Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cloud x Aerith forums! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The Saddest Movies You've Ever Seen; What was the saddest?
Topic Started: Oct 24 2005, 04:25 AM (1,924 Views)
Nevi
Member Avatar
let us be lovers.
These were the biggest tear jerkers ever.

Imitation Of Life
I'll Be Seeing You
The Way We Were
Little Princess (The remake)
Cheaper By The Dozen (the original)
Life is Beautiful
Millennium Actress
The Barkleys Of Broadway

I cried in these. They were so good. Most of them are older movies.

What about you guys? What ones made you cry?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mallorn
Member Avatar
Fangirl Extraordinaire
Okay, it takes a really powerful movie for me to cry in the theaters, one of the recent movies that did so, (and which I HIGHLY recommend) is Whale Rider, with Keisha Castle-Hughes. Watch it! It's impossible not to be moved by this.

Raist
Member Avatar
The Bringer of the Black Funeral
Ok I've cried in 4 movies. Well kind of 5 but one is an anime and it slightly doesn't count.

Titanic - I know it's somewhat cliche, but I LOVE Kate Winslet, and I just couldn't help it...

The Notebook - I saw this for the first time recently and it really hit home. I'm a hopeless romantic and it seems I'm a sucker for these soppy movies. And as above, I love the leading female role, Rachel McAdams.

Neon Genesis Evangelion - The two seperate movies were Death and Rebirth and End of Evangelion. This was the first movie I ever cried in. It has my favourite classical music, some of the most heart wrenching scenes and the last half an hour of the movie is the most mind shattering and heart tearing thing I have ever seen.

Lastly, and somewhat obviously considering my current signature and avatar:

The Phantom of the Opera - This is my favourite movie to date. There is just something about the music, characters and actors of this film that pulls at my heart strings. I love it.

slowerthanaverage
Member Avatar
*somewhat lost*
Well, I'm a hopeless romantic too, and I tear very easily.
Offhand, 2 shows that made me cry like a baby

1) Titanic - yups, despite the criticism, I thought that Leonardo and Kate portrayed the couple beautifully, and their love was so tragic, yet eternally beautiful (Often how I envisioned Cleris you know, Cloud will live a happy and fulfilling life, because he knows that Aerith would want him to...and at the end of his days, he will reunite with her in the promised land :cray: )

2) Finding Neverland - Can I say I love Depp? Love Depp love Depp love Depp... and Kate Winslet again.. she portrayed the widow beautifully... It's overall very heart-wrenching :cray:

Kusari Yarou
Member Avatar
Legendary Member
1. My Girl- I always cry when cute little Macaulay Culkin dies
2. Grave of the Fireflies- it's just sooooo sad from beginning to end :sad:

Enima
Member Avatar
Aerith's little sister
There are so many till I dunno where to start.

1. Final Fantasy VII Advent Children = I have no idea why it makes me cry honestly :sad: .

2. Edward Scissorshand - Well this one I think it made me cry because he was to be alone in the end and the girl never went back to him.

3. Ghost - This one made me cry because the scene of the two lovers parting in the end was very touching, even when Patrck Swayze cried I cried :sad: .

4. Final Fantasy : The Spirits Within - This one was quite sad as Aki had to lose Gray in the end, after the revived their love for each other.

5. Interstellar 5555 - It was all music, but the storyline was sweet and yet sad . The artist and Daft Punk really brought life into the whole Anime :blush: .

There are so many which I cried in, but can't remember all right now :sweat:.

Kusari Yarou
Member Avatar
Legendary Member
Oh! I remember, I cry during Hook and Peter Pan whenever Peter leaves Wendy. Despite the magical factors, it's a very sad story really... :sad:

Skelly
Member Avatar
a strange angel
Armageddon... :sad: GOD! I just watched it a few days ago, and I feel like crying, especially since my dad wasn't with me then. :cry: I haven't watched some of those movies mentioned, but this is the last movie I remember crying in:

A.I (Artificial Intelligence) ---> The ending made my cry so hard, especially with the "Fairy Godmother" theme, and with his mother. It didn't help that I watched it with my parents.

Anti-R
Member Avatar
the girl who becomes a prince
Schindler's List: Enough said. Anyone who've seen the movie should know why. Schindler crying "I didn't save enough" when all those hundreds of people are thanking him for taking care of them was so heart wrenching.

Kill Bill: Believe it or not. I emphatize a lot with Bill. He was simply acting upon human instincts and regretted it. You could still see he still loves the Bride, and that he was sorry for what he had done. He took his end like a man too.

Sense and Sensibility: When Elinor was waiting at Marianne's bedside, when the younger sister was sick and dying. The older one who never lets her emotions gets the better of her, broke down and cried "I tried my best to be strong. Dearest, don't leave me all alone".

The Godfather: When Michael Corleone joined the dark side, so to speak, because he love his father and wants to protect him from his enemies. Even if he knows he'll never go back ever again.

Little Women: When Beth died. "I know I shall be homesick for you. Even when I'm in heaven." And considering she was Jo's friend and confidante, it was so sad.

pink_fl0wers
Member Avatar
Banned
Hmm... for me, Titanic always made me cry, because those two had only each other, and then Jack dies! :sad:
Then A Walk to Remember, because they are just all happy together and then she's like, I have Cancer. I felt so bad for him!

Nevi
Member Avatar
let us be lovers.
Raist
Oct 24 2005, 12:52 PM
The Phantom of the Opera - This is my favourite movie to date. There is just something about the music, characters and actors of this film that pulls at my heart strings. I love it.

If they ever made Tosca into a movie you'd probably love it.

Raist
Member Avatar
The Bringer of the Black Funeral
Nevi

If they ever made Tosca into a movie you'd probably love it.

What is it? I may look into it.

Sefie
Member Avatar
Eyes of dream-water
Movie's I've cried at? Hoo hoo, boy.

Second Hand Lions
Charly(It's a Mormon movie, but I HIGHLY recommend it to all!)
Big Fish
Lilo and Stitch
Kuch Kuch Hota Hai

There's many many more, but I can't think of them at the moment!

i pRomiSe**
Member Avatar
less qq, more pew pew.
There are a lot, but there was one I remember crying to.

Lilo and Stitch
Lilo and Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch (I forget why.)

Toxo
Member Avatar
Nå kidding.
I really didn't cry in these (that much xD), but they're sad.

The Mighty
Casper (no, really)
Stalingrad

Can't think of enything else since it's 0:42 in here. :yawn:

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Music - Movies - Anime · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates
.: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :.