Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cloud x Aerith forums! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Expectations for KH3
Topic Started: Mar 7 2017, 11:50 AM (367 Views)
linaerith
Member Avatar
In our Promised Land...
What do you guys expect for Cloud and Aerith for KH3? I have some ideas myself, and I wanted to know what you guys think of those. And, of course, what YOU guys think could happen to them. After all, we've been getting an avalanche of Clerith content the past two years.

So my ideas are:

1) Hinted, but not outright stated, they live together. That's something I've seen been discussed (in the forum, actually!) that they are living together in KH2. So, if and when Cloud comes back, he goes back to his home with Aerith. Maybe we get a line like "let's go home, Cloud" and people are going to argue it doesn't mean anything.

2) Cloud left, and we don't know if he will ever come back. This could be an opportunity to see the other side of the coin. We know how Cloud reacts when Aerith asks him to wait and doesn't comeback in the OG. What if, this time, we get to see Aerith mourning instead of Cloud? I highly doubt it, because FF7:R is coming and keeping Cloud out of the game would be a huge marketing mistake. But it's interesting to think about that.

3) In KH1, the Little Mermaid world has close to nothing to do with her movie plot. On the sequel, you basically standby Ariel's story from the 1989 classic. So, maybe in KH3 Cloud and Aerith (Yuffie and Cid too) are going to be dressed in their OG design and they are leaving to save the Planet from Sephiroth and/or Meteor. Since this is a plot that involves "worlds" and whatever solar system in KH, it makes sense for Sora to tag along. Hopefully, Aerith doesn't die in this one.

So, what's y'all's thoughts? :cleris:
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

wordsmith
Member Avatar
I really like the first one, linaerith! I want Cloud and Aerith to be back in their Promised Land if ever KH gets concluded.

I don't have much expectations, but here's some things I want:

1. Flesh out Aerith's character from being just a 411-go-to girl. Would love to see a bit of background how she and Cloud got separated prior the first KH

2. Make Tifa interact with other FF/Radiant Garden characters (w/ Aerith pls) and not make her go look for Cloud and talk about Cloud *again*

That's about it actually. I'm pretty sure Square will keep it all Clerithy so I'm all good :cleris:

colbie
Member Avatar
Advanced Member

When all the worlds get resorted by Sora, there's a clip of Aerith sitting down by a cliffface- and then you get a close up of her smiling, and then you see Cloud walking up to her.

Would love something like that.

Chocobro
Member Avatar
New, but Long-Time Guest
Sorry for the thread bump, but with all of the hype and news for KH3, I’m so excited for the next upcoming months leading up to the game’s release.

In regards to Clerith in KH, I’m really excited and looking forward to it. The clip of their scene in 2.8 really got me hyped. I think it’s a definite for Cloud and Aerith to be in KH3, as they’ve had a ongoing story with each other and Sora throughout all three games. We’re definitely going to get a reunion between them and I can already imagine Aerith’s trademark “lean forward” pose. I think it would be even sweeter if Rinoa appeared, too, as what was hinted at the end of KH2. It seems like both Clerith and Squinoa have in-game reunions on the horizon for KH3 and I’m here for it.

I’m curious what the designs for Cloud and Aerith would be like. They’ve changed their outfits for the games, but with KH3 coming out in a few months, it’s be interesting to see S-E debut Cloud and Aerith as their PS4 KH delves before their FFVII Remake characters. Perhaps we’ll get both at the same time? At least I can hope :) I would love it if in KH3 Cloud and Aerith just had their traditional OG outfits. I know the first KH were inspired off of them, but I think they would look great for KH3 and sort of bring things full circle for them with their appearances.

With Tangled being a world in the game, I would absolutely love it if Mandy Moore returned to reprise her role as Aerith. I think she’d definitely be voicing Rapunzel, as she still does regular voice acting for the character on the television show, but I think she has been the best English voice actress for Aerith and is exactly what I’d imagine Aerith to sound like. On top of that, there are so many similarities between Aerith/Clerith to Rapunzel/Flynn and Tangled and I’d love to see that all in the same game.

But I can bet that S-E has let the voice casting directors know that whoever they cast as Aerith for KH3, they’d want to utilize her for Aerith in FFVIIR and I’d love it if Mandy did both, but I’m not sure if that’s a project in the works for her. But I’d hope so!

And of course, I’d love a nice Clerith moment in the game (their reunion!) and whatever else for them that comes after and a nice credits scene with Clerith and Squinoa, getting their happily ever after moment. ❤️

wordsmith
Member Avatar
Has anyone listened to “Oath” (the JP song) and “Don’t Think Twice” (the EN song)? Here’s “Oath’s partial lyrics (found the translated from this forumforum:

Quote:

I don't know anything about fate
But at this moment, I can't help but acknowledge its existence
Are you really happy with me just the way I am? Hey, are you?
I'd rather you not get my hopes up too much
This day is free of lies and falsehoods
The perfect day to take an eternal oath
I don't need pretty flowers or anyone's blessing
Let's wear rings of the same color

Then Don’t Think Twice’s partial lyrics:

Quote:

How did I live in a kingdom of thieves
And people who say things they don't really mean, really mean
You're only everything I ever dreamed
Ever dreamed of, ever dreamed of
You must be kidding me
Did you really think I could say no
I want you for a lifetime
So if you’re gonna think twice, baby
I don’t wanna know, baby
I don’t wanna know
Everything is just right
But if you’re gonna think twice, baby
I don’t wanna know, baby
I don’t wanna know

While I know the lyrics don’t 100% exactly reflect the KH plot, the song’s mood seems to give off that ‘the end’ of Sora’s story and everything and everyone involving it. Now this is all purely interpretative, but the two lyrics are as if two different people of the same relationship talking.. it sounds like they want to be together but there are still doubts/hurdles to face, which I think speaks subtly of Sora and Kairi and how the two of them have been holding out for each other, though apart, they are very devoted and they can’t wait for the day they’ll truly be together... and though it doesn’t go smoothly, and the waiting game is long, they still endure.

That’s how I’m reading the snippets of lyrics anyway, and if by a cinch I am sort of right, this applies a lot to the Clerith arc in KH too. Cloud did after all promise Aerith that he will come back.

So, what am I expecting? I’m expecting a Promised Land-related reunion for Cloud and Aerith. It just fits so well with the overall romance theme of KH and the new song/s seems to support that :lol: plus with the remake on hype, Cloud reuniting with Aerith in KH would hint the conclusion of Cloud’s eternal search for the Promised Land. Finally, the boy can be truly happy.

athrunchan
Member Avatar
Okay, I can honestly go into loud squealing whenever I'm reminded of the prospect of Clerith in KH3.

Like wordsmith, I don't have much expectation regarding Clerith. However my view is that way because I'm almost 100% guaranteed that we'll get Clerith in KH3.
Not to mention because after KH3, it'll be the Remake next, so SQEN will definitely want to keep promoting Cloud and Aerith as much as they can since FFVII is the story about these 2.

What I expect from KH3 :
1. Cloud and Aerith's sweet reunion, just like what Cloud has been hoping for in every single of his games. We got them back in KH1 and KH2, what's stopping them from making that again in KH3, considering KH1 and KH2 are leading up to KH3?
2. Cloud and Aerith interacting with Leon and Rinoa (lol). We've seen Aerith and Leon's interaction, but I guess I still want 2 of the most iconic and legendary couples in FF history to interact more with each other
3. Tifa stops being pathetic. I'm not hiding the fact that I don't exactly like Tifa, but honestly KH truly makes me think of her waaayyy less than before. I felt like banging my head on the wall because I cringed so hard watching her chasing after Cloud and getting ignored. I want her to grow up and start respecting his wish of being allowed to deal with Sephy on his own. For Tifa's sake, I truly hope that her character will get better development so that my opinion of her will raise a bit.
wordsmith
Feb 20 2018, 01:04 AM
Has anyone listened to “Oath” (the JP song) and “Don’t Think Twice” (the EN song)? Here’s “Oath’s partial lyrics (found the translated from this forumforum:

Quote:

I don't know anything about fate
But at this moment, I can't help but acknowledge its existence
Are you really happy with me just the way I am? Hey, are you?
I'd rather you not get my hopes up too much
This day is free of lies and falsehoods
The perfect day to take an eternal oath
I don't need pretty flowers or anyone's blessing
Let's wear rings of the same color

Then Don’t Think Twice’s partial lyrics:

Quote:

How did I live in a kingdom of thieves
And people who say things they don't really mean, really mean
You're only everything I ever dreamed
Ever dreamed of, ever dreamed of
You must be kidding me
Did you really think I could say no
I want you for a lifetime
So if you’re gonna think twice, baby
I don’t wanna know, baby
I don’t wanna know
Everything is just right
But if you’re gonna think twice, baby
I don’t wanna know, baby
I don’t wanna know

While I know the lyrics don’t 100% exactly reflect the KH plot, the song’s mood seems to give off that ‘the end’ of Sora’s story and everything and everyone involving it. Now this is all purely interpretative, but the two lyrics are as if two different people of the same relationship talking.. it sounds like they want to be together but there are still doubts/hurdles to face, which I think speaks subtly of Sora and Kairi and how the two of them have been holding out for each other, though apart, they are very devoted and they can’t wait for the day they’ll truly be together... and though it doesn’t go smoothly, and the waiting game is long, they still endure.

That’s how I’m reading the snippets of lyrics anyway, and if by a cinch I am sort of right, this applies a lot to the Clerith arc in KH too. Cloud did after all promise Aerith that he will come back.

So, what am I expecting? I’m expecting a Promised Land-related reunion for Cloud and Aerith. It just fits so well with the overall romance theme of KH and the new song/s seems to support that :lol: plus with the remake on hype, Cloud reuniting with Aerith in KH would hint the conclusion of Cloud’s eternal search for the Promised Land. Finally, the boy can be truly happy.
I THINK THAT WAY TOO!

"Oath" is pretty much a blatant giveaway here. Sokai and Clerith have oath with their respective female characters, and the lyrics honestly match so well with them.

Do you think we'll get a nice Clerith clip in KH3's credit scene, like the one in KH2.8?
Edited by athrunchan, Feb 24 2018, 09:36 AM.

« Previous Topic · Kingdom Hearts Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates
.: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :.