick click of the bolt sliding away. He replaces the key inside of the heavy flannel shirt and gently pushes the door open, standing outside in the gloom, waiting for his eyes to adjust to the darkness inside. Ghosts seem to move through the room, and through his mind, as he finally takes a step forward into his past.

Liarg
Member Avatar
In the pitch black darkness of the frigid spring night, he sits bolt upright in the chair where he had fallen asleep hours earlier. In the fireplace, a few glowing embers wink at him intermittantly, but their warmth is no comfort against the cold that he has felt inside for ages. As he sits, straining his eyes and ears for the sound, or sensation that had woken him, he begins to smell a familiar scent, the scent of "her". He closes his eyes and breathes deeply as the memories come back to him. Suddenly, there is a touch on his shoulder, a warm hand caressing him there, and the silky feeling of her hair on his neck as she leans forward, whispering in his ear "James, I have missed you so...". Then he turns, his hands finding her face, gently moving over her skin, seeing her in the dark, and he pulls her to him, their lips touching and joining as they had done so often during the good times. For a split second, he is at peace and the world is perfect again, as it had once been. But as suddenly as he had awoken, he awakes again, alone in the cold darkness of his broken heart. He reaches out into the night but there is no one there. It is a feeling that he has grown accustomed to....

Liarg
Member Avatar
Memories overwhelm him as he tries to sleep:

Parrrrtay,Jan 31 2005
01:39 PM

....she slowly walks out onto the deck and slides an arm around James and wispers in his ear "anything missing now?"

Parrrrtay,Jan 31 2005
04:38 PM
*Shay filled with love, looks into James eyes*

"Yes, to us! I love you too" 

Parrrrtay,Jan 31 2005
05:51 PM
..maybe I shall ask James to buy this cabin instead of just renting it for a vacation!

Liarg,Feb 1 2005
10:04 AM
Collapses across sofa with his head in Shay's lap and relieves her of the burden of the Blue in her "other hand".....

Smiles up into her beautiful eyes  :wub: --*I tole you this was gonna be a wild ride!* :P

Parrrrtay,Feb 10 2005
11:22 AM
:o UNBELIEVABLE! :o

*runs up to James and smothers him with passionate kisses*

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Liarg,Feb 14 2005
08:58 AM
Pops open the champagne and fills two glasses......hands one to Shay...

*to you for your love....to us...forever......I love you!  :wub:

...on and on they roll, memories of a forever ago that seems like only yesterday....

ParrrrTay
Member Avatar
...just a girl in the world.
Minister
I walk along the water edge on the way to The Pub aimlessly skipping rocks every now and then. Looking up I see the cabin off in the distance and (as I alway do) I tell myself someday I will find time to make repairs. As a gust of cold wind picks up I pull my coat closer in a useless hope of becoming warm once again. Up head I see The Pub and I tread-on to prepare fresh fish for the dinner special.
The Pubs of Parkplace
Delegate, Canada

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be
~P.FLOYD

Sail on my friend...
Holding Shelter
Twirl Hippy Chick twirl

Mirahge
And you say I have problems!
(I'm sorry, but i'm completly lost. What is this about?)

"Life continues on, with...or without you" ~Locust Queen, Gears of War 2

RP Charecters:
James Redmen - 28 days later
Pvt Damain Horton - On the Front
Lance Dersan - Cops

ParrrrTay
Member Avatar
Minister
OFF TOPIC:

Mirahge,Apr 11 2008
02:57 PM
(I'm sorry, but i'm completly lost. What is this about?)

This might help
A Vacation from the South Pacific
That is if you have time to read 50 pages.
The Pubs of Parkplace
Delegate, Canada

~P.FLOYD

Sail on my friend...
Holding Shelter
Twirl Hippy Chick twirl

DragonForce
Member Avatar
Digital Seraphim
ParrrrTay,Apr 12 2008
12:40 AM
That is if you have time to read 50 pages.

That's a big negatory.
In your blackest dreams we do believe; Our destiny this time; And endlessly we'll all be free tonight.
Hado-ken! Hado-ken! Shō-ryū-ken!

Liarg
Member Avatar
ParrrrTay,Apr 4 2008
03:01 PM
I walk along the water edge on the way to The Pub aimlessly skipping rocks every now and then. Looking up I see the cabin off in the distance and (as I alway do) I tell myself someday I will find time to make repairs. As a gust of cold wind picks up I pull my coat closer in a useless hope of becoming warm once again. Up head I see The Pub and I tread-on to prepare fresh fish for the dinner special.

Pat...pat...pat...pat...pitter...pitter...pitter...pitter.....

Sensations skip across his mind as he lies dozing on the sofa in front of the dying fire. Awakening with a start, he rub his eyes and stares into the dim light, not wondering where he was now, but where he had been. Drawn by an inexplicable feeling, he walks to the door, and out onto the deck...looking down on the beach. A lonely set of footprings mark the passing of......who? He briefly catches the faint scent of....the past. But it must be only his mind playing tricks on him. Wistfully he stares at the tracks on the beach, lost in thought for who knows how long. Turning to look east, dawns glow begins to turn into brilliant, radiant rays that shoot through the morning clouds. He turns, looking at the place he once called home, and with a determined look heads for the basement.

Liarg
Member Avatar
James looks up, thinking that its about lunch time, and realizes that the sun has set. The day has gone, but it has been a productive one. Numerous loose planks on the deck have been re-attached, cleaned, weather sealed and stained. Several shutters have been retrieved from the bushes and yard…repaired and replaced on the windows. Remains of animal nests have been removed and disposed of. Damage from water and ice has been repaired around the back door and on two of the north facing windows. Debris has been cleaned up from the house and yard and carried away. There is still a great deal of work needed, but at least it looks like someone cares about the place again. He sits on a rocker on the deck, sipping lemonade and nibbling on ginger snaps, closing his eyes as over and over Gilmour whispers in his mind….

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now theres a look in your eyes, like black holes in the sky.
Shine on you crazy diamond.

ParrrrTay
Member Avatar
Minister
The sun is coming up over the horizon painting the sky with bright hues of pink and purple. As I pass the cabin I do not look that way, even in this day and time it still pulls at my heart, so I turn my head to avoid the site, yet I still can't help to wonder how it all went wrong...

Every time I looked at you the world just melted away
All my troubles, all my fears dissolved in your affections
You seen me at my weakest, but you took me as I am
And if I fell you offer me a softer place to land

You stayed the course, you held the line you kept it all together
You were the one true thing I knew I could believe in
You were all the things I desired, you saved me, you completed me
You were one true thing I knew I could believe

There were are times I couldn't decide, times when I couldn't tell up from down
You make me feel less crazy otherwise I'd drown
But you would pick me up and brush me off and tell me I'm ok
Sometimes that's just what I needed to get through the day

These days are serene, and sometimes lonely
Since you went away...
The Pubs of Parkplace
Delegate, Canada

~P.FLOYD

Sail on my friend...
Holding Shelter
Twirl Hippy Chick twirl

ParrrrTay
Member Avatar
Minister
Laying on a beach blanket I absorb the summer sun and the cool breeze that often blows off the water this time of year. These days I spend most my afternoons feeling the pain, love, and sorrow of characters brought to life by the writing talents of authors.

A shadow slowly creeps up and dulls my page, up above I see a single cloud traveling across the clear blue sky. I set the book down, raising up I pull my legs into my arms and rest my chin on my knees. Staring off into the emptiness of the lake as the soft sound of the waves play in sync with the melody of the song playing on the small radio propped up in the sand.

Just ask the lonely
When you feel
That you can make it all alone
Remember no one is big enough
To go it all alone

Just ask the lonely
They know the hurting pain
Of losing the love
You can never regain

Turning my head I glance toward the cabin, not knowing why, since I've spend so much time avoiding the site these days. Quickly I blink my eyes and take a closer look. Shutters once thrown askew are now attached to the windows that owned them in the past. My heart skips a beat as my mind automatically thinks... James.
Then as always reality quickly remind me James is far away...

Which is the basic reason I spend my afternoons entangled in an entire fictional world.

Picking up my book, blanket, and radio I pack them in my small carry bag and walk toward the cabin...
The Pubs of Parkplace
Delegate, Canada

~P.FLOYD

Sail on my friend...
Holding Shelter
Twirl Hippy Chick twirl

Liarg
Member Avatar
James stands and walks slowly back inside, shivering against the chill that is not completely because of the cool evening air. Leaving the door unlocked, he starts a small fire in the fireplace and sits on the sofa, still lost in the thoughts that never completely leave his mind. Moments later, he tumbles into a restless sleep, interrupted constantly by memory after memory that tear at his heart.....

and in the background the Beatles whisper....

Yesterday
All my troubles seemed so far away
Now it looks as though they're here to stay
Oh, I believe
In yesterday

Suddenly
I'm not half the man I used to be
There's a shadow hanging over me
Oh, yesterday
Came suddenly

WhyI
Had to go I don't know
I couldn't say
I did
Something wrong now I long
For yesterday

Yesterday
Love was such an easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh, I believe
In yesterday

Why I
Had to go I don't know
I couldn't say
I said
Something wrong now I long
For yesterday

Yesterday
Love was such and easy game to play
Now I need a place to hide away
Oh, I believe
In yesterday

CrazyGirl
The insane one
Zandra looked on the paper with the directions written on them. Should be the place..

She just got back after many years of moving around, visiting other countries. It was nice to be back and visit some old friends she hadn't seen in a long time.
And now she heard one of her old friends was here, in this cabin.

She wondered if he'd still know her, after all this time...

Slowly, she walked towards the door, and knocked.

Liarg
Member Avatar
James walks to the door, wondering who in the world would be around after all this time.

He opens the door, and his jaw hits the floor...
after rubbing his eyes for a moment....he can't believe what he is seeing....

Zandra....is that really you?

James grabs her hand and pulls her into the room, shutting the door behind her. After a big hug, he steps back, still stunned by the unexpected arrival of his oldest and dearest friend.....

Please, come in...sit down.....let me fix you something to drink or a snack. How in the world are you, and what brings you back around after all this time....?

CrazyGirl
The insane one
Zandra walks in, happy that her friend did remember her after all this time and happily hugs him back

Well, it's a long story, and I really wanted to come back sooner, but weeks became months, months became years, and I wasn't sure if anyone here still remembered me. But some things happened and well, I thought back to the old days where we were young and had fun, not a care in the world...I needed to come back here. I'm reliefed you still remember me.

Liarg
Member Avatar
Remember you? Are you crazy? (oh, yeah, maybe you are :P ) Zandra, you are my oldest and dearest friend....I could never forget you....so many memories...so much travel throgh so many regions. It has been a long time, but you have never been far from my thoughts.

If you are looking for a place to relax and have some fun and not worry about much of anything, you have come to the right place. My retirement has kept me pretty much here in Canada and incognito for quite a while....

What can I get for you...the refrigerator and pantry are stocked and there is plenty to go around.... :)

CrazyGirl
The insane one
*smiles*

If you have coffee, that would be great. Jetlag is pretty bad.
I could use some time away from publicity, you sure you don't mind?

Liarg
Member Avatar
Coffee it is.....cream/sugar?

James pours a huge, steaming mug of coffee and hands it to Zandra. Grabs himself a sassafras tea and sits down across from her....

Of course I don't mind...you are always welcome...thats what friends are for. So, tell me, what have you been up to? You must have a thousand stories to tell...

CrazyGirl
The insane one
Zandra takes the coffee, adds sugar and cream.
While stirring, she speaks, rambling as always.

Oh, I could tell you plenty of stories..defending other regions, grateful natives, but also those who think we're also bad news and then chase us out, some lost missions, some wins. Or those who thought I was some goddess and were worshipping me, now that creeped me out. Arguments with some military commanders....and..

She tells some stories, with some yawns in between.

I'm not boring you, am I?

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Village · Next Topic »
Add Reply