Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Exterminatus Now. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Anon does stuff, too.; Much to your dismay..?
Topic Started: May 20 2012, 07:28 PM (362 Views)
Anon Jaxun
Member Avatar
Faux McClud
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hey. So, I've taken up art recently. I'm not going to pretend I'm the latest and greatest, or anywhere near all that. Mostly I just doodle, and yes in fact I am practicing drawing pony, day in, day out. But, this isn't about that.

Critique is absolutely welcome. Unless it's telling me to quit; that's just rude. :P

So, here we've got last nights piece. Whilst playing Half-Life 2, I couldn't help but wonder, "Goodness, what do they eat here in City 17?" and upon going into The Citadel once more, and re-seeing those particularly massive factories, I couldn't help but wonder...

"What if they make food here too?"

Now considering The Combine, it's probably a bunch of re-processed headcrab meat and crap like that, maybe for higher ups, an Ichthyosaur cuisine. But the denizens of City 17? Garbage basically. I thought, "Why not add a little humor to it all?" and for whatever reason, this spawned two more ideas.

Posted Image

1: Comb-Os!
"Part of your citizen's breakfast! May contain traces of Dark Energy, Sterilizers, and will not prevent headcrab attacks.

2: Aperture Laboratories Enrichment Energy Bar.
"For that extra boost of energy when performing life threatening tests. Do not consume without knowledge of safety protocols during eating, will not prevent neurotoxin induced necrosis."

3: Mes-Aah!
"Quadro-purified water with a supplement of Ginko Biloba for all of your scientific needs! Water may not be terrestrial.

I thought to draw just, "Comb-O's" on the box, but I then recalled that Half-Life 2 does indeed take place in Russia. Using Google Translate, I am not entirely sure how accurate the translation is... But it'll do.

As for the Aperture bar, it felt plain. Aperture isn't one for putting un-necessary words, decals and so on onto stuff, but for some reason GLaDOS's face felt... Necessary, almost.

Mes-Aah! was actually slightly inspired by "Cantine-Aah" from some old Star Wars thing I watched, but I found the pun fitting enough to work. Stupid-purified seemed fitting, along with the Ginko deal. But I imagine Black Mesa scientists are, while brilliant, endlessly stupid and would surely consume water from Xen. Which honestly, just cannot be healthy for you.

Anyway, feel free to leave critique, advice, and thoughts. I am entirely open to it and I am practicing daily..!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Anon Jaxun
Member Avatar
Faux McClud
*looks at previous art posted* GYAH!

Well. Here, have this instead
Posted Image
Yep. ponies. OCs and such- which I find more entertaining to draw than any of the mane six, honestly.

Oddly_1aundulxaldin
Member Avatar
Original Sin means that everyone is born into it.
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
This is hilarious.

Anon Jaxun
Member Avatar
Faux McClud
Oddly_1aundulxaldin,Aug 13 2012
02:17 AM
This is hilarious.

I am completely unsure as to how one would take this.

« Previous Topic · Pict-Logs Archive · Next Topic »
Add Reply