Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cloud x Aerith forums! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Job listing openings for FF7R level planner.
Topic Started: Mar 13 2018, 04:56 AM (323 Views)
Starsong
Member Avatar
A tragic melody
The listing

Nova Crystallis article

So an update on the progress of FF7R came in the form of a job listing!

This probably means there's not a lot done in the game other than storyboard and preliminary design. I thought it would be way further ahead, but the listing has the fandom scrambling for answers.

What do you guys think?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jon Snow
Member Avatar
khaleesi ♥
I think we're fcked.

They said a year and a half ago voice acting was nearly finished and that cut scenes were already being shot. They lied to us. It'll be 2020 when we see this shit.

athrunchan
Member Avatar
As a game developer, my first thought was how I could apply to be one of FF7R's core members now, but as a fan, I kinda lost hope for SQEN.

Were they lying to us? If so, why did they do that? With how things are going on right now, we'll probably get the first part of FF7R in 2020. We'll then have to wait 5 more years for the second part, then another 5 years for the third part. Holy shit that's a long way to go! :(
Edited by athrunchan, Mar 13 2018, 12:48 PM.

wordsmith
Member Avatar
Iím losing confidence on Square, at least with how theyíre handling their mainline games. Doubt they would have even finished KH3 if Disney wasnít their partner, plus the little effort SE had put there since most of the worlds there have already been 3D mapped by Disney/Pixar already.. Idk. Itís just, they donít seem to be doing much effort.. As for the Remake.. yeah.. I wanted to be hopeful, but it seems like theyíll be on dev limbo again like what happened with FFXV.. They also said theyíre open to hiring people who havenít played/not familiar OG.. though this is purely biased of me, I find it difficult to believe that this Remake will ever pay the respect to Sakaguchiís FFVII.. ah well. Itís still gonna be Clerith, so thereís that consolation.. other than that tho.. Iím not so sure itís gonna as groundbreaking as OG was..

Ultimavara
Member Avatar
Come away, oh human child, to the waters and the wild.
Hey guys, I know this topic elicits some strong feelings, but please remember to watch your language, per this announcement.

As for the topic itself, I can't say I'm surprised. I figured this was probably where they still were, considering how long it's been since they first announced it, with no real news on it.

colbie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
wordsmith
Mar 13 2018, 04:01 PM
Iím losing confidence on Square, at least with how theyíre handling their mainline games. Doubt they would have even finished KH3 if Disney wasnít their partner, plus the little effort SE had put there since most of the worlds there have already been 3D mapped by Disney/Pixar already.. Idk. Itís just, they donít seem to be doing much effort.. As for the Remake.. yeah.. I wanted to be hopeful, but it seems like theyíll be on dev limbo again like what happened with FFXV..
Yeah same here. I'm starting/ trying to move on to other series and (maybe) won't buy any future FF titles. FF7 Remake has a high chance of not coming out for a decade, like FFXV and the way FFXV turned out, it's not worth it. We know that they can pump out games within a normal timeframe because they somehow managed to do that with the FFXIII games.

If FF7 R doesn't turn out to be a massive DLC mess like FFXV, then I'll be so shocked.

MaidenoftheFlowers
Member Avatar
Hakurei
I knew it was coming, given their track record and their incompetence in handling this project. Of course, similar to FFXV, you could also base it on leaks, too, before the game is released. And take into mind the way Tabata handled the development of FFXV, which seems to be similar or will be, here.

This is where the phrase, "Voting with your wallet" becomes relevant. Which is what I've done for years.

There are better games/companies, that is a given. Though I can't help but still place SE in a small part of my heart, due to its more older entries to the FF series along with other IPs.
Edited by MaidenoftheFlowers, Mar 16 2018, 03:14 AM.

wordsmith
Member Avatar
MaidenoftheFlowers
Mar 16 2018, 03:08 AM

This is where the phrase, "Voting with your wallet" becomes relevant. Which is what I've done for years.

There are better games/companies, that is a given. Though I can't help but still place SE in a small part of my heart, due to its more older entries to the FF series along with other IPs.
I relate so much to this, Maiden. Iím a sucker for anything Final Fantasy, especially the older ones.. and Iím sure most of us will still get their hands on the Remake :lol: or I donít know, The changes may become drastic.. they might make a different game/story completely from this too as they keep the same characters and elements.. and with that, I wouldnít know how to feel since itís marketing itself as a Remake XD

Iíve been liking the Opera Omnia title so far.. for a mobage, itís pretty cool. Nothing incredibly serious, youíve got plenty of FF characters who are not the main protagonists in the game, thereís ample fan service (Iím starting to low key crackship Zidane and Tifa they just happen to share too many scenes together) and I saw in the JP version thereís a scene with Eiko and Aerith, and Iím very excited for that :lol: :lol: it really does run on nostalgia, but itís quite well-done, IMO. Iím still staunchly against the new Dissidia and the visual mess the gameplay is..

colbie

Yeah same here. I'm starting/ trying to move on to other series and (maybe) won't buy any future FF titles. FF7 Remake has a high chance of not coming out for a decade, like FFXV and the way FFXV turned out, it's not worth it. We know that they can pump out games within a normal timeframe because they somehow managed to do that with the FFXIII games.

If FF7 R doesn't turn out to be a massive DLC mess like FFXV, then I'll be so shocked.

It was so sad, what happened to FFXV.. it was a really fun game, but my experience in absorbing the story wasnít good.. there was so much potential in there, and it could really have been a complete game.. I wouldnít mind buying it if it had 2 or 3 discs and be more expensive as long as it was a complete game. I liked the lore in XV, and Noctis was a really great protagonist, but obviously they chopped all what could have been in the main game to rush-release this. Sighs. This is the thing I dread the most for the Remake.

pandatumble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0EVMayC2GU

Hmmm.... not sure how I feel about this. I'll just sit in my corner and patiently wait 10 years until something gets published.

« Previous Topic · FF7 Remake · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates
.: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :.