Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Paxia is dead.
Long live Paxia!

If you're a returning or new member and you're wondering where everyone is, look for us on the Paxian Private Forums (click here).

You have entered the Dynami Hive, intentionally or not, welcome.

Just don't mess up anything and take off those shoes.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Dynami Camp DX; NOW WITH EXTRA HORROR
Topic Started: Jun 11 2010, 04:50 PM (948 Views)
Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Something bad happened in Paxia? I did it.
In the year 400 something, a group of kobolds set out to venture from their over-crowded caves, for a new and better home.

With a shovel, axe and a quite a lot of cave swallow brains to munch on, these brave fools are... Well, anyone who wants to sign up.

Kobold's aren't exactly a civilized race, so I'm not going to be playing a really civilized manner. Meaning I'll be trying to be as low-tech as possible with what we have and build.

We're embarking on a tropical freshwater swamp, so I was thinking of wooden houses, possibly on wooden supports if we have to construct above water.

So yeah, CALL YOUR KOBOLDS!

I'll be Leb, and... a Leatherworker. Only the best of leather armor for our soldiers!
Quote:

Goro was admitted to the hospital after the incident, and was pronounced paralyzed from the neck down. In 2016, he was outfitted with a prototype robotic replacement body. He quickly conquered the world through superior firepower.

All hail our robotic overlord, King of the World, Gorobei.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
WEAPONSMITH.

Wait, do kobbos even forge weapons?

Edited by DigDog, Jun 11 2010, 05:45 PM.

Tuss
Member Avatar
Trainer Unique Sub System Units
Give me the laziest of the bunch. Don't tell him to do anything, even in an emergency. See how fast he gets killed.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Dig, we won't even get anvils.
You could be a craftsman, and make some stone swords.

Obsidian swords, those are hawt among kobolds.

And since Tuss would be doing nothing then he has nowhere to go either, so odds are unless enemy catches HIM while everyone else is somewhere else, you'll survive a while. But sure.
Quote:

Goro was admitted to the hospital after the incident, and was pronounced paralyzed from the neck down. In 2016, he was outfitted with a prototype robotic replacement body. He quickly conquered the world through superior firepower.

DigDog
Member Avatar
Pantsman
Craftsman it is then.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
I'll just embark right away.
As is Kobold fashion, no one gets any pre-existing skill before actually doing anything.

People can still call for a kobold and even a job if they want a migrant, or want one of our starting seven to do something.

IN THE YEAR 409
OR WAS IT 410

ANYWAY

Posted Image

This seems like a nice place to start a new camp at! So the kobolds said, or maybe they were just tired of the long walk.

"Tlifidlager!"

One of them shouted, and it wasn't even a random attempt at comprehend speak, but a name. A name of their new home.

Posted Image

The lakes waves splashed against the shore peacefully, and off in the distance, hippoes swam in the river with idiot grace.

Truly this place was a paradise.

Truly they did not comprehend the mistake of embarking here.
Edited by Liveman Ieb, Jun 12 2010, 12:59 PM.
Quote:

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Posted Image

Time passes quickly, but the kobolds work quickly as well. Trees are cut, beds are carved, and before long they have a roof on top of their heads.

For now the little shack serves as their communal bedroom, but hoping that sooner than later, they all have little huts of their own, the largest house reserved for the head kobold, Leb.

What's more important right now, are walls. Lots and lots of walls, and that means lots and lots of trees have to be cut.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Posted Image

A perimeter has been set, a defensive wall built. Work has begun on making a bridge to the other side of the river, and constructing a trade post there, with walls of course.

Work has also headed underground, and a quarry shaft has been mined. A worker has found a number of shiny rocks, and shinier stones, both which are a known commodity for kobolds, among the people of the camp and trade goods for other kobold camps.

Posted Image

A few milkfish flopped their last moments at the end of the river, and both were brought back to the camp as supplies. But not before the leader threw a few punches with one of them.

Posted Image

He's such a hunk.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Migrants showed up, seven of them. With the camp population suddenly doubled, the demand for beds has risen, luckily there was another woodcutter among the new people so tree cutting has been a lot faster.

The trade depot area has been completed and walled off. What now has to be done is finishing buildings for our well-being, a butchershop and a fishery have been made already, but they could use a roof on top of their heads.

Posted Image

The more pressing matter at the moment however is giving people their own little huts though, so we'll do that before anything else.

Autumn has arrived. Three migrants along it. We now have 16 kobolds, after a peasant was mauled to death by a tigerman. He's still rotting in the forest, since no one really cared about him being gone.

Have built homes for everyone. Our woodcutters are becoming really good at their job, and our stockpile for logs is getting full fast.

Next up, building shops and starting a slow production of trade goods, a few skull totems out of those milkfish and blocks of shiny stones.

Posted Image

Built a shrine to appeal to our gods, and statues of their likeness out of shiny rock.

Posted Image

Built graveyard, buried Shludutlangis. Wrote something quickly on his gravemarker, a statue of shade wraiths.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Edited by Liveman Ieb, Jun 13 2010, 12:11 PM.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Lucky for us, that one of the migrants was a high master fisherman. We're more than well equipped now to producing food for our hunger.

Our miner breaches a wall, revealing a cave. Shiny blue stone is in the distance, but knowing the danger, the passage from our mine shaft to the cave is closed off.

We now have a legendary woodcutter, but the smell of goblins carried by the wind has made us close the gates for the time being. Until we know if it's just one goblin out there we're not sending anyone out into an ambush.

At least until we have our own ambush forces.

While our fisherman is catching mussel, the rest of the kobolds don't really have anything to do, so what do they do?

They gather around the statues, sing and dance.

Life is simple but not too horrible at the moment.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Ergh.

A mystery bug has arisen, that keeps crashing the game because it can, and leaves no mark on the error log about why it happens.

I think I might have to start a new camp.

Oh well, at least the camp is so young that it doesn't matter much, if at all.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
And let's see if this time the game won't crash!

Named kubbo's are Tuss the Doodler, DigDog the Stonecarver and Leb the leatherworker.

Instead of just repeating the embark of last time, tropical marsh, I embarked on something that might be fun.

A ruined human town, that fell against a goblin civ that grew so large in 600 years that it covers 1/3 of the world.

I cannot see any danger at all making a camp right in their territory.

Also, either it's something that kicked in just now in the mod, or then our kobold civ did something funky in the past because we now have access to iron gear, and even got an anvil with us.

Animals too. Let's just say it's the kobold mod that decided to kick in. Whatever, HERE WE GO!

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Well, we're here.

It doesn't even look half bad at the moment.

Posted Image

The heart of the town seems to have taken most damage of the goblin assaults, with most of the smaller buildings having been wrecked. Little remains of them but walls and floors. Only two houses remain with actual furniture, but there is a bigger building up north that has somehow escaped all damage. It's incomplete however, with the upper floor missing most of it's flooring.

Well we can change that later on, after we get rid of all the useless things that there are here.

Like those tables and chairs.

We're kobolds, we eat standing up!

Speaking of eating, while there's very few things actually useful here, we found a few barrels which had been stuffed full of food, all of it still edible.

Obviously our kobolds are delighted of such a discovery, given how we've been munching on preserved warthog brains the whole trip to the place.

Plans at the moment are rather simple, move all our food inside the biggest house the town still has standing, get rid of everything unnecessary and finally, construct a defensive wall around the new settlement. We have two axes, and four peasants, two of them shall start immediately on cutting down on trees while the rest focus on moving food indoors.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
The furniture was easy to remove, but problems began soon after we deemed the ruined human buildings should be removed.

It seems they have been damaged much heavier than we first guessed, at first removal had been easy but things soon went troublesome when the walls began to collapse.

A few bruises were had here and there, but the possibility of worse injury is there.

As it is, we've given up on removing the buildings. For now. They might be left there to rot, or rebuilt later on to serve as buildings for military or something.

I guess the priority should be given to the wall at the moment. Starting to work on that now, although Tuss is still saying he'd rather keep watch for the wagon. Why, I don't know, the only thing it has is an anvil and some cloth.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
At the later half of middle of summer, we finally finished building the walls, and even finished the depot area.

Posted Image

A group of migrants arrived, 8 of them, so now we have 15 kobolds in the camp.

From the lesser able, peasant, a strand extractor and a miller, I decided to compose our first military squad.

Or well, hunter squad, since that's going to be their primary job.

At the moment they have little to do besides training though, since we don't even have any weapons to hand to 'em.

Oh well, I'm sure they will be fine.

Tuss had a vision, or maybe he just got an idea, because he declared to be the camp's new shaman. A small hut was built for his honor and housing, and he seems happy enough with it.

As is proper kobold fashion, things took a dire turn at summer.

The ponds began to evaporate.

Soon they were but small pools of mud, and a few hopping toads, and the camp seemed doomed.

Luckily however, our miner struck through the roof of a large cavern, and what did he found?

Water.

Posted Image

Lots and lots of water.

We'll soon build a platform for drinking, rather than kneeling down straight from the stairs, but before we even get that far, we have to chop some more trees for it.

I just hope those giant olms stay where they are.

Luckily though, we found a few veins of gold and gems as we breached through.

If the ponds hadn't evaporated, I wouldn't have dug as deep as this.

Oh well.

We are going to need to make a new mine shaft though, since this one can't proceed due to all the water.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Winter just arrived, and we have finished building huts for all of our people.

Posted Image

Work has also began on a temple to praise the gods at.

A leatherworker has been possessed, and whispers about needing shells. Initial trips to the underground lake has shown no signs of there being any fish.

Unless we find a turtle from somewhere, there's going to be trouble.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Well, it turns out that turtles, even in warmer climates, really dislike winter.

No turtles anywhere, and the leatherworker sighed, gave up on their mental instability and wandered around like a ghost. It was really spooky, especially since the last thing she did was hang around the temple that had been finished(save for the moat around it), until she died.

A few kobolds felt discouraged, but as soon as she croaked her last, Digdog was struck by a mood so furious he stormed to a craftshop, and made THIS THING in no time.

Posted Image

He is now a master of stone trinkets, and keeps on saying if we had obsidian he could make some stone weapons for our soldiers.

We really should try to find some.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
More migrants, more huts, more cut down trees.

We've found a few veins for coal, and copper. Very nice for future metalsmithing, especially armor and weapons.

Merchants arrived again, straight through a pack of elephants. The guards broke rank to fight a few, and after a long chase, both the swordman and clubber brought down an elephant.

The swordman wasn't a surprise, but the clubber? That was surprising. This version maces and hammers and so on tend to broke bones rather than kill, although looking at the log, the guy killed the 'phant because he crushed it's skull.

The good thing is that this means FREE MEAT.

Yaaay free meat.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Another kobold is possessed, this time a carpenter.

To my dismay, he doesn't want a carpenter's shop though, no, this guy was originally a bowyer.

Well fine, I'll bite.

The guy got his bowyer's shop, and went to work.

And then, a cave crocodile crawls up to surface. From where?

The moat around our temple. It's still connected to aboveground by the tunnels, as it's the only place where we've found coal so far.

Fortunately everyone scattered fast, and the only victims were the pair of dogs which stood to fend it off. Both were bit in half, and then it began to chase our woodcutter.

The woodcutter retaliated, and chopped at it's leg, which cut an artery. The crocodile retreated, but didn't get far before it succumbed to bloodloss.

The camp is safe once again.

On the safe side, we're opening the cages where we've been putting the puppies in, since some of them have grown to adult dogs by now. All are to be trained for war like their parents.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Things might be interesting again.

Due to something I couldn't foresee, our kobold soldiers are having a lot of problems with their equipment. For one, they aren't picking any up.

For second, we can't make any armor.

Hurpa durp.

If we could get even some gear equipped, we could call it okay and wait for some goblins to show up and loot their corpses.

Assuming we are able to make them into corpses.

Meanwhile, a pack of chimpanzees is causing problems in the camp.

I would send the military to take care of them, but unarmed fighting in this version is a really bad idea, well, at least pure unarmed fighting.

We need some weapons, fast, one way or another.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Grmblgh.

This is a problem that apparently can't be fixed by adding the required job tags.

And the lack of armor is really an issue as well.

Time for yet another regen, woo boy.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
It took quite a bit of time but everything should work now.

The world history seems interesting too.

400 or so years, most of it quite woeful time for kobolds.

Starting in the north, they were quite close to the nords, and went to war with them by the year 60.

The kobolds were almost eradicated, but somehow they survived in the two towns they had left, and began to expand, while keeping up the war effort.

However, this was not to last. Despite decades of warfare, and the fact that kobolds could breed a lot faster than humans, the nords kept expanding more than the kobolds did, having been stopped by the elves, and soon the first wave of goblins.

Now caught between three enemies, it was the goblins who made their move and in one swell swoop they captured all the towns of the kobolds, and utterly destroyed the nords in a decade. The elves fell next, leaving the goblins fighting the dwarves, who had settled areas dangerously close to their dark fortresses.

It is our duty to reclaim the lost capitol of kobolds, and hold it at any cost!

I'm sure there's something still wrong that will end up killing us all. Oh well.

FOR JLIRGIS!

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Posted Image

This time, the town is completely wrecked. There's no extra barrels, no furniture at all, all has either been destroyed or plundered from the looks of it.

The seven kobolds are far from their small hiding places in the wilds, but this is their new home. The home of their ancestors.

It's time to once again start working on the walls.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Quite a bit has been made since the last post.

Again there have been migrants, and new huts made.

Posted Image

Along them, a temple has been constructed(the building surrounded by a moat in the pic), a mining shaft and a well shaft.

The well shaft exists thanks to the underground lake a few levels below.

The mine shaft has revealed copper and other things, but most importantly, MAGMA.

Posted Image

The magma workshops are on the right, in the middle of the lake.

To the left is the well-area, middle of it left alone for the bucket of the well above to land on, and the railings built?

The winter is cold on this map, freezing aboveground ponds and as we opened the path to the underground lake, the well-area freezes as well.

That's why the platform was constructed, for people to drink from during those few days in winter when it's cold enough to freeze water.

And that's we had our first tragedy.

Again, like the last fort, a cave crocodile swam up and went at a kobold fishing on the platforms.

I ordered my military(woodcutters) to attack, but they didn't make it in time to save the fisherman who was severely torn to pieces.

The crocodile then killed a war dog and chased a few cow calves around before one of our two soldiers went and attacked.

The fight was a mess. Only a few attacks but they mattered.

The crocodile bit into the arm of the kobold, and tore it off from her.

The kobold chopped at the croc's head, cleaving it off.

Immediately after, she bled to death from the stump that used to be her hand.

A master woodcutter and a brave soldier, she will be missed.

Posted Image

Next up, making more metal, weapons and after that, armor.

Liveman Ieb
Member Avatar
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Bigger Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages:

Theme by Cody of Outline
Administration and Moderator List Replies to your topics Active topics Top 10 posters today Top 10 overall posters