Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to Cloud x Aerith forums! We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Clerith in Kingdom Hearts 2.8!
Topic Started: Jan 12 2017, 01:18 AM (4,170 Views)
Jon Snow
Member Avatar
khaleesi ♥
Just watch!!! :fangirl: :woot:

Posted Image

Watch here: https://youtu.be/zEeHZPG9S9M?t=3m33s

Retweet: https://twitter.com/CloudxAerith/status/819349082057621506
Reblog: http://astoryofalove.tumblr.com/post/155741431035/so-this-happened-x

Order of love stories shown:

Snow White and Prince Charming
Aurora and Prince Phillip
Cinderella and Prince Kit (Charming)
Ariel and Eric
Donald and Daisy
Hercules and Meg
Roxas and Namine
Cloud and Aerith
Peter Pan and Wendy
Simba and Nala
Belle and Beast
Mulan and Li
Esmeralda and Phoebus
Jasmine and Alladin
Mickey and Minnie
Sora and Kairi

So... 2017 is starting out with a clerith bang!

Also, I watched the entire thing, unless the uploader doctored the ending with Clerith, and removed Tifa, Tifa does not show up AT ALL. Not even in the nakama section of the credits. Zack shows up, but no cloti scene at all!!!!!! :fangirl: :woot: :woot:
Edited by Jon Snow, Jan 12 2017, 01:37 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Anastar
Member Avatar
To touch the light I see in your eyes...
Who released this, Cali? SE or Dsney or who? :unsure:

If it says on the side there, it's scrolling too fast for me to read it..

Jon Snow
Member Avatar
khaleesi ♥
It's the ending credits for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 that came out recently, it's released by Square Enix AND Disney. this is the game Nomura helps with.

Moana
Member Avatar
I am Moana of Motunui. I will board my boat, sail across the ocean, and restore the heart of Te Fiti
Okay this is awesome and decidedly unsubtle. Wow Square. First Woff now this.

Nice find Cali.

Oh and I'm not sure if you know this but Li's first name is Shang. Li's his last name.
Edited by Moana, Jan 12 2017, 04:01 AM.

Daga15
Member Avatar
You're the best!!!!!! thank you for this video!!!!! i really think that the remake of ff7 will be clerith 100x100 because, in world of ff is clerith, then this, i think square is trying to say that this is the TRUE LOVE PAIRING. sorry clotis, we win!

Anastar
Member Avatar
To touch the light I see in your eyes...
StrayArrows
Jan 12 2017, 03:07 AM
It's the ending credits for Kingdom Hearts 2.8 that came out recently, it's released by Square Enix AND Disney. this is the game Nomura helps with.
Awesome!!! Thank you!!! I love it! :wub: :woot:

oh, I see it woulda helped if I'd read the topic heading... :blush:

Jon Snow
Member Avatar
khaleesi ♥
Yunagirl
Jan 12 2017, 04:00 AM

Nice find Cali.

Oh and I'm not sure if you know this but Li's first name is Shang. Li's his last name.
'fraid I can't take credit!

This person by the name iponimeotaku on tumblr brought it to my attention.

Well, Japanese cleriths are pretty damn ecstatic about it. @pluvia_ca is a die-hard clerith shipper, but she has always said neither ship is canon... until #WoFF and now #KH28

Posted Image
https://twitter.com/pluvia_ca/status/819456017297612801

Dreamstar
Member Avatar
Pink Maggit
Thanks so much for posting this! :cleris:

BUT.....

Tifa is Cloud's light? WHERE IS SHE? :rolleyes:
Edited by Dreamstar, Jan 12 2017, 07:30 PM.

linaerith
Member Avatar
In our Promised Land...
I'm going to add something I mentioned to Stray-Arrows on twitter:

I always thought all KH worlds had princesses, and who is the Princess of Hollow Bastion / Radiant Garden? As Kairi is the Princess of Destiny Island and Naminé of Twilight Town! Aerith is the Princess of Radiant Garden :') Which really fits her AND "The Promised Land" theme... A radiant garden where Cloud and Aerith live

Jon Snow
Member Avatar
khaleesi ♥
Dreamstar
Jan 12 2017, 07:30 PM
Thanks so much for posting this! :cleris:

BUT.....

Tifa is Cloud's light? WHERE IS SHE? :rolleyes:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, Nojima... Nomura, whoever is responsible for this cleared that mess right up. :cleris:

So... Like, basically everyone who is in the KH fandom is saying this ending confirmed SoKai... there's also a lot of cloti shippers on the youtube comments who are saying they never believed clerith to be canon... until this ending.

So.... yeah.

linaerith!! I'm so happy you're here! I was just about to mention your headcanon!! That headcanon is SO sweet and perf I want to write a fic for it so badly

linaerith
Member Avatar
In our Promised Land...
StrayArrows
Jan 12 2017, 07:43 PM
Dreamstar
Jan 12 2017, 07:30 PM

linaerith!! I'm so happy you're here! I was just about to mention your headcanon!! That headcanon is SO sweet and perf I want to write a fic for it so badly
I am!!! I have two Twitter accounts in different languages (Portuguese [carolicolina] and English [linasburgertown]) and I keep talking about Clerith on both of them so it must be really confusing :D

This has been my headcanon for years, and all of this really does make me feel like SE low key confirmed it? Maybe she's not THE actual Princess, but she's Cloud's Princess for sure ♥♥♥

I hope you can write a fic about it!!!! It would make my heart melt with happiness!!!

Moana
Member Avatar
I am Moana of Motunui. I will board my boat, sail across the ocean, and restore the heart of Te Fiti
StrayArrows
Jan 12 2017, 07:14 PM
Yunagirl
Jan 12 2017, 04:00 AM

Nice find Cali.

'fraid I can't take credit!

This person by the name iponimeotaku on tumblr brought it to my attention.
Ah my bad. Thanks anyway for bringing it to our attention, you are definitely awesome.
2.8 doesn't get released elsewhere until the 24th so its great not to have to wait for such fantastic news.

I haven't stopped fangirling, I even cried a little. I always knew CxA were canon but to have it confirmed so blatantly is incredible. :fangirl:
What is up with Square lately?

From "I don't want to choose for Cloud" and "player interpretation" to "the woman you lost" and "your love for her" and then sticking them smack dab in the middle of canon KH couples.

I wonder if the remake has anything to do with it.

Clorith
Member Avatar
Queen of Sap~*
Yeah I always assumed Aerith is the Princess of Radiant Garden, which is why Yuffie and Leon are always protecting her. Cloud probably arm-twisted them into covering for him when he's not around. XD

My gut tells me that Square figured out they couldn't tell a convincing story in the Remake unless they put their foot down on Clerith being canon. Or there's also a possibility they are removing the dating mechanics because they're concerned about social justice backlash over how the Barret date will be perceived, and it'll save them a lot of time production-wise if they don't have to record multiple versions of Aerith's and Tifa's lines throughout the game.

Jon Snow
Member Avatar
khaleesi ♥
It's just too bad Kairi is the actual princess of Radiant Garden...

WHATEVER, its still such a cute headcanon

Quote:

What is up with Square lately?

You know.... I don't know? I mean, maybe they're going back to their old marketing campaign strategy (referring to the original commercials/merch/etc). Maybe they think Clerith is just the couple that looks more appealing and will therefore get more sales.

Or they could be just like "whatever! we gave Cloud/Tifa shippers long enough to cope with this". I mean, 2009 was 8 years ago and that's when they declared Clerith lovers, they did it again in 2011, and again in 2014. That's a long time for fans to come to terms with something and I always theorized that Square Enix chose a novel method because it was a "softer" way to let down the other side of the fandom. Because they don't want to be assholes about it, so releasing a fact like that in a novel is a good way to ease people into accepting it. At least, it should have been.... Until people started saying those ridiculous arguments.

That would explain why ever since 2009 we've had really really GREAT clerith "fanservice"—25thAU said Aerith was Cloud's "aisuru mono", WoFF said Aerith was Cloud's "taisetsuna hito" and that he had "aisuru" for her... and now this.

The third possibility is... well, they could be throwing US a bone before they bait and switch. I doubt that is what's happening, BUT it is possible.

As for the date mechanics. That aspect of the game has always just been for replay value so I doubt they'll remove it. Besides, it never had a real affect on the LTD. Whether players make Cloud date Yuffie, flirt with Tifa, or get the High Affection Highwind scene, doesn't really matter at all or seem canon by the time you reach the end of the game. Because at the end of the game Cloud still tells Tifa that he wants to be with Aerith. End of story.

Fans should have never taken that crap seriously anyway. :fish:
Edited by Jon Snow, Jan 13 2017, 01:42 AM.

Velut Luna
Member Avatar
My destiny is in your hands
Let's see. Reunion scene in KH1 and Aerith waiting for Cloud scene in KH2.
and now this. how lovely <3 <3 <3
Edited by Velut Luna, Jan 13 2017, 01:51 AM.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Kingdom Hearts Series · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates
.: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :: :.