Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Exterminatus Now. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dead Celebrity thread; One-stop dead celebrity shop
Topic Started: Aug 10 2008, 08:21 PM (13,478 Views)
Master Shake
Member Avatar
Scootaloo! We have to cook!
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
First Bernie Mac, now Issac Hayes.

What's weird about this is that AMC was playing Escape From New York yesterday.

He's the Duke of New York. He's A-Number-One.

And yeah, I made this thread because at the rate Death is going this year the front page of this subforum might just wind up being all "Hey, *blank* died today* topics. Better to have a catch-all topic, I think.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Pixellated
Member Avatar
Being responsible
Master Shake,Aug 10 2008
09:21 PM
And yeah, I made this thread because at the rate Death is going this year the front page of this subforum might just wind up being all "Hey, *blank* died today* topics. Better to have a catch-all topic, I think.

How optimistic of you.

I'm hoping this gets buried at least three pages before being gravedug, for lack of a better term.

Master Shake
Member Avatar
Scootaloo! We have to cook!
My optimism's being waning lately, given that all these actors and comedians I've liked since I was a kid are croaking and nobody younger seems to be stepping up to fill the void of awesome that they left behind.

If this topic can go three months or so without an update, I'll be a happy camper. It'd mean fewer awesome people were dying.

Ed Sigma
Member Avatar
Science is your friend!
Damn, Chef's dead too? Bummer, sure he lost his way a bit with Scientology and leaving South Park on bad terms, but he was still cool in so many other ways, there's little that can beat the pure awesome of the Shaft theme.

Feldoon
Member Avatar
DYEL
Posted Image

*Feldoon coughs

Hercule Pyro
Member Avatar
You've done some terrible things, Mister Harry
I don't think Samuel has time to die. He's too fucking busy.

Quillian
Writer
Heath Ledger, George Carlin, Don S. Davis, Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes... am I missing anyone?

Feldoon
Member Avatar
DYEL
Quillian,Aug 10 2008
11:20 PM
Heath Ledger, George Carlin, Don S. Davis, Bernie Mac, Isaac Hayes... am I missing anyone?

ITT: Quillian's kill score.

Quillian
Writer
Feldoon,Aug 10 2008
10:26 PM
Quillian,Aug 10 2008

What? "ITT"?

Feldoon
Member Avatar
DYEL
Quillian,Aug 10 2008
11:32 PM
Feldoon,Aug 10 2008
Quillian,Aug 10 2008

What? "ITT"?

"ITT" is a popular abbreviation for "In this thread" which is used by a forum poster to denote content that appears in said thread.

Pixellated
Member Avatar
Being responsible
Feldoon,Aug 10 2008
11:33 PM
Quillian,Aug 10 2008
11:32 PM
Feldoon,Aug 10 2008
Quillian,Aug 10 2008

What? "ITT"?

"ITT" is a popular abbreviation for "In this thread" which is used by a forum poster to denote content that appears in said thread.

Probably one of the most useful resources on the internet for the majority of people.

sonigojix
Member Avatar
It time snu-snu!
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Feldoon,Aug 10 2008
05:26 PM
Quillian,Aug 10 2008

Estelle Getty and Stan Winston.

HAL OVER 9000!!!
Member Avatar
The Cardinal of Win.
Feldoon,Aug 10 2008
06:03 PM
Posted Image

*Feldooncoughs

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Quillian
Writer
Dave Matthews Band sax player LeRoi Moore just died.

Ed Sigma
Member Avatar
Science is your friend!
Real tragedy today, Donald LaFontaine passed away. You probably don't know the name, but you do know his work, he was the husky voiced narrator guy on pretty much every movie trailer ever. Damn, trailers will never be as cool again, unless we get either Morgan Freeman or Patrick Stewart to take his place. Or maybe David Warner...

Captain Wonderful
Member Avatar
Enjoy piracy responsibly
There will be no more trailers. That's final.

Quillian
Writer
Yeah, I just saw about Don LaFontaine, and you beat me to it.

Pixellated
Member Avatar
Being responsible
While we're at it, I'm running a deadpool. It might be callous, but it makes these events interesting.

So, I pose the question. Order of death: Margaret Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth II, Amy Winehouse?

HAL OVER 9000!!!
Member Avatar
The Cardinal of Win.
Pixellated,Sep 3 2008
11:12 AM
While we're at it, I'm running a deadpool. It might be callous, but it makes these events interesting.

So, I pose the question. Order of death: Margaret Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth II, Amy Winehouse?

My prediction:

1) Margaret Thatcher.
2) Queen Elizabeth II.
3) Amy Winehouse.

Exu
Member Avatar
Der-Der-Der-DERRRP!
Ed Sigma,Sep 2 2008
11:09 PM
Real tragedy today, Donald LaFontaine passed away. You probably don't know the name, but you do know his work, he was the husky voiced narrator guy on pretty much every movie trailer ever. Damn, trailers will never be as cool again, unless we get either Morgan Freeman or Patrick Stewart to take his place. Or maybe David Warner...

What about this guy?

Dakatsu
Member Avatar
FLYING PRESS
God no........ All the great people I love are dying!!

First George Carlin, then Bernie Mac, and now Isaac Hayes.

Quillian
Writer
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080904/ap_en_ce/obit_melendez

Quote:

SANTA MONICA, Calif. - Bill Melendez, the animator who gave life to Snoopy, Charlie Brown and other "Peanuts" characters in scores of movies and TV specials, has died. He was 91. Melendez died of natural causes Tuesday at St. John's Health Center, according to publicist Amy Goldsmith.

Melendez's nearly seven decades as a professional animator began in 1938 when he was hired by Walt Disney Studios and worked on Mickey Mouse cartoons and classic animated features such as "Pinocchio" and "Fantasia."

He went on to animate TV specials such as "A Charlie Brown Christmas" and was the voice of Snoopy, who never spoke intelligible words but issued expressive howls, sighs and sobs.

Melendez was born in 1916 in Hermosillo in the Mexican state of Sonora. He moved with his family to Arizona in 1928 and then to Los Angeles in the 1930s, attending the Chouinard Art Institute.

Melendez took part in a strike that led to the unionization of Disney artists in 1941, and later moved to Warner Bros., where he worked on Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig and Daffy Duck shorts.

In 1948, Melendez left Warner Bros. and over the next 15 years worked as a director and producer on more than 1,000 commercials and movies for United Productions of America, Playhouse Pictures and John Sutherland Productions.

At UPA, he helped animate "Gerald McBoing-Boing," which won the 1951 Academy Award for best cartoon short.

Melendez met "Peanuts" creator Charles M. Schulz in 1959 while creating Ford Motor Co. TV commercials featuring Peanuts characters.

The two became friends and Melendez became the only person Schulz authorized to animate his characters.

Melendez founded his own production company in 1964 and with his partner Lee Mendelson went on to produce, direct or animate some 70 "Peanuts" TV specials, four movies and hundreds of commercials.

The first special was 1965's "A Charlie Brown Christmas." The show reportedly worried CBS because it broke so much new ground for a cartoon: It lacked a laugh track, used real children as voice actors, had a jazz score and included a scene in which Linus recited lines from the New Testament.

However, the show was a ratings success and has gone on to become a Christmastime perennial.

Melendez created Emmy-winning specials based on the cartoon characters Cathy and Garfield, and was involved in animated versions of the Babar the elephant books and the C.S. Lewis book, "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe."

He also was co-nominee for an Academy Award in 1971 for the music for "A Boy Named Charlie Brown."

In all, his productions earned some 19 Emmy nominations, including six awards.

Melendez is survived by his wife Helen; sons Steven Melendez and (Ret.) Navy Rear Adm. Rodrigo Melendez, six grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren.

Dakatsu
Member Avatar
FLYING PRESS
Son of a BITCH

Quillian
Writer
Pink Floyd member Richard Wright dies age 65
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080915/ap_en_...tain_pink_floyd
Quote:

Pink Floyd member Richard Wright dies age 65

By MEERA SELVA, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 54 minutes ago

LONDON - Richard Wright, a founding member of the rock group Pink Floyd, died Monday. He was 65.

Pink Floyd's spokesman Doug Wright, who is not related to the artist, said Wright died after a battle with cancer at his home in Britain. He says the band member's family did not want to give more details about his death.

Wright met Pink Floyd members Roger Waters and Nick Mason in college and joined their early band, Sigma 6. Along with the late Syd Barrett, the four formed Pink Floyd in 1965.

The group's jazz-infused rock and drug-laced multimedia "happenings" made them darlings of the London psychedelic scene, and their 1967 album, "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn," was a hit.

In the early days of Pink Floyd, Wright, along with Barrett, was seen as the group's dominant musical force. The London-born musician and son of a biochemist wrote songs and sang.

The band released a series of commercially and critically successful albums including 1973's "Dark Side of the Moon," which has sold more than 40 million copies. Wright wrote "The Great Gig In The Sky" and "Us And Them" for that album, and later worked on the group's epic compositions such as "Atom Heart Mother," "Echoes" and "Shine On You Crazy Diamond."

But tensions grew between Waters, Wright and fellow band member David Gilmour. The tensions came to a head during the making of "The Wall" when Waters insisted Wright be fired. As a result, Wright was relegated to the status of session musician on the tour of "The Wall," and did not perform on Pink Floyd's 1983 album "The Final Cut."

Wright formed a new band Zee with Dave Harris, from the band Fashion, and released one album, "Identity," with Atlantic Records.

Waters left Pink Floyd in 1985 and Wright began recording with Mason and Gilmour again, releasing the albums "The Division Bell" and "A Momentary Lapse of Reason" as Pink Floyd. Wright also released the solo albums "Wet Dream" (1978) and "Broken China" (1996).

In July 2005, Wright, Waters, Mason and Gilmour reunited to perform at the "Live 8" charity concert in London the first time in 25 years they had been onstage together.

Wright also worked on Gilmour's solo projects, most recently playing on the 2006 album "On An Island" and the accompanying world tour.

Anyone here a Pink Floyd fan?

Ed Sigma
Member Avatar
Science is your friend!
Quillian,Sep 15 2008
07:41 PM
Anyone here a Pink Floyd fan?

Right here. Awww, shit man, the world just got a little less psychedelic yet angsty.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Audio/Visual Briefing · Next Topic »
Add Reply