Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Keep On Trekkin! You are currently viewing our forum as a guest. In order to join in on community discussion and enjoy other member-only features, you must first register an account. Once your registration is complete, you will be able to continue your Trek here at KOT.

Click Here To Register and Join Our Community!

Please contact us HERE if you have any questions or you need assistance with your registration. Posted Image

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
First photos from the set of upcoming sequel!; [SPOILERS]
Topic Started: Feb 24 2012, 06:56 PM (475 Views)
24thcenstfan
Member Avatar

First photos from the set...

Posted Image
Zachary Quinto on the set of the "Star Trek" sequel as Spock and Benedict Cumberbatch as the Villain in Los Angeles, California (February 23, 2012).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Zoe Saldana on the set of the "Star Trek" sequel as Nyota Uhura and Benedict Cumberbatch as the Villain in Los Angeles, California (February 23, 2012).

Posted Image

Source
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

24thcenstfan
Member Avatar

:wow:

Looks like Cumberbatch is playing a "regular" looking guy.

I'll have to go back and compare, but it looks like the uniforms are about the same.

...and a Vulcan nerve pinch saves the day! Okay, maybe not. Trekmovie.com is reporting that the fight continues even after the pinch attempt. Also pointed out by that site is the barely noticeable Starfleet logo on Cumberbatch's shirt. I can just see it. His pants are also about the same as Spock's pants with the little odd shaped patch/design above the knees. So maybe he is/was a member of Starfleet or was posing as a member.

Its anybody's guess right now about who Cumberbatch is portraying. Gary Mitchell is a contender I would say.

24thcenstfan
Member Avatar

Additional photos from the set not shown above:

Zoe Saldana and Zachary Quinto Go Into Battle Shooting Star Trek Sequel

Another Vulcan in Starfleet uniform. Now that Vulcan has been destroyed, I imagine there will be an even closer relationship between Earth/Starfleet and Vulcans joining up.

Mfive
Member Avatar
The Cosmic Soul Brother
Zoe Saldana is too boney.

24thcenstfan
Member Avatar

Mfive
Feb 25 2012, 05:19 AM
She's definitely very skinny. That could just be her genetics. I really don't think that uniform is very flattering to her either way. I wish they would have just put her in a pants uniform like the rest of the crew. It would have given her the opportunity to have a more physical action role like some of the guys appear to have. It severely limits her ability to kick some butt.

Seeing her in several other roles now, I think she makes a good physical actress and they are limiting her in this movie by putting her in that uniform in my opinion. The uniform nod was fine in the first movie, but I would have been equally fine with them transitioning her uniform for the next movie.

starbase63
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Feel free to lift any of the pics I've posted at STL, 24th. I enlarged some pics, it's definitely a Starfleet emblem on Cumberbatch's shirt. He's wearing the same kind of black shirt Pine wore in the first movie.

It was pointed out to me how Orci and Kurtzman are involved with the NuTimeline comic that IDW is publishing, and that the comic series is supposed to dovetail into the next movie, so since they've already done the NuTimeline version of "WNMHGB," it's not as likely that Cumberbatch is playing Gary Mitchell. Latest rumor I've heard is if he is a character we've seen before, he might be Charlie Evans.

Swidden
Member Avatar
Professional Gadfly-at-large; Provisional wRench-fly at large

Seems a little too old for Charlie Evans to me. The timeline if off from the original in so many ways, but I'd have to say that Charlie would have to be even younger than he was in the original timeline if they used him. If not, well, that is likely to feed the fires of those theorizing that this timeline diverged from the original long before Nero showed up. ENT haters will likely blame that series again...

On the plus side, he really does not look at all like a Khan type. So, hopefully that will finally put those fears to rest once and for all. Definitely not looking like an old school or "modern" Klingon either. Too skinny for Harry Mudd. I'll be happy if we get an original story.

Swidden
Member Avatar

24thcenstfan
Feb 24 2012, 07:56 PM

Another Vulcan in Starfleet uniform.
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those might likely be the stunt doubles. The outfits aren't exactly the same, but it does seem to be between takes. The guy behind Cumberbatch has a tear in his shirt in the exact same place.

Swidden
Member Avatar

Mfive
Feb 25 2012, 05:19 AM
Guess she would never consider auditioning for a remake video of that old Sir Mix-a-lot tune... :fixhalo: :whistle2:

24thcenstfan
Member Avatar

starbase63
Feb 25 2012, 02:16 PM
Feel free to lift any of the pics I've posted at STL, 24th. I enlarged some pics, it's definitely a Starfleet emblem on Cumberbatch's shirt. He's wearing the same kind of black shirt Pine wore in the first movie.

It was pointed out to me how Orci and Kurtzman are involved with the NuTimeline comic that IDW is publishing, and that the comic series is supposed to dovetail into the next movie, so since they've already done the NuTimeline version of "WNMHGB," it's not as likely that Cumberbatch is playing Gary Mitchell. Latest rumor I've heard is if he is a character we've seen before, he might be Charlie Evans.

Thanks. The speculation is flying about who Cumberbatch is portraying. Even the IMDb is not listing his character yet.

24thcenstfan
Member Avatar

Swidden
Feb 26 2012, 02:23 PM
24thcenstfan

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say those might likely be the stunt doubles. The outfits aren't exactly the same, but it does seem to be between takes. The guy behind Cumberbatch has a tear in his shirt in the exact same place.
Good call. I had wondered about the Vulcan's tunic. It was not as cut as Spock's tunic. It does seem likely now that they are stunt guys.

starbase63
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
Swidden
24thcenstfan

Yeah, they're almost certainly the stunt doubles. Quinto's double isn't wearing an equipment belt, though.

Swidden
Member Avatar

starbase63
Feb 27 2012, 09:31 AM
Swidden
24thcenstfan

Yeah, they're almost certainly the stunt doubles. Quinto's double isn't wearing an equipment belt, though.

Either we will have to look for it being missing when we see this fight scene on film, or they give him one to wear when it's his turn...

24thcenstfan
Member Avatar

There was a video available too over at trekmovie.com, but it has now been removed from the main source. You might still be able to catch it here...

LINK

A lot of commentary up front, continue watching.

Retro_Fan
Member Avatar
Captain
These pictures don't really tell a lot except that Spock's new main squeeze is right there to get his back. Cumberbatch could be playing any one of a dozen characters.

Swidden
Member Avatar

^^^
Yeah, I think that about all we can tell from the video and photos is that Spock and Cumberbatch's character don't exactly get along. Hey, here's an "original" idea: Maybe they are fighting over Uhura. ;) :D

24thcenstfan
Member Avatar

Swidden
Feb 29 2012, 11:45 PM
Hey, here's an "original" idea: Maybe they are fighting over Uhura. ;) :D
God help us.. :rolleyes: :lol:

24thcenstfan
Member Avatar

More set photos, but these are not very revealing. I am curious as to why Zoe Saldana seems sad and Chris Pine is comforting her. You can see it in the progression of the pictures. Odd.

http://www.popsugar.com/Zoe-Saldana-Chris-Pine-Filming-Star-Trek-2-Pictures-21991517?slide=0

Regarding the other set photos, it has been pointed out by many that the quality of the photos brings into question whether or not they were really taken on the sneak. They are pretty high quality up close pictures, so its entirely possible they were deliberately taken and "leaked" by the powers that be (for a variety of possible reasons). So I'm not completely buying that JJ Abrams is all that upset about this "leak". Orci kind of joked about him leaking the photos over at trekmovie.com, but I don't know if he was joking or being serious.

Goliath
Member Avatar
Kotarian Commander
It's always great to see evidence of a new "Star Trek" film being made. There are some very interesting photos here but since they are not in any context it's impossible to be sure what is going on exactly. With there being such a long time before the film is released i think it's highly unlikely we will be given any concrete information about the story for a while.

starbase63
Member Avatar
Lieutenant
24thcenstfan
Mar 1 2012, 09:39 PM
More set photos, but these are not very revealing. I am curious as to why Zoe Saldana seems sad and Chris Pine is comforting her. You can see it in the progression of the pictures. Odd.

http://www.popsugar.com/Zoe-Saldana-Chris-Pine-Filming-Star-Trek-2-Pictures-21991517?slide=0

Regarding the other set photos, it has been pointed out by many that the quality of the photos brings into question whether or not they were really taken on the sneak. They are pretty high quality up close pictures, so its entirely possible they were deliberately taken and "leaked" by the powers that be (for a variety of possible reasons). So I'm not completely buying that JJ Abrams is all that upset about this "leak". Orci kind of joked about him leaking the photos over at trekmovie.com, but I don't know if he was joking or being serious.
The way Abrams operates, I wouldn't be surprised in the least if the "leak" was by his own hand.

:chin:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Star Trek Movies XI => · Next Topic »
Add Reply

DISCLAIMER (Click and Scroll to read): Keep On Trekkin’ is a Science Fiction discussion community. We are not officially associated with, or endorsed by, Paramount Pictures Corporation, CBS Studios Inc. or Viacom Inc. Star Trek®, in all its various forms, is a registered trademark of Paramount Pictures Corporation (CBS/Paramount Television and CBS Studios Inc.). Any Star Trek® image used at this website will be for decorative or informational purposes only. Star Trek artwork 2008 PARAMOUNT PICTURES. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. All other trademarks and copyrights are the property of their respective holders. All themes used here at Keep On Trekkin' (unless otherwise notated on the theme) were created by 24thcenstfan. Special thanks to everyone who has provided emoticons, graphics and other services used for the creation of this website. Opinions expressed by the membership here at Keep On Trekkin’ do not reflect those of the Administrator of this Board or ZetaBoards.