Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Exterminatus Now. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Tracey Yardley Sonic Vs Lien-Da Collab
Topic Started: Oct 23 2014, 05:25 PM (283 Views)
Arkus0
Member Avatar
Team Eclipse
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Posted Image

A couple of months ago while browsing Forum Threads on Bumbleking Comics (A great place to discuss Sonic Archie Comics). I found a unfinished sketch by the famous Tracey Yardley, my favourite artist on the Archie Sonic comic
Posted Image

The sketch was a unused cover design for the "Endangered Species" story arc and sadly had to be changed due to legal reasons involving the Echidna characters, which resulted in them being removed.

Anyway I thought the sketch was so cool looking I had the urge to try and finish it with inking and colours, but obviously with better effort than I usually do for artwork. I of course ask Tracey Yardley's permission and he replied telling me to feel free to go ahead.

I was only interested in half the sketch so I didn't used the side with Knuckles and just focussed on the side with Sonic and Lien-Da (who is one of my favourite female villains in the whole Sonic franchise). The background was sketched from scratch by me and depicts courtyard in the Echidna city of Albion where Sonic and Lien-Da fought eachother because I wanted to recreate that scene where she revealed her new electro whips. Tracey's sketch of the two characters did have a few missing details such as part of Lien-Da's left foot, her dreadlock bands and her cyborg dreadlock so I had to had those during the inking stage, I think they came out okay. I think I failed with the cloudy sky background, its a lot harder to make clouds then it sounds.

This is just my way of showing respect to one of my favourite comic book artists, and as a tribute to a character fans will probably never see again except in other fan works. Please let me know how I did and constructive criticism is welcomed.

Character Sketch by Tracey Yardley:
Background Sketch, Inks, Colours & Shading by Me
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Anon Jaxun
Member Avatar
Faux McClud
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey, that's pretty cool! I like it dude. Good job on it.

HarvestmanMan
Member Avatar
The 14th incarnation
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Pretty damn good job, dude.

« Previous Topic · Pict-Logs Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply