Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Paxia is dead.
Long live Paxia!

If you're a returning or new member and you're wondering where everyone is, look for us on the Paxian Private Forums (click here).

You have entered the Dynami Hive, intentionally or not, welcome.

Just don't mess up anything and take off those shoes.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Rogue Survivor.; It's like I'm really in a zombie apocalypse!
Topic Started: Jun 20 2010, 09:34 PM (2,490 Views)
DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
Okay this is getting ridiculous:

Posted Image

Oh yeah, and I found out that armor can really break, but luckily that's way more rare than melee weapons breaking.

Thank god.

I only managed to break one army body armor so far.

Oh right, and I noticed that those damn zombie masters keep resurrecting dead zombies. So don't try to fight one while you stand on a pile of dead zombies, otherwise you might get problems. If you meet a group of zombies, always go for the master first.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
So that is what it looks like in these CHAR offices:

Spoiler: click to toggle

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
Okay so I killed one of these BlackOps guys. They don't wear any armor but have maxed out hitpoints. They carry one of these heavy rifles the army has and an item called Z-Tracker. I think you can imagine what that does. It runs on batteries though, so it's kinda lame. Unless you are willing to switch it on and off again after every few steps you make, because switching it on/off doesn't cost batteries.

So that's it. I've seen everything and I'm still alive. The only thing that's weird is that I don't seem to find stronger zombies. Only skeletons, zombie masters, normal zeds and dark zeds. But that's it.

Do they only evolve when they kill things maybe? Because they are barely killing anything since all my civilians are already dead. The only thing that's running around are the occasional soldiers/bikers/gangs.

Edited by DigDog, Jun 24 2010, 03:47 PM.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Something bad happened in Paxia? I did it.
It MIGHT be possible that the stronger zeds are wandering in and out of your area.

But yeah, I've seen stronger zeds appear. Disciples or whatever, move as fast as humans do(walking) and they're strong as crap too.
Quote:

Goro was admitted to the hospital after the incident, and was pronounced paralyzed from the neck down. In 2016, he was outfitted with a prototype robotic replacement body. He quickly conquered the world through superior firepower.

All hail our robotic overlord, King of the World, Gorobei.

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
See, and I ran around for 40 days and didn't even meet one of them.

Hmm... remember how the zombies feast on your flesh when they hit you? Maybe they have to do that often enough to trigger evolution. But like I said, my maps are almost empty so that there is nobody to feast on.

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
So now that I've done everything that can be done, I have three options:

1. Run around and kill zombies for an indefinite amount of time due to being uber-badass and the zombies not evolving
2. Hide in the grocery store for another insane amount of weeks until the food is used up
3. Get yourself killed to get a graveyard log to post it here

So yeah, I decided to do number 3.

Spoiler: click to toggle

All those rifles were full of bullets by the way. So I could have killed anything thrown at me.

Anyway, so much for Rogue Survivor. Won't play it again until a new version comes out that brings significant changes.

BUT!

One last word, my death was not in vain. I proved a theory with it:

Posted Image

So we see, zombies evolve when they kill stuff. In my save there was nothing left to kill, therefore I couldn't get strong zombies. Sad face.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Hmm. Change options to include more survivors.
Quote:

Goro was admitted to the hospital after the incident, and was pronounced paralyzed from the neck down. In 2016, he was outfitted with a prototype robotic replacement body. He quickly conquered the world through superior firepower.

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
I would do that if the game would actually offer me a reason to play anymore. Which it does not.

Unless... you CHALLENGE me. Write down some options we both will use and we see who can survive longer.
Edited by DigDog, Jun 25 2010, 07:00 PM.

Lord Crepe
Member Avatar
Ain't I a cool cat?
Game too complex for me to bother learning, I did perform an interesting experiment which was to do nothing but shout (just press S) all the time.
Posted Image
Posted Image

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
...complex? For a roguelike this game is not complex at all.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
You know LC, one of the first posts I read about this game went along those lines.

"I thought it worked with ADWS. So I pressed S. I shouted.

I pressed S again, and shouted again.

A zombie master walked to the room.

I pressed S."

The movement is easy and the item use is mostly done with mouse, with gun requiring a button to be pressed.
Quote:

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
While we wait for new stuff, HAVE A QUOTED THING ABOUT WHAT THE NEXT UPDATE BRINGS TO THE GAME.

Quote:

Alpha 4 progress - Subway & other stuff
Subway
Worked on subways to make them more interesting.
You can open/close gates and lit/unlit the subway by switching the power on/off...

...Closing the gates on someone will crush them instantly. Quite dangerous those gates.

Quote:

Basements
Some houses have basements. There is not much down there, but it might provide a safe shelter... or not.

Quote:

Stuff I can't tell about
There stuff are "secrets" to be found by the player, so I can' t tell or show much about it.

There is that one huge map you'll have to find by yourself, and do something here. Its a unique map, only one per game. Find it and do something for two achievements (later will be part of the plot and win conditions).

There is that creature that lives in the sewers. Its a unique creature, only one per game. Kill it for an achievement.

Those parts are done.

The player wil also have the possibility to meet a certain "someone", in a specific "place" and will get the choice to give help to this "someone" in exhange for "avoiding some kind of trouble", but that will put you into "some other kind of trouble". Eh.

Quote:

Sewers, the return.
In most districts there will be a "Sewers Maintenance" building linking to a similar room in the sewers. If you want to camp in the sewers that's the place to go. I wonder what's inside...
On the surface it looks like that and is easily spotable on the minimap:

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
Interesting, but still no way to "win" the game.

You also forgot to mention that Alpha 3.21 is out.

With some interesting changes.

Quote:

GAMEPLAY
Followers
- Choose the upgrading skills for your followers.
- New order : Drop all items.
NPCs
- Civilians & Police have a 75% chance to upgrade on mornings on their own (player followers have 100% chance).
Food
- Food has a best-before date, nutrition value is divided by 3 when expired.
- Eating expired food can cause vomitting.
- Army rations no more stackable, but they last longer that groceries.
Dying
- Dead people don't drop all their items, some can be destroyed.
Items
- Dropping an useless item (tracker or light out of batteries) discard it (destroy it).
- Items with batteries are not automatically equipped.
- Ranged weapons can jam when you fire (insert curses here).
Undeads
- Undeads level progression back to 3.0 rate (faster).
- Invasion event will progressively spawn hi level undeads (if undead evolution option enabled).
- Zombie Lords now assault breakables too (like Neophytes and Disciples already do).
- Zombie Lords and Disciples will not appear before Day 7.
- Scents life time increased A LOT - Zombies will chase living a lot longer.
- Some undeads smell distance increased.
Breaking
- Breaking fences drop planks.
- Breaking stronger objects drop more planks.
Firing
- Firing accuracy penalty is now given if tired (big penalty) or stamina bar not full (light penalty) (was if running).
Other Bad Guys
- Rebalanced "those guys".
- 2 new items carried by "those guys", one of them is very useful against them.
- Can find two special items in CHAR Offices if lucky (one new, one old). Good reason to visit them.
National Guards
- National Guard leaders now bring one special item after a certain time (was previously carried by "those guys").
- National Guard only comes before Day 10 - no National Guard after that.
- National Guard squad size reduced.

This sounds pretty interesting, I might even play it again before Alpha 4 comes out.

Edited by DigDog, Jul 13 2010, 10:22 AM.

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
Alpha 4 is out: http://roguesurvivor.blogspot.com/2010/07/alpha-4-release.html

Quote:

More locations and buildings to explore : sewers, subway, basements, the police station.
Unique creature(s), item(s) and map(s) and the beginning of the plot.
If you reach the 8 achievements, you can pat yourself on the back and say "I've won".
Some of those achievements are obvious, some a bit less, and some you will have to find by yourself.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
You haven't played a game about a zombie apocalypse until you've played with these settings.

Posted Image

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
Are you crazy?

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Definitely so.
You get a whole new perspective on survival when you get to the window, or door, and immediately you see at least three hostile things.

If you're lucky, they're skeletons.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
New updates galore!
Like there have been a few or whatever since the last post here.

Anyway.

Stuff includes such things as murdering as a possible action, murderers going after you(the player), zombie mode and resurrection.

And some other stuff.

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
Does the game have a definite goal now?

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Sign-up for Free
« Previous Topic · Bigger Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Cody of Outline
Administration and Moderator List Replies to your topics Active topics Top 10 posters today Top 10 overall posters