SPRING

Angkar: Dry season. Often sunny, but precipitation is rare. Humidity is low, some bodies of water may have dried up, and bushfires can occur. The rainforest sees evenly distributed rainfall throughout the season.

Ashoka: Desert: Cooler temperatures, although still relatively hot. Violent, heavy downpours following long dryspells. Jungle: Hot and humid with frequent, violent rainstorms.

Morrim: Calm and generally cool. Thunderstorms and heavy showers are not uncommon, and there is also a chance of snow until late in the season.

Soto: Trees begin to bud and the snow begins to melt, which may cause minor flooding. Although temperatures increase, snowfall early in the season is not uncommon. Low-lying plants grow while the tree cover isn't too dense.

ANNOUNCEMENTS

March 30th, 2018 As you might have noticed, Elenlond has changed hands and is now under new management! If you have any questions, please ask [b]DaringRaven]! As for the rest of the announcements including a season change, you can find them over here at this link!

January 16, 2018 As you might have noticed, Elenlond has a new skin, all thanks to Mel! Don't forget to check out the new OTMs as well!

December 2, 2017 Winter has settled on Elenlond, bringing sleep for some and new life for others.

September 26, 2017 With the belated arrival of autumn come some interesting developments: new OTMs, a Town Crier and the release of the Elly Awards winners!

July 14, 2017 After a bit of forum clean-up, Elly Awards season has arrived! Head on over to make your nominations!

May 31, 2017 Summer has arrived and so has activity check! That's not all though – we also have some new OTMs for you and some staff changes!

WHAT IS ELENLOND?

Elenlond is an original free-form medieval fantasy RPG set on the continent of Soare and the Scattered Isles, which are located to the south in the Sea of Diverging Waters. The four chief nations of the western side of the world—Ashoka in northern Soare, Soto in western Soare, Morrim in eastern Soare, and Angkar, the largest of the Scattered Isles—continue to experience growth and prosperity since the fall of the Mianorite gods, although power struggles within the countries—or outside of them—continue to ensue.

QUICK TIDBITS

• We accept any member who wants to RP here;
  • We are an intermediate-level RPG;
  • We have been open since June 2004;
  • Elly's layouts work best in Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera. It is not optimized for IE.

• CURRENT EVENTS

Angkar: To honour the reinvigoration of the ancient city of Mondrágon, the majestic Queen Eulalia has permitted the opening of a Coliseum where people from around the world and all walks of life can test their combat skills against one another. Many have already done battle in search of honour, glory, prizes and money.

Ashoka: In an otherwise peaceful times, Ashokans are beset with the relatively minor inconveniences of wandering undead and occasionally-aggressive giant rock worms. There has also been some controversy over the recent re-legalisation of human sacrifice.

Morrim: Rumour has it that Emperor Leofric de Hollemark is mustering forces for a war. Though the threat from Soto’s forests has passed, the forces previously employed in watching the forest now linger at the border. Rumours also circulate of a small group that has been dispatched to make contact with the tribes of the Do’suul Mountains.

Soto: The Sotoans have defeated the fey and liberated themselves from Méadaigh’s oppression! Preliminary efforts have been made at rebuilding the city of Madrid, which had been captured at the beginning of the war. However, the Sotoans are hindered from recovery famine. Méadaigh’s magic caused summer to persist in the Erth’netora Forest through the winter. Her power has been withdrawn and the plants die as if preparing for winter – even though it is now summer. The Sotoans must sustain off what food they can get, what creatures they can kill and what can be imported into the city from Morrim and Angkar.

For a fuller description of our most recent events, check out our most recent edition of The Town Crier!

daringraven
    Administrator
    Qayin Graves
    SHADOW
    Supporting Admin.

Kestrel Sumner (Shadow)
    Kindle Blackheath
    Orion de Lacey
    Sinadryn Arsydian
    Welcome to our home, a world in which anything can happen. From sprawling deserts and vast forests to massive volcanoes and luscious hot springs, Soare and the Scattered Isles are beautiful places just waiting to be explored. For the brave and the bold or the cautious and the wary, creatures of all kinds roam the earth, looking for adventure or for a place to call their own. Species of all kinds - the well-known and the unknown - thrive here, though not always in harmony.

Elenlond is an original medieval fantasy RPG with a world that's as broad as it is unique. Calling on characters of all kinds, the sky's the limit in a world where boundaries are blurred and the imagination runs rampant. Restrictions are limited and members are encouraged to embrace their creativity, to see where they can go and what they can do. It's no longer just text on a page - it becomes real.

Enter Our World

Username:   Password:
    • Pages:
    IC Quotation Thread!
    Topic Started: Jun 9 2009, 02:42 PM (10,070 Views)
    Kestrel Sumner
    And then she was gone, her hips swinging as the knives jostled her thighs, passing by guards with her head held high, a haughty smile upon her lips.

Alrighty, we're going to start posting quotes at the top of the forum, randomized, just to show some of the neat and fun things people can come up with. Or, you know, just things that amused you, for whatever reason. If you have a favourite quote, or you really liked one, from a certain Rp, please post below with the quote, as well as who said it, and a link to the thread it was from. =D Please keep swearing to a minimum, though - nothing outrageous (so that means anything with the f-word in it basically, haha).

Ready...

Set...

Go~
    (OFFLINE) PROFILE QUOTE GO TO TOP

Cain Kaadian
    Member Avatar

XD I dunno... "Give. Me. My. Fucking. Scythe. Back." is my personal favorite.

XP Said by You-Know-Who in You-Know-Where.

Liron
    Elly's Official Flake T_T

That Andi one.....from that one thread.....about that one thing....xP

Aka.......

"Ah, excuse me for interrupting, Gentlemen, but I couldn't help but notice you cooking a child." - Andromalius, Crimson Rain

(Yes. That is taken directly from Yori's quote thread. I'm far to lazy to look it up.)

Deleted User
    Deleted User

lmao i love that one...
    QUOTE GO TO TOP

Andromalius
    Member Avatar

"I do not object, but know, Sire, that my specialty is groups..."
    "Yes.... your specialty does appear to be groups..."

- Freya and Razarod from Stolen

I like this one XD

Kestrel Sumner
    And then she was gone, her hips swinging as the knives jostled her thighs, passing by guards with her head held high, a haughty smile upon her lips.

If you guys give me a couple more (I said keep swearing to a minimum! XP), I'll put them up at the top of the forum. But I don't want it to be cycling through 2-3 quotes. There was one other in her quote thread that I'll take, said by Quicksilver, I think.

Yorishine
    Member Avatar
    Shadow's Little Cartographer <3

XP Pfft, it's your quote with the swearing. Not my fault it's awesome (psst- it's yours). =O Or should I blame Ri-Ri for it?

Sphynx
    Member Avatar
    Oil on Fire

“Yes, I’m sure that I would enjoy killing you very much…if you would have allowed me to do so, that is.” - Sphynx to Yori in The Dragon Heart Inn

Kestrel Sumner

Shadow is presently fighting with the quote generator. She is seriously going to bludgeon it.

That is all.

Kestrel Sumner

So, I finally got the damn quote generator up. Unfortunately, because it's touchy, I had to drop anything with quotation marks, meaning I had to make minor changes to the quotes I put up. Anything that was in quotes is now underlined, and anything that had a contraction was uncontracted (is that even a word? >>; ). Sorry guys, it's the best I can do unless someone knows of a generator that isn't touchy like that. The one I had before would let me, but... I dunno. I might try to replace this one with the other. We'll see...

EDIT: Forget it, I got the one I wanted to work work. So! Throw quotes at me. XP
    Edited by Kestrel Sumner, Jul 28 2009, 02:54 PM.

Razarod
    Angkar's Fallen Lord

Freya: "How else, do you suppose, I should have gotten your attention? Stood outside your bedroom, throwing pebbles at your window?"

Razarod: "It's a good thing you didn't try that... Kenna probably wouldn't have taken kindly to young women throwing rocks at the window at night..."

Freya: "Well, then I guess I'll have to try that out regardless. Maybe holding a sign saying 'King Razarod is a sexy beast' just for her."

Drake Aurelis
    Member Avatar
    Seeker of Truth

"You want to fight me?" Alright. And when I win and destroy all of you, the world will have that much less scum in it!

Said by Drake in Illusions to some bandits who assaulted him.

Meh... Thought I'd try and contribute XD I don't know if it's good enough..
    Edited by Drake Aurelis, Jul 29 2009, 09:28 PM.

DH_Ninja

Let me try and contribute as well. Use any of these if you want.

"Weak against water eh? 'Fraid of a little fire.............scarecrow? Maybe some direct sunlight? Garlic! Wait.....garlic? I dunno, maybe afraid of your own reflection! How about! Holy symbols!"
    ---------

"One time I tried killing this very evil man. But for some reason, some devine force came down, altered meh will to do so, and they got away over and over. This went on for a while, like a cliche."
    --------------

"Your full of whatchya smell like ya know. We could kill you. We could let you go. We know...plenty of techniques. We have oceans of potions! Factories of falactories. Waves of staves!"
    --------------

"So...you could be nice....tell us....we'll let you go....and you won't smell like bear dooky. Or we could....ya know....beat you with a quarter staff, set you on fire and force info outta ya."

- Agnar in Dying sky

"I see. I see. I see.............Hmmmm.....Talking bout all sortsa rapin and pillaging and fraud. Ahh yes. Document fraud. Cruelest of actions that can 'ccur in these.....these......places." - Agnar in Illusions

Mirix
    Member Avatar
    The Insatiable

“I wouldn't mind something to drink, though, if you don't mind. Preferably something with a little alcohol in it."
    “Only a little?” ~ Shadow and Drium; An Evening of Grandeur

"I have been quite alright..yourself? Do you not have a date?"
    "With an ass like this? You kiddin'?" ~ Shien and Freya; Lacking a Date

“Why the long face, Scham-Zam? There are plenty of lovely ladies here for you to dance with! And handsome gents as well if you’d prefer one less petite to press up against.” ~ Razi; Lacking a Date

“Don’t worry mi’lady. If I make you disappear, I’ll be sure to bring you back. Eventually…” ~ Razi; A Class Act

“Cats before rats” ~ Ashes; A Demon in my View

Raya Clearwood
    Member Avatar

"If you don't stop playing with your toys I'm going to have to hack off your arms."
    " Perhaps, you should watch your mouth and reassess the situation, before my toys take - out - that tongue of yours. "

Orion and Raya; Skies of Millenium Night

Oh and this one too...

"I will do everything in my power to kill you. If I have to hack every single limb from your body, dismember you, pull every single joint from its socket, every single ligament and tendon from your bones and your muscles, I will. And let it be known that it will bring me the utmost pleasure any man can feel on this god-forsaken earth." Orion; Skies of Millenium Night

XDD
    Edited by Raya Clearwood, Jul 31 2009, 01:51 AM.

Kestrel Sumner

Holy, we have a lot of quotes all of a sudden. XD I probably won't put all of them up, but I'll pick and choose a bunch. =D

Sphynx
    Member Avatar
    Oil on Fire

"My, it certainly is large... once you connect the head to the shaft..." Raya to Orion in Skies of Millenium Night

Razarod
    Angkar's Fallen Lord

Sphynx
    Aug 5 2009, 09:12 PM
    "My, it certainly is large... once you connect the head to the shaft..." Raya to Orion in Skies of Millenium Night
    O.O

lolololololololol

Kara Arianrhod
    Member Avatar

*snerks*

Was totally talking about his scyth!!!

*snerks*

Eismond
    Member Avatar

Call it what you will...doesn't change the situation XP

Liron
    Elly's Official Flake T_T

...............lol.

Taken out of context, that sounds so wrong.

Sphynx
    Member Avatar
    Oil on Fire

Even in context it isn't exactly right. lol which is why it belongs in the IC quote thread!

Kestrel Sumner

New set of quotes are up, along with the old ones. Any quotes that didn't have a thread tied to them (aka, you didn't explicitly name where it came from) was not added, as I don't have the time to hunt around looking for where some of these came from. Therefore, with each quote you give me, I need a thread name, preferably with a link to that thread. It just makes the entire ordeal go much faster for me. In any case, they're up. =) I think we have about 21 right now.

Ashes
    Member Avatar

“What'll ya gimmie if we do, sweetheart?”
    “A poke in the eye with a sharp stick.” - An NPC and Ashes in A Demon in my View

DH_Ninja

"And for anything in between... Too much effort. Nobody pays me to deal with spoons" - Mjor

The Smiling Leprachaun Tavern

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
    DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
    Go to Next Page
    « Previous Topic · The Den · Next Topic »
    • Pages:

affiliates

Join us on Facebook!
    Join/follow our deviantArt group!

Vote for Us and Check Out Our Listings!
    RPGfix Total Drama Website - The Best Role-Play Sites Top RPG Sites Top RP Sites
    RPG-D Seductive Directory
    Nerd Listings

Affiliates
    'Souls RPG Warden's Vigil: A Dragon Age Roleplaying Community Black & White
    Tales of Illyria Tir Dearthair The Games

Beyond the Fall
    Edolon

Word Counter provided by Fission

Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]