Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to NationStates - Canada. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Regional FAQ
Topic Started: Apr 17 2007, 07:03 PM (829 Views)
Construction3
Unregistered

Regional FAQ

Q. I have questions about Nation States. Is there a quickly accessible reference that may answer my questions?

A. Yes there is. You can find it here.

Q.What’s the deal with this off-site forum? Why was it created?

A. This off-site forum was created for several reasons.

Firstly, it allows the region of Canada to expand beyond the parameters of Nation States, and enhance the overall Nation States experience. At this forum we are free to create our own constitution, and hold elections for various other positions.

Secondly, the Nation States regional forum only holds ten messages at a time, and they are not archived. This set of forums allows us to preserve our history. It also allows us to exchange information more reliably, as the posts remain on-site for longer than the 24 hours or so that they’ll remain at the Nation States regional forum.

Thirdly, these forums allow us to hold polls to gauge the national mood on UN proposals and other issues of regional interest.

Lastly, these forums help us all to get to know each other, exchange jokes, quizzes, and web links, and generally help to build a sense of community throughout the region.

Q. Why are some forums password protected?

A. Some forums hold information of a sensitive nature, mainly related to military alliances and intelligence. If you wish to receive a password, message an administrator or the sitting delegate, and they’ll let you know what is required to get access.

Q. I'm not registered, and am viewing in guest mode. Can I still post?

A. No, you can't. Guests can view our boards, but for accountability purposes, can't post or vote on our boards without registering and logging on.

Q. Hey - what's with the "tourist" bit - I live here!
You need to
register to become a citizen.

Q.Someone posted something offensive on this board! What do I do?

A. Report it to an Administrator. They’ll look after it.

Q. I think this place is cool. How can I get more involved?

A. There are many levels of participation.

Some people prefer to lurk, and vote on elections, referenda, and UN Polls.

Others enjoy discussing issues raised in the Canada forums, and talking to others in the “Water Cooler” and “Canadian Politics” forums.

Some people go all out and get involved in Canada’s government and UN delegacy, volunteering for positions as ambassadors to other regions, and proposing laws, constitutional amendments and UN resolutions.

There are many levels of participation, and you are invited to participate at the level you feel most comfortable.

Q. How do I get my nation on the regional map?

A. Refer to this thread.

Q. Where do I go to vote on the WA Resolution?

A. New UN resolutions will be posted in this forum for voting.

Q. Why can't I vote in polls?

A. Only citizens can vote in polls. If you do not have a nation in the region of Canada, your off-site account will be set to "tourist" status. If you do have a nation in Canada, and you still have a tourist status, please register to become a citizen.

Q. Can I have more than one WA Nation?

A. No individual player can possess more than one UN nation. The moderators do periodic checks, and throw those who abuse the one UN nation rule out of the UN.

Also, if you share a computer with another person who also plays on Nation States, only one of you can be in the UN. If you both join the UN, when the Moderators notice that two UN accounts use the same IP address, they will throw both nations out of the UN, no questions asked.

So, if you are using a shared computer, you may not want to log in with your UN nation. Only log into your UN nation on a secure computer that only you use.

This thread describes how they catch cheaters http://forums.jolt.co.uk/showthread.php?t=274575

Q. I have a question that is not addressed above. What should I do?

A. Create a thread in this forum with your question. Someone will answer it.
Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Frequently Asked Questions · Next Topic »
Locked Topic