Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Paxia is dead.
Long live Paxia!

If you're a returning or new member and you're wondering where everyone is, look for us on the Paxian Private Forums (click here).

You have entered the Dynami Hive, intentionally or not, welcome.

Just don't mess up anything and take off those shoes.

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Epsilon
Topic Started: Jan 31 2009, 09:50 PM (199 Views)
harry8989
Member Avatar
Sciencefictionist
Prologue

A man-shaped figure floated in oblivion. Well, actually this wasn’t oblivion. In oblivion there was Nothing, not the nothing that is an absence of something, but the Nothing that which all somethings are defined by, due to the fact that they are not Nothing. Normal nothing is a void, Nothing isn’t even anything. It’s Nothing.

What was I talking about?

Oh yes. The man (when something is described as a man shaped figure, it is normally a man) was surrounded by miles of blank white space. In his left hand, he was holding a pencil, in his right, a crossword. Floating at his sides were various board games and puzzles. He probably would have stayed stuck on twelve down had not a sudden popping sound gotten his attention. He turned to see a man dressed in the cloak of a necromancer screaming.

Ceron screamed as he fell though the white, blank space. He was oblivious to the fact that when you’re falling through a white, blank space, there’s nothing to fall onto. Thus, you are actually floating, since the ground, or lack thereof, is moving away at the same speed you are moving towards it. A lack of something has no special co-ordinates, and therefore does the same thing.

However, Ceron had never learned any of this, and thus just kept on screaming.

He would have kept screaming if the other occupant of this dimension had not suddenly said:

“Hi, I’m Fred. You can stop screaming now.”

It took a few seconds, but Ceron eventually realized that he was not actually falling, just floating, and another minute or so before he realized the voice had come from behind him. He perked up, and loudly pronounced “Oh good, I’m dead!”

Freds’ eyebrows rose slightly.

“I see Death has done some renovations. It’s a good thing I know you’re dead, because otherwise I’d never be able to recognize the place,” Ceron continued “Anyway, I should be turning into a Lich any second now…”

Fred smiled.

“Ah, but you’re not dead. You can’t die here, and you have no need of food or water. You can go into a tiny coma if you like, though. I added that failsafe incase anyone every got trapped here. I also sent these board games and stuff over. I always make sure I plan ahead…”

He continued rambling for a minute or so, and then stopped himself. “Sorry. Anyway back to my ominous announcement. You’re in a pocket dimension. Welcome to Omega Alpha.”

Ceron blinked. “Wait, what?”

And then, from all around them, came an almost deafening noise, like that of a thousand bubbles popping, and slowly the space became filled with Dynami members...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Legends and Stories · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Theme by Cody of Outline
Administration and Moderator List Replies to your topics Active topics Top 10 posters today Top 10 overall posters