Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cloud x Aerith forums! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
For The One I Love page does not clarify canon couples; Cloud, Aerith, Tifa, FTOIL,
Topic Started: Feb 4 2013, 12:36 AM (3,201 Views)
Your-Rain
Member Avatar
Black Fairy
Something I've noticed a few months ago, but I didn't get a chance to bring it up.

I just want to say this straight out. It seems to me whoever translate the FTOIL, thought it would be smart to twist fans view point to make the page seem it was talking about canon couples. Also he/she twist there views points a lot furthur by giving out his/her so-called "evidence", saying that the paragraph underneath the Aerith date photo had no "special" or "pretty"words below it unlike the Highwind scene, which has "special" words underneath it, by explaining to the fans that since it was talking about the High Affection scene, it declares C/T canon :/

It's funny how fans didn't look deeper into this and notice that the FTOIL page is talking about romantic moments between the two characters, NOT canon couples. Also there would be no point to throw in the Aerith date picture among the rest of the "canon" couples or even have a page talking about the date scenes. And another thing, the reason why they choose to use Tifa's most memorable quote below the Highwind scene photo, because the high affection version is a romantic moment and was suited for that particular page, it would be silly to throw in the Low Affection quote, cause there's nothing romantic about it. Also SE won't have to mention that the Highwind scene has two different versions. So where does it clarify that C/T is canon? Come on it's not a hinting game, it's very straight forward, it's not rocket science to see that.

Also it should be noted that Aerith's most memorable quote has been mentioned many times, but does it mean that the Aerith date is the default version? No, it doesn't, if they hinted it to be the default version, then why they bothered to mention that the date has different versions of it?

I'm not trying to degrade that CloTi isn't a possible couple, just saying that the page was not canonizing the two, nor show any signs of them being the official pairing. The page was talking about the romantic moments in the game and they each have a page talking about those certain scenes and that's all to it, nothing major.

Note: If someone has already mention these before, please move this to the Thread Graveyard please, thanks. :aeris:

Actually, GreyGardens said the same thing just two days ago in the following post: GreyGardens - "Where Is Tifa Engraved" thread But I'm going to leave this thread - both posts make VERY good points. ~Aly
Edited by Anastar, Feb 4 2013, 03:46 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

JayM
Member Avatar
bamf
I've never been super-fond of the FTOIL arguments, m'self, but regarding the canonicity issue, I think because all of the other couples shown in the main section are canon in their respective games, it's not a ridiculous leap to assume the Cloud/Tifa section is likewise talking about a canon couple. However, none of the other scenarios given involve a love triangle, as far as I'm aware, so...

Regarding the Aeris date, the "special" text just means that there's nothing under the picture of the date mentioning Aeris in particular. The text is just that Cloud can date one of four people. However, there are plenty of people who ship Cloud/Tifa and don't have a problem with the Aeris date being canon (this actually came up a few pages ago on TLS).

I think in general people make a bigger deal out of that page than needs to be made. It doesn't really give any information that isn't elsewhere. My two cents. ^_^

Shiva
Member Avatar
Legendary Member
The most logical conclusion from that page is that FFVII has a love triangle in which Cloud can be (under player control) made to show more interest in Tifa or Aerith. I mean, FFVII is the only game on that page to show the hero with two different women. This page doesn't tell us anything we didn't already know. And it sure as hell doesn't make CloTi canon any more than it makes ClAeris canon.

Anastar
Member Avatar
To touch the light I see in your eyes...
I added this link as an edit to your original post simply because I felt that BOTH posts make very good points: GreyGardens - "Where Is Tifa Engraved" thread. Basically, GreyGardens said the same thing, but nobody responded.

I think that both of you are absolutely right that the HW scene appearing on the FTOIL page doesn't make Cloti the canon romance while Clerith is not. After all, a picture of both pairings appears on the FTOIL page, and both pictures are labeled as having optional versions.

The amusing thing is that no other scenes pictured on the page are labeled as having optional versions - just the Cloti and Clerith pictures. To me, that says very clearly that both love scenes are optional, which means that both pairings are optional.

Besides - as you said - why would the Clerith picture even be included on the page if Clerith can't be considered a romantic couple?

I'm also tired of these arguments over which couple is canon along with arguments over whether the evidence given by SE means that the couple is canon or not. Cripes, if SE wanted us to know which couple is canon, they would portray the couple as canon.

IF SE wanted either couple to be canon, why not just show them kissing in a non-optional scene? Such a non-optional scene would have been easy for SE to show in either FFVII or AC/ACC.

In AC/ACC, SE could have easily shown Cloud returning home to the Seventh Heaven, taking Tifa in his arms, then kissing her IF SE wanted Cloti to be canon. In AC/ACC, SE could easily have Cloud see Aerith in the flower field as he's riding the bike during Calling and/or Safe&Sound, stopping the bike, approaching her, taking her in his arms, then kissing her IF SE wanted Clerith to be canon.

I really think arguing over these vague hints from SE about which couple is canon is silly - IF SE wanted us to know, we'd know already. After all, SE is very good at doing love scenes.

Anti-R
Member Avatar
the girl who becomes a prince
JayM
Feb 4 2013, 01:07 AM

Regarding the Aeris date, the "special" text just means that there's nothing under the picture of the date mentioning Aeris in particular. The text is just that Cloud can date one of four people. However, there are plenty of people who ship Cloud/Tifa and don't have a problem with the Aeris date being canon (this actually came up a few pages ago on TLS).

Of course by dating Yuffie and Barret, Tifa's romance is just as nulled (because her and Aerith's points must be the lowest), and her night with Cloud in the HW scene is in low affection by default, Cloud only sees her as a friend and not a lover.

I find it ridiculous cloti shippers insist Aerith's date in the FTOIL isn't as valid, because of Yuffie and Barret, and act as if they never affected the HW night because it's not "written in the caption".

Am I the only one kinda ok with HAHW scene? Because based from AC, Cloud and Tifa really aren't meant to last with the two years they've been together. I can see them splitting up down the road.
Edited by Anti-R, Feb 5 2013, 04:10 PM.

aerithbunny
Member Avatar
Legendary Member
I'm ok with the HAHW scene because after it, really didn't seem to matter imo

Anastar
Member Avatar
Anti-R

I find it ridiculous cloti shippers insist Aerith's date in the FTOIL isn't as valid, because of Yuffie and Barret, and act as if they never affected the HW night because it's not "written in the caption".
I completely agree, Anti-R. In the first place, Barret and Yuffie aren't even part of the Love Triangle, since the only people confirmed to be part of the Love Triangle are Cloud, Aerith, and Tifa. That was stated in Aerith's profile in the FFVII Game Manual:

Young, beautiful, and somewhat mysterious, Aerith met Cloud while selling flowers on the streets of Midgar. She decided to join him soon after. Her unusual abilities enable her to use magic, but she seems more interested in the deepening love triangle between herself, Cloud and Tifa. ~Aerith's profile, FFVII Game Manual

Since Aerith and Tifa are the only people specified to be part of the Love Triangle along with Cloud, the Yuffie/Barret dates are inconsequential.

Furthermore, Tifa's profile in the 10th AU specifically said that Tifa and Aerith are/were "love rivals". There was no mention of Yuffie/Barret whatsoever.

As an added point, the two versions of the HW scene work basically the same way as having optional dates. If a player gets the LAHW scene, it's basically saying that Cloud and Tifa are not romantically involved. If Cloud and Tifa aren't romantically involved, then it's like Cloud going out on a date with someone other than Tifa.

So it's essentially the same mechanism. SE even specifically said so on three different occasions. All three quotes specifically say that the HW scene diverges into two conditions, according to Tifa’s affection rating with Cloud.

If which version of the HW scene you get depends on Tifa's affection rating with Cloud, then it's operating the same way as the Date scene - which date you gets depends on their affection rating with Cloud. Same difference.

Anti-R

Am I the only one kinda ok with HAHW scene? Because based from AC, Cloud and Tifa really aren't meant to last with the two years they've been together. I can see them splitting up down the road.

aerithbunny

I'm ok with the HAHW scene because after it, really didn't seem to matter imo
To me, the way Cloud and Tifa act toward one another in both CoT and AC/ACC indicate that the HAHW scene didn't happen. IMO, there's nothing whatsoever to indicate that romance exists between them - they are friends and nothing more.

I dunno if anyone remembers, but there was an article in a JP magazine released before AC which specifically said that Cloud and Tifa are "more than friends, less than lovers". Here's a pic of it:

Posted Image

I can't remember which magazine it was in, but I'm sure it wasn't released by SE. At any rate, that seems to be the most accurate description of Cloud and Tifa's relationship as portrayed in CoT, AC/ACC, and DoC that I've ever seen.

GreyGardens
Member Avatar
a story of a love
1. If the context of the FTOIL page was discussing default versions to variable scenes, the TLS article claiming the LTD is over would make sense. But I see no reason to think the HAHW scene is canon just because a page discussing love includes the romantic version of a variable scene. That’s more like a “no sh*t Sherlock” moment.

The FTOIL page is restricted to romance, so therefore the HAHW scene is the only appropriate version to include. But a page that is confined to such restrictions has no relevance or bearing towards the canon story of Final Fantasy VII, nor should it.

2. Which evidence supersedes what? The Cloud x Aerith date has been stated to be default/canon in other places, yet on the FTOIL page the caption says the date is variable and makes no specific reference to Cloud x Aerith. So if the FTOIL page supposedly makes the HAHW scene canon, does it also mean there is no canon outcome to Cloud’s date (even though in other places SE says the Clerith date is canon)?

I guess my main question is: what evidence supersedes what? Is the FTOIL page the final word regarding the Highwind scene but not Cloud's date?

If you argue that evidence other than the FTOIL page can make the Clerith date canon, can’t you also argue that evidence other than the FTOIL page can make the Highwind scene optional? SE does, after-all, point out the optionality of the Highwind scene on three separate occasions.

It seems that SE says one thing one place and then something completely different in another place. They aren't consistent with either the Highwind scene or Cloud's date. So whose to determine what supersedes what?

Maybe EVERYTHING that is variable remains variable? And maybe, just maybe, that’s because SE believes the love triangle is up to interpretation and doesn't want to make either pairing canon?

3. Yes, the HAHW scene has been used in other places besides the FTOIL page. But, just as Cloti’s say the Clerith date was used as a placeholder on the FTOIL page, I’d argue that the other times the HAHW scene has been used it was simply being used as a placeholder.

4. The only time SE mentions Tifa’s risque line about 'words not being the only way to show someone how you feel' is on the FTOIL page. Therefore, that is the only time you can say SE is specifically talking about the HAHW scene, which makes sense given the confining nature and specific CONTEXT of the FTOIL page. All the other times SE talks about the Highwind scene, SE simply says Tifa and Cloud’s feelings matched underneath the Highwind. But the only time we can be sure SE is referring to the HAHW scene is on the FTOIL page because that is the only time they reference Tifa’s risque line.

5. Tifa and Cloud share an intimate nonverbal moment in both versions of the Highwind scene. In fact, the picture used on the FTOIL page is a moment that is in both the low affection and high affection version — Tifa resting her head on Cloud.

In both versions, after this intimate moment takes place, Tifa and Cloud go back aboard the Highwind and a conversation unfolds where they agree that they aren’t afraid to face Sephiroth because they have each other. Since this conversation aboard the Highwind happens in both versions, these feelings can either be platonic or romantic.

Mutual feelings and intimate moments are in both versions, therefore it is never clear which version SE is referring to when they say Cloud and Tifa’s feelings matched below the Highwind.

5. There is just as much Clerith evidence as Cloti evidence. Even if the the HAHW scene is canon, that doesn’t take away all of the Clerith evidence, nor does it take away Cloud’s separate and possibly stronger love for Aerith. Maybe the canon answer is that he loved both women romantically?

In addition, the relationship shown between Cloud and Tifa in AC is VERY ambiguous, and there are tons of quotes/evidence that pokes holes in the idea that they are in a romantic relationship. In fact, there is no explicit romantic scene shown between them (contrary to virtually all other canon Final Fantasy couples).

JayM
Member Avatar
bamf
You can get the Aeris date AND get the HAHW - I've done it several times without even meaning to. I think I've even gotten the Barret date and HAHW before, and you have to be mean to the girls to get Barret. :lmao: But I could be remembering wrong about that one. I personally think the Aeris date and HAHW are meant to be canon, but I thought that before I ever encountered the LTD.

Anti-R

Like I said, though, there are plenty of CloTi shippers who have no problem with the Aeris date being canon. Tres has even come around on that. :)

I maintain I don't understand the fuss about the FTOIL page.

But then, I really don't get the LTD, either. I like arguing about canon and Japanese and narratives and all of those things, but why does it matter what you ship? Aeris and Tifa are both lovely ladies. There is room in the fandom, and in Cloud's affections, for both (IMO).

Anti-R
Member Avatar
the girl who becomes a prince
Assuming Cloud even has any romantic attachment to either of those two. AC really showed that well. He never acted as Tifa's boyfriend at all, in fact he already left her in the dark to die alone. While his feelings towards Aerith could be interpreted the same loss he felt towards Zack.

JayM

But then, I really don't get the LTD, either. I like arguing about canon and Japanese and narratives and all of those things, but why does it matter what you ship? Aeris and Tifa are both lovely ladies. There is room in the fandom, and in Cloud's affections, for both (IMO).

This is more on the clash of head canons between the players who controls Cloud in the original game.

And no, I don't really buy "he's attracted to Aerith but the real love of his life is Tifa" opinion is all.

Quote:

I think I've even gotten the Barret date and HAHW before

Don't think that's possible. Tifa should have gotten that date if her affection was that high enough.

Edited by Anti-R, Feb 6 2013, 01:44 PM.

Dreamstar
Member Avatar
Pink Maggit
I always thought there was a possible canon out come for ALL optional things. I never saw the HAHW scene as romantic, so for me it never bothered me till SE started all this crap with the ultimanias saying it was.

Personally, even if Cloud did confirm he loved Tifa in that scene. There is no romantic things going on between them later on in the story. Everything kinda went to the bad between them and even Nojima said it. Once Cloud puts a ring on it, or shows romantic kisses and such like other FF couples, then I'll know what's canon.

Your-Rain
Member Avatar
Black Fairy
JayM
Feb 4 2013, 01:07 AM
I've never been super-fond of the FTOIL arguments, m'self, but regarding the canonicity issue, I think because all of the other couples shown in the main section are canon in their respective games, it's not a ridiculous leap to assume the Cloud/Tifa section is likewise talking about a canon couple. However, none of the other scenarios given involve a love triangle, as far as I'm aware, so...

I think in general people make a bigger deal out of that page than needs to be made. It doesn't really give any information that isn't elsewhere. My two cents. ^_^
I see what you mean JayM, thanks for clearing that up. I guess fans can get mixed up views on this. But I just wish people looked into this more deeply, instead of jumping into conclusions and assume that "this" means "that", because it would cause a lot of confusions and it won't look good on their end.

I already knew what the person who compaired the Aerith date with the Highwind High Affection scene, meant, I was only mocking him/her, cause I thought she/he was twisting page's texts and assume that the page was clarifying canon couples and trying to show people that since the Aerith date doesn't mention anything to do with the two and since the HHA scene does mention Cloud and Tifa confirming their feelings without words, meant that the page was confiriming C/T canon. But maybe my paranoia got the better of me, she/he probably wasn't trying to make his/her pairing seem like the official one of FFVII, it was probably a whole misunderstanding -_-;

Meh I didn't mean to bring up the FTOIL page, it was something that was bugging me and wanted talk what I thought about that particular page.
JayM
Feb 6 2013, 02:59 AM
You can get the Aeris date AND get the HAHW - I've done it several times without even meaning to. I think I've even gotten the Barret date and HAHW before, and you have to be mean to the girls to get Barret. :lmao: But I could be remembering wrong about that one. I personally think the Aeris date and HAHW are meant to be canon, but I thought that before I ever encountered the LTD.

Like I said, though, there are plenty of CloTi shippers who have no problem with the Aeris date being canon. Tres has even come around on that. :)

I maintain I don't understand the fuss about the FTOIL page.

Sorry I don't mean to butt in the convo, but-

Everything you've said here, my thoughts exactly. Same, I too, had gotten the Aerith date and ended up getting the HAHW version, maybe cause I really liked having Tifa in my team, plus she is one of my fave FFVII chick; so I can't find it in my heart to make Cloud mean to her. There was no reason for me to be bitter towards her, she hasn't said/did anything upsetting? She's too nice. :tifa:

Sorry for bringing up the FTOIL page, I didn't mean to make a song and dance about >_<

Your right it doesn't matter what you ship, so why argue about who Cloud loves and make essays proving that such and such is leaning towards either pairings? What do we gain out of that?
GreyGardens, um not to be mean but, you didn't have to write an essay about it :unsure:

Quote:

In addition, the relationship shown between Cloud and Tifa in AC is VERY ambiguous, and there are tons of quotes/evidence that pokes holes in the idea that they are in a romantic relationship. In fact, there is no explicit romantic scene shown between them (contrary to virtually all other canon Final Fantasy couples).

Wait what? Now I'm confused.....one minute you said there is much evidence for CloTi and yet you said it pokes holes in the idea that they are romantically involved? I don't know if your tolling or mocking, but I'm getting a very bad feeling... :ermm:
Quote:

Don't think that's possible. Tifa should have gotten that date if her affection was that high enough.

Sorry for butting in, but it is possible, like I have gotten the Aerith date and ended up getting the HAHW version, twice actually. I think it counts when you have Tifa in your team, cause that's how I've gotten the HAHW scene. I think somebaody mentioned this here before, don't know who though?
Anastar
Feb 4 2013, 04:13 PM
I added this link as an edit to your original post simply because I felt that BOTH posts make very good points: GreyGardens - "Where Is Tifa Engraved" thread. Basically, GreyGardens said the same thing, but nobody responded.

I think that both of you are absolutely right that the HW scene appearing on the FTOIL page doesn't make Cloti the canon romance while Clerith is not. After all, a picture of both pairings appears on the FTOIL page, and both pictures are labeled as having optional versions.

The amusing thing is that no other scenes pictured on the page are labeled as having optional versions - just the Cloti and Clerith pictures. To me, that says very clearly that both love scenes are optional, which means that both pairings are optional.

Besides - as you said - why would the Clerith picture even be included on the page if Clerith can't be considered a romantic couple?

I'm also tired of these arguments over which couple is canon along with arguments over whether the evidence given by SE means that the couple is canon or not. Cripes, if SE wanted us to know which couple is canon, they would portray the couple as canon.

IF SE wanted either couple to be canon, why not just show them kissing in a non-optional scene? Such a non-optional scene would have been easy for SE to show in either FFVII or AC/ACC.

In AC/ACC, SE could have easily shown Cloud returning home to the Seventh Heaven, taking Tifa in his arms, then kissing her IF SE wanted Cloti to be canon. In AC/ACC, SE could easily have Cloud see Aerith in the flower field as he's riding the bike during Calling and/or Safe&Sound, stopping the bike, approaching her, taking her in his arms, then kissing her IF SE wanted Clerith to be canon.

I really think arguing over these vague hints from SE about which couple is canon is silly - IF SE wanted us to know, we'd know already. After all, SE is very good at doing love scenes.

Oh...thanks Anastar :blush:

You know I haven't realised that before, when you said that no other scenes has been labeled as having optional versions, *hits head* how didn't I see that lol You have a sharp eye there Anastar :lol:

Well I don't mean the Aerith date picture, what I mean is that there would be no reason to mention the date scenes among the "canon couples" Like the Aerith date picture was an example of one of the date scenes. But considering that it's the most well known one, that's probably the reason they have put it there, I'm just guessing here though.

I'm really sorry, I didn't mean to bring up the FTOIL page, I just wanted to point out some bits I've noticed, again I'm apologize for bringing this up and I didn't mean any of this to become an argument or make serious discussions about it -_-;

Edited by Your-Rain, Feb 7 2013, 04:42 PM.

Anastar
Member Avatar
Your-Rain

Your-Rain

Everything you've said here, my thoughts exactly. Same, I too, had gotten the Aerith date and ended up getting the HAHW version, maybe cause I really liked having Tifa in my team, plus she is one of my fave FFVII chick; so I can't find it in my heart to make Cloud mean to her. There was no reason for me to be bitter towards her, she hasn't said/did anything upsetting? She's too nice. :tifa:

Sorry for bringing up the FTOIL page, I didn't mean to make a song and dance about >_<

Your right it doesn't matter what you ship, so why argue about who Cloud loves and make essays proving that such and such is leaning towards either pairings? What do we gain out of that?
First, don't apologize for bringing up the FTOIL page - there's lots of confusing info about the FTOIL page out there which I think needs to be clarified. For one, whether or not the FTOIL page really makes Cloti canon or not - that piece of misinformation gets printed online way too often.

I agree with you and JayM that it doesn't matter what you ship. I think the whole reason the LT still gets argued, however, isn't about what we ship at all. We're still arguing it because when Cloti's claim that Cloti is canon and that Clerith is not canon, then Clerith people feel like we're being told that there's no validity whatsoever to the idea that Cloud is able to love Aerith.

Since Clerith people think that Cloud's love for Aerith is very clearly portrayed in the FFVII Compilation, we don't appreciate being told that the creators never intended for people to get that idea.

So it's not an argument over what we ship - it's an argument over whether the creators ever intended Clerith as a valid pairing in the FFVII Compilation or not.

As for being able to get both the Clerith date and the HAHW scene, yes it's possible to get both of those scenes. However, that's totally up to chance. It's not more "canon" than getting the Clerith date and the LAHW scene because SE has never declared which version of the HW scene is canon. Instead, SE always says that which version of the HW scene you get depends on Tifa's affection level with Cloud.

Click HERE to see three quotes where SE clearly says there is no canon version to the HW scene.

In those three quotes, SE makes it clear that there is no canon version to the HW scene and that how Cloud feels about Tifa is totally dependent on Tifa's affection level with Cloud.

I think it's very clear that IF SE wanted only one version of the HW scene to be canon, then SE would have clearly shown the "canon" outcome in a non-optional scene. IF SE wanted the HAHW scene to be "canon", then SE would have shown a non-optional kissing scene between Cloud and Tifa. IF SE wanted the LAHW scene to be "canon", then SE would have shown a non-optional kissing scene between Cloud and Aerith.

And I think that's what the FTOIL page shows - why? Because the FTOIL page clearly labels both the Clerith date scene and the HW scene as having optional versions. The scenes with other couples on the FTOIL page are not labeled as having optional versions.

That can only mean that who Cloud loves is dependent on the Date Mechanism and therefore optional to the player.

JayM
Member Avatar
bamf
Hey, Your-Rain, don't feel like you have to apologize. Like Aly said, there's a lot of confusion around the FTOIL page. You aren't the first person to talk about it here, not by a LONG shot. ^_^

Your-Rain

Yes, this is how I feel! :huggle: I really like all of the girls in FFVII. And it always seems out of character, to me, for Cloud to be mean to any of them. :lmao:
Your-Rain

I think - Aly mentioned this too - there's a feeling in a LOT of fandoms that it's wrong to ship something that isn't canon. So you have people who will bash you or say you're not a true fan just for shipping something that isn't canon. My personal response is to ignore those people. Ship and let ship! :aeris:

My favorite part of fandom is the fanfiction, and if you restrict yourself to only things that are explicitly and 100% canon, you basically can't read/write fanfiction at all. And fanfic (IMO) makes better arguments than essays, anyway. I have been convinced to ship certain pairings through fanfic; I have never been convinced by an essay, no matter how many quotes and references it has in it. :D
Anti-R

This is more on the clash of head canons between the players who controls Cloud in the original game.

If I'm reading you right and you're saying that people's headcanon re: Cloud is basically at the crux of the LTD, we are in total agreement. You can even see it in the way the fanart is drawn for the different pairings! It's really interesting, to me anyway. :D
Anti-R

And no, I don't really buy "he's attracted to Aerith but the real love of his life is Tifa" opinion is all.

That's fine; that's not my interpretation either, but even if it was, you're a different person than me, and the way we read the narrative is invariably going to - well - vary.

I mean, there's so many things that play into one's reading of any story, but particularly one with a romantic element, because everyone's going to have different ideas and different experiences with what's acceptable/healthy/desirable in a relationship, and even differing levels to which their IRL relationship views and fictional relationship views align.
Anti-R

Well, the requirements for the date are that the character's affection is the highest, but Tifa doesn't have to have the highest affection to get the HAHW, just over 50 points. Like I said to Your-Rain above, I don't really like making Cloud mean to the girls if I don't have to, and there's a glitch with the point system that lets you max out Barret's affection (so you can date him while still doing the Wutai quest on Disc 1 and using the girls in your party etc). I just can't remember if I used the glitch or not. :lmao: I've only gotten the Barret date once, even though it's my favorite of the four.

It IS really easy to get the HAHW and the Aeris date, though; that's usually what happens to me unless I make an effort.

Anastar
Member Avatar
JayM

I think - Aly mentioned this too - there's a feeling in a LOT of fandoms that it's wrong to ship something that isn't canon.
My point is that I could care less about who ships who. I just don't like being told by other fans that there's no way SE wrote the story so people could get the idea that Cloud loves Aerith. That's really unfair, IMO.

For example, if someone said there's no way SE wrote the story so that you might get the idea that Cloud loves Barret - okay. I agree. There's no hint of romance between the two.

But come on - how can someone say the same about Cloud and Aerith when, to me, it's as obvious as sun rise that Cloud loves Aerith?

To me, it's obvious how Cloti's can get the idea or can make the interpretation that Cloud loves Tifa. Yeah, I get it - I just don't agree with it, and that's not the way I interpret the Compilation.

I think Clerith people deserve the same courtesy - an acknowledgement that Clerith is a possible interpretation of the Compilation and that Cloti is not the only possible interpretation.

Cloti's don't have to agree with my interpretation, but I don't appreciate being told that the idea of Cloud loving Aerith is completely unsupported by SE. :no: Cloti's should at least be willing to acknowledge that Clerith is a possible interpretation of the Compilation, that Cloti is NOT the ONLY possible interpretation of the Compilation, and that SE has endorsed the idea of both Clerith and Cloti on an optional basis.
Edited by Anastar, Feb 9 2013, 07:25 AM.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Evidence against Cloud and Tifa · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates
.: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :.